My take on various MLS Teams (Chicago Primary 5/15)

upperV03

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am planning on doing vancouver and then once I am done with them, I will re-evaluate what ther teams, if any, I want to do. I will certainly consider doing Minnesota.

Thank you!

spacer.png

As requested, I am in the process of doing the Vancouver Whitecaps. Here is the home kit, which hearkens back to the NASL era with the chest tripe, and features sky blue more prominently throughout. C&C appreciated.

xaBCwad.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As requested, I am in the process of doing the Vancouver Whitecaps. Here is the home kit, which hearkens back to the NASL era with the chest tripe, and features sky blue more prominently throughout. C&C appreciated.gF6pKDx.png?1

I like it. I'm a whitecaps fan and I definitely think this would make a good look for them. My only critique is that adding the chest stripe with the corporate sponsor makes it look like it's trying to highlight the sponsor, whereas I prefer keeping branding to a minimum as much as possible. There lies the problem in working with the chest stripe.

Glad you kept it simple with WFC. I would like to see you try some more subtle details in these as that (in some cases) makes a good kit great. I will also straight up say I don't like what you did with the back tag. Great work overall though.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

There are more subliminal details in the timbers' kits but I wanted to keep the whitecaps' primary kit clean and simple. The chest stripe is obviously the prominent feature, and it is a nice tie in to the original whitecaps teams. And also Jaker52, I'll post an enlarged version of the back tag so you can see the detail of it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks I thought it was just the blank blue

Here is an enlarged version of the neck tag. Its tough to see the details of it on the kit, so this should give you a better idea. I just took the Whitecaps 2 logo and took out the "2" from it. I think it makes for a nice secondary logo.

Uwaso7t.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

A non-important question: is your last name Henderson or are you using the premier league player Jordan Henderson from Liverpool fc?

spacer.png

A non-important question: is your last name Henderson or are you using the premier league player Jordan Henderson from Liverpool fc?

Haha, my last name actually is Henderson and my favorite number has always been 14 ever since I can remember. It's just a funny little coincidence how there is now a professional with that same last name and number.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks I thought it was just the blank blue

Here is an enlarged version of the neck tag. Its tough to see the details of it on the kit, so this should give you a better idea. I just took the Whitecaps 2 logo and took out the "2" from it. I think it makes for a nice secondary logo.

Uwaso7t.png

Thanks for clearing that up.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

As requested, I am in the process of doing the Vancouver Whitecaps. Here is the home kit, which hearkens back to the NASL era with the chest tripe, and features sky blue more prominently throughout. C&C appreciated.gF6pKDx.png?1

I like it. I'm a whitecaps fan and I definitely think this would make a good look for them. My only critique is that adding the chest stripe with the corporate sponsor makes it look like it's trying to highlight the sponsor, whereas I prefer keeping branding to a minimum as much as possible. There lies the problem in working with the chest stripe.

As a long-time Whitecaps fan, I love it. I don't have an issue with the sponsor being inside the stripe. It's a fair compromise for getting back the traditional Whitecaps look.

I would, though, prefer dark blue shorts to go with the white shirt. That would scream "Whitecaps" across the board. The all-white kits have gotten too generic in both the MLS and NASL Div 2.

As a long-time Whitecaps fan, I love it. I don't have an issue with the sponsor being inside the stripe. It's a fair compromise for getting back the traditional Whitecaps look.

I would, though, prefer dark blue shorts to go with the white shirt. That would scream "Whitecaps" across the board. The all-white kits have gotten too generic in both the MLS and NASL Div 2.

I will post an option with the dark blue shorts later tonight. Thank you for your feedback, and thanks for providing insight as an actual fan of the team.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here I have my idea for the Vancouver Whitecaps' secondary kit. The chest stripe motif is continued onto this kit, albeit in a more subtle manner. Like their current secondary kit, grey is featured as the primary accent color, and is used alongside the light blue. At the bottom of the front and back of the shirt, there is a sublimated mountain-esque design, which is the same design as the team crest, and pays homage to the white-capped mountains near Vancouver.

xl4NyG1.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived