New York Soccer Association (take 2)

Hey guys so I just finished all the crests/logos/uniforms for this project so I thought I'd share them. I know I already created a NYSA soccer topic but I started all over again. Also know that I am not competing against Jaker52 I'm just posting my work bc whats the point in messing around and designing if your never gonna post it. Here you go guys, hope you enjoy!

NYSA%20Liberty%20Logo-X2.png

I wanted to use a symbol of New York that could be easily recognizable and symbolizes the state of New York... obviously I chose the Statue of Liberty. This logo is on the back bottom of every jersey.

Everything I did with this concept was revolved around the State of New York. For Example, all of the teams sponsors on their jerseys are companies that are based in New York or started in New York (with one exception). Also all of the players are professional players originating from New York.

Heres the first team, the Long Island F.C. I used the wave aspect inside their home uniform and had it wrap from the front all the way to the back. Also these arent goalie jerseys!! They are Long sleeve uniforms!!

NYSA%20-%20Long%20Island%202-XL.jpg

the kits look fine, just a few things

maybe on the wave, make more opaque and maybe make it fade so that there isn't such of a stark difference between the blues

for the league logo try making it so it fits in a patch, so its inside a container and then you can put it on the sleeves, I don't think there is a single soccer league that doesn't have the league logo anywhere else other than the sleeve. Personally I don't like having anything on the back of the jersey other than the player name, number, and maybe the team name (like in the bundesliga), adds like that on the back just look like tramp stamps.

the team logo looks very similar to the new york cosmos logo

Just look to do more, its a fine start, but it needs work

the kits look fine, just a few things

maybe on the wave, make more opaque and maybe make it fade so that there isn't such of a stark difference between the blues

for the league logo try making it so it fits in a patch, so its inside a container and then you can put it on the sleeves, I don't think there is a single soccer league that doesn't have the league logo anywhere else other than the sleeve. Personally I don't like having anything on the back of the jersey other than the player name, number, and maybe the team name (like in the bundesliga), adds like that on the back just look like tramp stamps.

the team logo looks very similar to the new york cosmos logo

Just look to do more, its a fine start, but it needs work

So my idea for the league was for it NOT to be like any professional league in the world, instead it is more like a semi-pro/amateur mens soccer league. That was the reasoning behind the logo on the back and not your typical patch. The New York Cosmos are one of the teams in the league and I totally rebranded their logo so in fact the Long Island F.C. crest will have no connection to the New York Cosmos crest.

Given this is a semi-pro league, I think you're off to a good start. I don't really have an issue with the NYSA logo being on the back, but I might move it up a bit. Not that many people tuck their shirts in anymore, but it does seem a bit low.

I'm also a sucker for double blues, but I would tone down the waves on the home kit. All those blues, then the white jetblue logo on top, kind of gets muddled. At least to my eyes.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Kits look good, but the logo has an odd shape.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Heres the next one, New York Cosmos. Didn't want to change too much from their ultimately classic look.

NYSA%20-%20NY%20Cosmos-XL.jpg

Hey guys so I just finished all the crests/logos/uniforms for this project so I thought I'd share them. I know I already created a NYSA soccer topic but I started all over again. Also know that I am not competing against Jaker52 I'm just posting my work bc whats the point in messing around and designing if your never gonna post it. Here you go guys, hope you enjoy!

NYSA%20Liberty%20Logo-X2.png

I wanted to use a symbol of New York that could be easily recognizable and symbolizes the state of New York... obviously I chose the Statue of Liberty. This logo is on the back bottom of every jersey.

Everything I did with this concept was revolved around the State of New York. For Example, all of the teams sponsors on their jerseys are companies that are based in New York or started in New York (with one exception). Also all of the players are professional players originating from New York.

Heres the first team, the Long Island F.C. I used the wave aspect inside their home uniform and had it wrap from the front all the way to the back. Also these arent goalie jerseys!! They are Long sleeve uniforms!!

NYSA%20-%20Long%20Island%202-XL.jpg

I love them both though I would have stuck with the classic cosmos green

doing well so far, looking forward to the rest.

Some nice shirts here, but you might want to change the player name font to a different font rather than the MLS font.

I'm 90% sure thats not the mls font but it is hard to tell from here, its fine either way.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Some nice shirts here, but you might want to change the player name font to a different font rather than the MLS font.

I'm 90% sure thats not the mls font but it is hard to tell from here, its fine either way.

That's not the mls font

Here is a comparison between the two fonts, looked kinda similar to me, sorry if I am wrong. :(

That's not the mls font

Here is a comparison between the two fonts, looked kinda similar to me, sorry if I am wrong. :(

For the names it is the MLS font not the numbers though

Here's the rest of them. I think they turned out really well!

NYSA%20-%2096%20united-XL.jpg

Very nice look. I would consider getting rid of the apostrophe in front of the 96 though. I understand why it's there, but as a logo I don't believe it's necessary. Without it, I think the logo has nice symmetry.

NYSA%20-%20Mohawk%20Valley%20FC-XL.jpg

Again, another nice look. I do like carrying the crossed diagonals from the crest to the shirt. However, I think the sponsor logo gets lost in the blue. Black on deep blue just doesn't work. On the white kit, I'm not a fan of the different colored Adidas stripes, I think it would look better with blue on both sides.

NYSA%20-%20Queens%20FC-XL.jpg

Another great look with a great crest. However, I would consider throwing in some color on this one or 96 United to differentiate the 2 a bit.

NYSA%20-%20Syracuse%20SC-XL.jpg

Also a nice look and good use of colors the locals would gravitate towards. On the sponsor logo, what about just using the workmark instead of the whole logo? I think that would give you a better look.

On an overall note, I like what you've done but can't help but notice that all of the sets have a white kits. I know that most American sports leagues do this, but I would personally prefer some different color clash kits to add more variety to the league.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived