NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the attendance for the Jaguars in a playoff hunt.

09000d5d81d34e75_gallery_600.jpg

They are a franchise in trouble.

Touchdown club. It's a cold, wet game. They are inside. I told you already. You are showin me a pic from 2010 season. Did you know the Jags had a record breaking year in season tickets before that season began? No more 09's and the jags have no reason to move. Bow down to me in 5 years when they are still here.

They are inside in a playoff critical game?! WTF?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is the attendance for the Jaguars in a playoff hunt.

09000d5d81d34e75_gallery_600.jpg

They are a franchise in trouble.

Touchdown club. It's a cold, wet game. They are inside. I told you already. You are showin me a pic from 2010 season. Did you know the Jags had a record breaking year in season tickets before that season began? No more 09's and the jags have no reason to move. Bow down to me in 5 years when they are still here.

They are inside in a playoff critical game?! WTF?!

It wasn't that cut and dry. They just lost to the Colts which meant they had to win the last two while Peyton had to lose the last two. They were out. Mojo was out for the year.

Congrats on the Florida attendance title. I'm doing the math right now to figure out the Illinois champs. Bah, those Bears get all the breaks -- they don't even have another team in the state! Still, being SEC country, I'm surprised the Jaguars weren't voted into a BCS bowl for that accomplishment.

I see a lot of excuses. Here's one you can save for later: That empty section in the 2011 opener was where "Garrard's Guardians" sat - or perhaps "David's Goliaths"?

BTW, When that game happened they needed a miracle to get in.

Okay, how about a photo from this season's opener?

_Q3G7729--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Bright sunshine-y day. First game of the season, so nobody can yet accuse the club of underperforming. Sure, some sections are nicely packed. But others are vacant.

It's a little early to start holding up the Jaguars as a model for anything more than perfecting shell games.

Record heat day.

According to NOAA and Weather Underground, the high for Jacksonville on 9-11-11 was 93.

Considering that most Jaguars fans live in/near Jacksonville, a high of 93 degrees is not exactly "sweltering". They're used to the heat and the humidity.

Bright sunshine-y day. First game of the season, so nobody can yet accuse the club of underperforming. Sure, some sections are nicely packed. But others are vacant.

It's a little early to start holding up the Jaguars as a model for anything more than perfecting shell games.

Record heat day.

According to NOAA and Weather Underground, the high for Jacksonville on 9-11-11 was 93.

Considering that most Jaguars fans live in/near Jacksonville, a high of 93 degrees is not exactly "sweltering". They're used to the heat and the humidity.

Why does ATL have a dome? How come both Florida baseball teams play indoors?

Record heat day.

So Jacksonville has an inadequate stadium for their situation, and should either have a new stadium built for them, or they should move to greener pastures...

;):P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This thread--or at least the last three or four pages of it--is on the way to being goldmined.

I_S, speaking as a fellow native North Floridian and somewhat pseudo-former Jaguar fan...you're embarrassing the hell out of the rest of us. Please, just stop. Stop digging, put the shovel down, and take a load off for a lil' while, m'kay? ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Record heat day.

Because ATL's dome is also part of the city's convention center I believe. It is used for more than just football.

Florida's baseball teams play indoors because, as I think you should be aware of, it can rain almost every evening. Could you imagine if rain postpones a week's worth of games?

Interesting tidbit coming out of Oakland this morning. The mayor is holding an impromptu press conference to discuss a new ballpark/arena plan for Oakland (in response to the Warriors announcing yesterday they're in talks with San Francisco about a move there, and of course the A's nearly out the door already to San Jose). Along with that she's announced the Victory Court downtown Oakland ballpark site is dead. She's offering both teams a new site, their current Coliseum site, with new stadiums (though of course the teams will have to build them on a site the A's and MLB have said is unacceptable). However the piece that is most interesting from an NFL perspective, no mention is made of the Raiders. It stands to reason if the current Coliseum were to be demolished for a baseball park, the Raiders would have nowhere to play... in Oakland. And giving up on the Raiders is not something the Oakland leadership has been prone to doing in the last 15 years to the exclusion of the other two teams. Which IMO can mean only one thing. If the city leaders of Oakland are no longer factoring in the Raiders, the Raiders have no future in Oakland and have already told the mayor as much which means they're either Santa Clara or LA bound for sure.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_19505340

L.A. Raiders: Part Deux?

(And also, just because I saw it in there...if the A's do move to San Jose, they'd pretty much have to change their locale name, no? Think they'd be good with San JosA's?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

L.A. Raiders: Part Deux?

(And also, just because I saw it in there...if the A's do move to San Jose, they'd pretty much have to change their locale name, no? Think they'd be good with San JosA's?)

(Yes they'd be contractually obligated to become the San Jose A's. San Jose learned from Anaheim's mistake, and Wolff was more than willing to oblige).

As for the Raiders, it's either Los Angeles Raiders part deux or Oakland Raiders of Santa Clara in their future. They have an easy out of their Coliseum lease, a pending inheritance tax bill that needs to be paid (once Al's widow passes) and a son who may not be able to pay. Seems they'd be a prime candidate to sell off to either Roski or Anschutz if the family didn't want to tough it out. And Santa Clara is a tasty option if they do want to make a go of it. In either case someone else has done all the heavy lifting, they just need to decide. So not surprising they'd be abandoning Oakland.

No no no we went over this already. The NFL isn't letting its idiot bastard son have the most prime relocation opportunity ever.

They're really better off contesting their games in Santa Clara while still "embodying the spirit of Oakland," or something. Keep your team offices and practice facilities in Oakland, maybe.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This thread is veering towards "Skating on the iced blood of the non-believers" territory.

That's FROZEN blood, my man. :P But yeah, that's what I was getting at when I said this thread was on the way to getting goldmined. And actually, to be more accurate, those "excuses" are probably treading more towards that whole "Detroit scheduling loss" territory, whoever started all that jazz in one of the whole NHL threads.

This site sho' is good for a running Creamery meme or two, ain't it??

Archived