My Clippers Logo Remake!

R3G

I was really excited when I got this idea, and I got way more excited when I saw how it turned out! Please leave constructive critisism! I will definitely update this as well.

Anyways, as you can obviously tell, I based this idea off of the old Clippers logo, except I added a new fresh taste. I made the font on the logo much more modern, and I kept my favorite "Clippers" cursive wordmark to top it off. I kept the sun from the old logo as a nice touch, and I enterlaced the letters to give it a modern look. Hope you all enjoy!

dfcc8e9999c42c10d55ca034b0fae368.png

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

LAL?

I see that now that you point it out. Any advice on how to make the C look more like a C rather than an L, without completely ruining the design?

signature.png

LAL?

I see that now that you point it out. Any advice on how to make the C look more like a C rather than an L, without completely ruining the design?

try curving the back if IIRC (if i recall correctly) the orginal design you based this on had a curved sail in it

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

LAL?

try curving the back if IIRC (if i recall correctly) the orginal design you based this on had a curved sail in it

No curved lines on the original, however after trying it, it looks much better.

signature.png

c6dba0166d465baf1ac228eb9a06aac8.png

Hopefully this looks better. I made a lot of little changes.

the "C" looks like a "red wave" i like it actually. i also like that you added "Los Angeles" above the "Clippers" wordmark. a change you should make imo is the bottom of the circle shouldnt go through the word but stop above it.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

For continuity sakes, if you're going to have both wordmarks, you should probably remove the white background from Los Angeles so it matches the Clippers.

Preferably, I'd like to see a whole new set of wordmarks that tie in better with this logo; something that balances the logo a little more (LA on top, Clippers on bottom).

I would like to see a wirdmark below the logo similar to that of the logo's, the cursive with the modern logo looks strange to me.

For continuity sakes, if you're going to have both wordmarks, you should probably remove the white background from Los Angeles so it matches the Clippers.

Preferably, I'd like to see a whole new set of wordmarks that tie in better with this logo; something that balances the logo a little more (LA on top, Clippers on bottom).

Thanks for the feedback, my next update was one that was fairly simple, and definitely listed to you guys.

The first thing I did was make the logo stop so that it does not go though the bottom of the Wordmark, making it much less cluttered, then I made every letter smaller and repositioned the C so that LAC is much more Legible. Then I changed the font of the wordmark, and made the "sun" smaller. and moved the entire LAC part of the logo further down so that it centered the circle. Thanks for the feedback guys, and please, keep it coming, I want to make this logo much better!

879ca8a685c9e82186504db364ea8955.png

signature.png

I think that's good, just make the red of the wordmark a bit thicker, so it can be read easily, say it was used as a logo on sports center or on an app. Good work, I'm enjoying it! The c you can go back to the original design and turn the top so it becomes horizontal. Keep the bottom line, the side, but bend it to make a third line across, parallel to the bottom. If that makes any sense. Hopefully it does! Good work so far!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Really good work! It really looks like a Clippers logo. Great way to incorporate the sails.

I liked the original without the curved C much better.

I think it gets the message across, but if you're worried about it looking like a C, you could give it something small like this:

CrA6sBW.png

I think that's good, just make the red of the wordmark a bit thicker, so it can be read easily, say it was used as a logo on sports center or on an app. Good work, I'm enjoying it! The c you can go back to the original design and turn the top so it becomes horizontal. Keep the bottom line, the side, but bend it to make a third line across, parallel to the bottom. If that makes any sense. Hopefully it does! Good work so far!

I did try that with the C when I was trying to fix it earlier, but I'll let you know that the curved version ended up looking much better. I'll try to make the red in the font better though. Thanks!

signature.png

I think El Scorcho is right. The C looks out of place curved.

Also, a less generic/boring font would be nice, as that is what we are trying to fix from what they unveiled. (also thank you for the no black)

tinysig.jpg

Archived