Ti-Nick's NHL

Ti-Nick

Welcome to the boards, and a great start to your series!

Ducks-Love the bringing back of the eggplant and jade, but the shoulder logo just looks off. The yellow isn't used anywhere else except the sticks in the primary. Not sure what could be done to fix that though

Coyotes-This is a huge improvement over the bland mess they've been wearing. The only thing I'd change would be to add some more of that pattern you have on the collars into the rest of the uniform.

Flames-Looks really good, but I'd brighten the red just a bit

Oilers-Not much of a change, but it still looks really good

Thanks for the C&C.

I'm not completely sure either about the yellow if it's not used somewhere else. Maybe it would look better with their black and orange color scheme.

I tried putting the pattern in other places, but I thought it was overkill. I just wanted a small touch, unique to the Coyotes.

In general, I've been more partial to the ducks' black, gold, and orange look instead of the eggplant and jade.

I want the ducks to trot out in those tonight.

Btw love that flames set too. Great start.

Thanks for the kind words.

For the Ducks, I went with eggplant and jade because it's colorful and I don't like black jerseys in general. But I think I'll do another version in black and orange, just to see what it looks like.

The sharks concept is good but could use a little more orange.

I'll try something with one more color. Maybe silver. I really don't like that orange is in their color scheme, personally.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you end up making Alts, please have the Orca for the Canucks. It's a great logo. My favorite out of this set has to be LA or Arizona.

I also think the orca is a great logo, although it fits with Vancouver and the region more than it fits with the name Canucks. I hesitated between a simplified orca and the stick in rink before going with the latter. I will try something with the orca. Thanks for the input!

It never once occurred to me that the Sharks could use just Teal, Black and White but man, that looks fantastic! In fact all of your concepts are brilliant in their simplicity. Looking forward to seeing more from this series, nice work!

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

As a way to learn vector drawing, I’ve decided to do my ideal NHL. As you’ll see, I like traditional, old-school jersey designs, with more color and less black than in the current NHL. More like the NHL of the 80’s. The simpler the better.

Some jerseys are pretty much the same as the current ones, some others are influenced by great concept artists I’ve found here. And with other sets I’ve just tinkered a bit with the stripes and the logos.

These are my first concepts ever. You’ll probably think they’re too simple and not very creative, but as I said it’s just a way for me to learn how to use vector graphics. I might do third jerseys after all the primary sets are done, and by then I might be more experienced and able to do more creative designs.

Thank you for looking at this stuff. C&C welcome!

...Not too simple at all. Simple is good!

I like the return to the "original Ducks", and Calgary looks excellent.

Great start Ti-Nick. Keep it coming.

It never once occurred to me that the Sharks could use just Teal, Black and White but man, that looks fantastic! In fact all of your concepts are brilliant in their simplicity. Looking forward to seeing more from this series, nice work!

Thanks for the kind words! I really think the Sharks need nothing more than teal, black and white. It feels unique even without orange or silver, in my opinion.

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

As a way to learn vector drawing, I’ve decided to do my ideal NHL. As you’ll see, I like traditional, old-school jersey designs, with more color and less black than in the current NHL. More like the NHL of the 80’s. The simpler the better.

Some jerseys are pretty much the same as the current ones, some others are influenced by great concept artists I’ve found here. And with other sets I’ve just tinkered a bit with the stripes and the logos.

These are my first concepts ever. You’ll probably think they’re too simple and not very creative, but as I said it’s just a way for me to learn how to use vector graphics. I might do third jerseys after all the primary sets are done, and by then I might be more experienced and able to do more creative designs.

Thank you for looking at this stuff. C&C welcome!

...Not too simple at all. Simple is good!

I like the return to the "original Ducks", and Calgary looks excellent.

Great start Ti-Nick. Keep it coming.

Thanks!

Both are beautiful!

Ditto. Excellent job here Ti-Nick, been very impressed with this series.

Awesome job with the Isles and Jackets, very good set!

Oh my. Both of those designs look simply phenomenal. I particularly like the striping for the blue jackets.

Thanks a lot!

In my opinion, the chopped top of the N (and to a lesser extent, the Y) in the NY logo looks odd. It is like that because of the roundel; if you take it from the roundel, the N shouldn't be shaved.

Islanders-Stadium-Series-Jersey-2014.jpg

Thanks for your comment. I see what you mean, but I think it looks better with the N shaved. A little more dynamic, less... square. In my opinion of course.

Tough to criticize these at all, but if I can get picky.

Arizona- put the 'southwestern triangle' pattern on the hemstripe as well to ad some balance.

Calgary- Lighten up the red a touch.

LA- Need a black uni. A grey alt is ok.

San Jose is absolute perfection.

Edit- wow, didn't see the second page until I replied.

Capitals- Awesome. Great template, great logo. That eagle is too good to not use as a primary crest.

NY- I prefer the round logo, but that works very nicely.

Blue Jax- Exactly what I'd do. You use the cannon logo, which I love, and it looks like a military coat.

sig.png

Tough to criticize these at all, but if I can get picky.

Arizona- put the 'southwestern triangle' pattern on the hemstripe as well to ad some balance.

Calgary- Lighten up the red a touch.

LA- Need a black uni. A grey alt is ok.

San Jose is absolute perfection.

Edit- wow, didn't see the second page until I replied.

Capitals- Awesome. Great template, great logo. That eagle is too good to not use as a primary crest.

NY- I prefer the round logo, but that works very nicely.

Blue Jax- Exactly what I'd do. You use the cannon logo, which I love, and it looks like a military coat.

Thanks for your comments! I'll try something with Arizona and LA.

Getting a Blackhawks vibe from the Devils road jersey.

You're right. I didn't even see it.

Love these two, but I think the Devils would look good with green instead of black. Black is WAY oversized in the NHL.

TWolf

I too find that there's way too much black in the league. But I'm not a fan of green and red either (when they're together). I'm color blind and they don't look good in my eyes.

Archived