Article on Ducks' 2007 rebrand

Bluefalcon

There can be exceptions. The North Stars' logo is one of the most beloved, and for good reason, but it was an N and a star for North Stars, not an M for Minnesota. Same with the Nordiques and the Avalanche, two other logos most people love, or the C for Canucks, which people seem to tolerate for some reason. I suppose you could turn the foot 90 degrees and kind of make an A out of it, but that's kind of vague.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think they could have done something like this using the last jersey style with more orange and the D.

ducks2_zps9417d56d.png

I've seen similar ones, and that would work. It's essentially a spiritual successor to the Mighty Ducks uniforms just with the stripes swooshed and going the other direction.

MightyDucks3.png

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There can be exceptions. The North Stars' logo is one of the most beloved, and for good reason, but it was an N and a star for North Stars, not an M for Minnesota. Same with the Nordiques and the Avalanche, two other logos most people love, or the C for Canucks, which people seem to tolerate for some reason. I suppose you could turn the foot 90 degrees and kind of make an A out of it, but that's kind of vague.

There can't be exceptions.. They're all bad (in those terms) for the same reason.. They may be great logos, and some are, but that doesn't change my opinion at all.. The North Stars logo is somewhat ok because the visual representation of the direction "North" is both the letter N and vertical up arrow, so it gets a pass, but there's a reason that ZERO nfl teams have the initial of their mascot on their helmet, and it's generally the rule in baseball to put city on away and nickname on home.. It just makes it look like stock clipart, like "hey, any team called the 'Blanks' could use this".. The picture defines the nickname, so the letter doesn't need to be redundant and also reference the nickname.. It would be like the dolphins using a dolphin to form a D..

And the Akron A is not an example of the DUCKS' foot turned.. Different logo altogether

I still think they could have done something like this using the last jersey style with more orange and the D.

ducks2_zps9417d56d.png

This is exactly what they should have done. There was no need to change the striping, especially after winning a cup just 7 years prior.

I'd be OK with that as a uniform. Though I still hate the stripes stopping on the sides like that. Horizontal hemstripes would be better.

Also, I've seen several concepts where the Webfoot D is flipped around to look like an A. It doesn't work.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'd be OK with that as a uniform. Though I still hate the stripes stopping on the sides like that. Horizontal hemstripes would be better.

Also, I've seen several concepts where the Webfoot D is flipped around to look like an A. It doesn't work.

As currently constructed, no. The sides are too rounded. If they made it sharper, it might work.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived