My take on various MLS Teams (Chicago Primary 5/15)

upperV03

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great but I would add a black stripe to the cuff of the sleeve. Only problem with that is it would basically be what they currently wear, but then again that might be one of my favorite MLS jerseys.

spacer.png

Today I have for you the secondary kit for Columbus Crew SC. It is black from head to toe, like the one they unveiled this year, but on the front of the shirt there are sublimated diagonal stripes to match those from the crest. The stripes stop below the crest, making it so the upper chest and sleeves are solid black. Yellow accents are abound, and the jocktag is once again the inner circle from the crest. Also, would really love some C&C on both Columbus kits.

UzZe0Qj.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I have the third kit for Columbus, which features practically the same design as the primary kit, but is executed in an understated white and black color combo. The only yellow accents are on the side stripes and mls logos, acting as subtle compliments to the team crest. Like their previous white away shirt, white shorts and black socks complete the look. Overall the design is strong and bold, like the city of Columbus. C&C welcomed, and I will hopefully post the primary shirt of my next team later today.

KdodJzb.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

using a simplified version of the crest as a tag makes no sense, as it is a bit redundant. Color balance also seems a bit off. All these would look a bit better on the field though.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

The entire Columbus set is what they should always have IMHO, so nice work there! As a Revs fan I like what you've done with their set as well -- I fear the cream-colored third looks a bit too much like Philly, though I love the idea -- just replace the gold trim with more navy or even red.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

After finishing Columbus, I am moving on to DC United. Here is the primary, which sees a return to the three horizontal white stripes that adorned so many previous United kits. This design really seemed like a no-brainer for me, as it is nostalgic and looks good. Red accents are abound, and the eagle from the crest is used as a jocktag in dark grey. I may go back and eliminate the gold from the Revs' third kit, as suggested by Digby, but for now my focus is on DCU.

5OxcgfL.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

sharp look. The only thing here is the fact that three stripes looks like adidas branding, which looks bad even if they wear adidas. The number 3 is actually symbolic so putting in 3 of anything may complete the look.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

The reason I chose the three stripes was to mimic the look they had up until around 2006, I believe. I know it's a bit redundant with the three stripes on the shoulders, but I wanted it to be somewhat of a retro look with the three stripes on the chest. I may try some different things out though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The DCU looks great, but it feels as if it's miss something. Maybe a bit more white in the look? And for the Crew kits, what if you put the Ohio flag vertically underneath the collar on the back(in Crew colors).

That's what- She

I have an updated DCU Primary kit, in which the adidas branding is now a very dark grey in hopes of making the stripes on the chest feel less redundant. In addition, the three stripes on the chest look much bolder, as they did on their previous kits which sported the same look. Tying in with the three stripes on the chest, there are three stars rendered in white on the back neck, which of course represent the stars from the flag and the symbolism of the number three for DC.

zUnZNEk.png

Also, the Revs third kit has been updated once again, replacing the gold collar and shorts trim with brown. It differentiates it further from the Union, while maintaining the feeling of the Revolutionary War.

GFXFE4g.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Once again I apologize for taking so long these past few days, just been very busy lately. So I looked at your comments about the Dynamo secondary kit and opted to keep the stripes the same, but I did add the stripes to the socks to try and balance out the orange and blue. That kit is now updated, and here is the third kit. I was hesitant to do a black kit for the Dynamo since they are in Houston, but this kit just seemed right for them. It is similar to the current Sounders' third with the black shirt, bright shorts and socks, but the shirt features a unique gradient design within a vertical stripe below the crest. Also, the orange is just slightly brighter than usual to liven up the kit. Overall it is a nice, clean design with a modern twist. Hope you enjoy.

s5p5U6O.png

Yes!! Fantastic!

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

I would still like to get more feedback on the DCU primary, so I am putting them on hold until that happens. In the meantime, I am starting on the Chicago Fire, and decided to change things up a bit by designing the secondary kit first. It is similar to the current away kit in that it is 1. All white, and 2. Flag based. First off, I tweaked the crest by changing the grey border to sky blue, to tie the flag in with the crest. Second, I utilized the flag design by placing it on the chest under the team and adidas logos. The flag design is executed by way of a stylized gradient, fading across the chest from sky blue to white. In keeping with the gradient theme, the adidas stripes and the side stripes feature a unique red to blue gradient. The red stars from the flag are placed above the neckline (which features its own gradient), and also on the socks between two sky blue stripes, once again mimicking the flag. Navy names/numbers and sponsor logos complete the look. C&C welcomed, as always.

slm05bl.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

For the DC primary, maybe make either the stripes across the chest, or the adidas stripes red. I think all white is to much and then with the grey stripes, you just lose them. you could move the stripes up in line with the badge and adidas logo

For the chicago secondary. I like the light blue, but the gradient on the chest isn't really doing anything for me, and its really similar to what they have. I like what they have this year. maybe have the two solid blue stripes and then more thinner red and light blue on the rest of the jersey

Today I have a third iteration of the DCU primary, and hopefully the last. The grey stripes have now been made red, and the side stripes and back neck line have been eliminated to make the shirt look more simple and bold, without needless design elements. The collar is now black, as is the hem on the shorts. Go ahead and feel free to shoot away with any comments you may have.

qUPpBET.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived