Cascadian Football (Final team and wrap-up)

nas1787

Cascadian Football Association - 2023 Season

Fast forwarding 4 years, the league has been stable at 9 teams for 4 seasons. The league is growing in popularity and many of the kinks of a young league have been worked out. The CFA decides the time is right to start expanding.

Everett Goldfinches

By far the gaudiest of the CFA teams, the Goldfinches interpret their team name (the former state's bird) very literally, going a bit overboard with shiny gold applications on their helmets and jerseys, including gold wings on the shoulders a la the Oregon Ducks. The team prefers playing in monochrome black at home, but does occasionally sub in the gold pants.

T3uwtLp.jpg

ORcyvY6.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good rule of thumb for me is the outside border being the darkest color. I'm not familiar with what Goldfinches look like, but I'd make the white black, and the black grey or something. The jerseys look good tho

For the uniforms it works, but i think for presentations on a lighter background you're right.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...

A good rule of thumb for me is the outside border being the darkest color. I'm not familiar with what Goldfinches look like, but I'd make the white black, and the black grey or something. The jerseys look good tho

For the uniforms it works, but i think for presentations on a lighter background you're right.

I generally follow the dark outline rule myself, but given what a goldfinch looks like, this made the most sense. In application it is only ever used on a dark background.

AmericanGoldfinch10.jpg

vJoDE7m.jpg

Canadian Football Association - 2024 Season

Hillsboro Foxhounds

The 11th franchise in the CFA entered in the 2024 season. The Foxhounds were named for the hunting history of the region. I re-worked a logo I've used in previous concepts and went with an updated grey and sand colour scheme.

jMMwQ46.jpg

qp3w4Fg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cascadian Football League - 2018 Season

In 2018 Victoria joined the league, creating a strong rivalry with Vancouver, and the addition of Spokane created the first Interior Rivalry.

Victoria Tyees

Tyees was a name used for a former football club based in Victoria. I liked the uniqueness of the name and decided to resurrect it here. Given the history of the name I went for a really traditional look, but still tried to keep it modern.

3SHq558.jpg

qJQwlbm.jpg

I love the color combination on this team.... Not a clue what a Tyee would be -- the first thing I thought of was a friend of mine with the last name Tyree, but a big, tall, bald ex-cop might not be the greatest logo... ;)

Still, this is just an awesome logo and color comination... You just don't see many fish on football helmets, other than Sharks or the Arena League's old Fighting Pikes...

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Spokane Suns

Spokane is named after the First Nations people of the area, and the word means "children of the sun" in their native language (or so says Wikipedia at least). So for this concept I went with the name Suns and tried to tastefully use some Native imagery in the logos and uniforms. I ended going a little overboard with the pattern, but I still think it looks sharp.

0j4vgSA.jpg

ajmYSeh.jpg

Love this color combination as well, and a nicely designed logo, too... I was thinking something along the lines of the Okanagan Sun of the Canadian Junior Football League...

Portland Breakers - Third Jersey

As promised, the Breakers also introduced a third uniform in 2019, a throwback to their old USFL days and the logos and colours they used then. I based the look very closely on their uniform from 1985, with just a few differences (I tried to bring some consistency to the striping on the jerseys, pants and socks).

JwzsKgN.jpg

I think an interesting route you could've taken was purple with a gold yolk and gold with a purple yolk. All in all, excellent and clean work though.

Interesting idea, though I feel as if they would end up looking very similar, kind of defeating the purpose of two different uniforms. Are you suggesting changing the beige to a more gold colour too? I think I tried to avoid that as I have a few other teams with gold in their look.

I was hoping you would bring in the Portland Breakers wave logo -- to me, this was one of the best USFL helmet/uniform combinations! Excellent!

Cascadian Football Association - 2025 Season

The 10th CFA season saw the introduction of the league's 12th and final franchise in Surrey.

Surrey Princes

Surrey is home to a huge South Asian population, and the club's Indian owners tapped into this when creating the team's identity. I based the look off of traditional Indian wedding garb (including the primary logo) and used a colour palette to match. The secondary logo is meant to evoke a mandala, with footballs hidden within. It is used as a patch on the jerseys a la the Pittsburgh Steelers.

n4Kv9oJ.jpg

D4mX39d.jpg

And as a final series wrap-up, here's all the logos and primary helmets together. Hope you enjoyed!

o5Q8icu.jpg

jFA4mRA.jpg

Very nice. By the end of the 2020's, who do you think would be the dominant team in the league?

Hadn't really thought about it. I guess the Seahawks and Lions would dominate at first, as they had a head start, with other teams improving over time.

Simulations isn't something I've ever really been interested in, but if anyone has the desire to, they are free to give it a go

please add the TRI_CITY RATTLERS

Kennewick,pasco, richland, washington

colors black and gold

black helmets, gold unis black pants

He didn't ask for suggestions. Be respectful of what the creator wants to do in his own series.

And by the way this has been one excellent series! Each team has their own unique styles and palletes, and they work really well of eachother. Congratulations on a very well done series!

Archived