NBA Alternates (Fixing or Adding to all 30 teams)

JJHoser

In this thread I will create an alternate to add or fix for every NBA teams current uniform sets.

To start, I have been watching the finals and cheering for Golden State all through the playoffs and it really bugs me that they don't have a beautiful alternate uniform. I obviously would love for the alternate to be yellow, so I thought about their history and decided to design something that pay homage to their uniforms of the past except using all of the current set's logos and scripts. I also thought it was too boring with just a traditional feel so I tried to incorporate the old uniform's design and style with design ideas of the modern age, hence the Bridge design on the side. So here is what I came up with.

GoldenStateAlternate-Recovered_zpsuth2ie

Here is a link to the uniform inspiration: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/x1luf2wgklgjh4h9emhezhxg9/Golden_State_Warriors/1972/Home_Uniform

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

The thing that bugs me about the home shirt is that there's no blue in the side striping. Granted the stripes run into the Golden Gate bridge on the shorts, but a little blue in there would help a lot.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love the yellow with the old school logo revamp. But I don't think the striping on shorts and shirt are consistent. But other than that, excellent job!

+1

Like that W on the California shape though.

I feel they need a good yellow alternate too, but not sure about this one.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

cool idea with the yellow. I think if you remove the "W" from the chest logo it will look better on a jersey. Don't know if the side design will be consistent with the shorts. cool idea.

I love the yellow with the old school logo revamp. But I don't think the striping on shorts and shirt are consistent. But other than that, excellent job!

I tried making the bridge design flow into the shorts but it took up most of the shorts and just looked like a shotty pinstripe job. Then I decided to just have a seperate design on each short. I don't really feel that the shorts and jersey need to line up in that aspect. But thank you for the feedback guys! :)

2gm6.png

I have been watching the finals and cheering for Golden State all through the playoffs and it really bugs me that they don't have a beautiful alternate uniform. I obviously would love for the alternate to be yellow, so I thought about their history and decided to design something that pay homage to their uniforms of the past except using all of the current set's logos and scripts. I also thought it was too boring with just a traditional feel so I tried to incorporate the old uniform's design and style with design ideas of the modern age, hence the Bridge design on the side. So here is what I came up with.

GoldenStateAlternate-Recovered_zpsuth2ie

Here is a link to the uniform inspiration: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/x1luf2wgklgjh4h9emhezhxg9/Golden_State_Warriors/1972/Home_Uniform

Very nice start! If you're looking for C&C, here's what I would do...

- I'd remove the Warriors because there's already the W. So I think it doesn't need repetition. Either that, or remove something else cause there's too much going on right now.

- Make Golden State bigger

- Make the circle a bit smaller

- Adjust the number postioning. A little lower and a little over to the right a bit more.

- The bridge is okay. But I would add something more too, other than just the bridge lines to be used for the left side panel.

Alright, I have taken some advice and made some tweaks. Here are two versions. The only difference being the white and yellow circle.

GoldenStateAlternate3_zps8dwoicgr.jpg

GoldenStateAlternate2_zpstrtsjkvm.jpg

Also, I am going to be changing this thread to an NBA alternates thread where I will design some kind of alternate jersey (or more than one) for each NBA team in order to give them one or in order to fix their current ones.

2gm6.png

Well since people like to not respond, I am going to move on.

New Orleans:

I haven't been a huge fan of the name pelicans or any of their logo sets. I do however like their wordscript. I love their color scheme. And I think they need to have a gold jersey and I thought they need to incorporate the fleur de lis somehow. So here is my idea.It wouldn't replace the red alternate they already have, it would just enter their rotation as a 4th uniform.

nolaalternate_zpsfuysq6cs.jpg

2gm6.png

That New Orleans one is perfect! The only thing is I think the NOLA wordmark is a tad too big, just shrink a tiny bit. And the number at the back is also a tiny bit too big. Fix those and you've a got a stellar uniform!

Both of these are great concepts, but one thing that bugs me is that the NOB seems really big. A long name would not nearly fit with that size. And for the striping on Golden State, I would keep either the bridge design on the jersey or the bridge design on the shorts, because the don't really fit together. I would keep the short striping, but it's your series. I like the uniform better with the white circle, and no diagonal number. For the most part, these are really good concepts! Good job!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Archived