Padres navy/gold concept

Ray Lankford

I whipped these up after the Padres unveiled the 2016 All-Star Game logo, taking my cues from there.

The uniforms are (obviously) blue and yellow with a bit of "battleship" grey and they borrow heavily from the 2004-11 look, just like the ASG logo does. That includes bringing back the old Friar.

C&C is welcomed.

newnew.png

friar.png

This cool! It's like a combination of eras. It would be cool to see a cap with the friar on it. Maybe as a batting practice hat or something.

Agreed. I like this set, but make a cap with the friar on it, like he said.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Very nice set overall. I'm not totally crazy on the pinstripes, but it's a great look regardless. Glad to see the old San Diego script return on the roads, and the blue alt looks clean and classy. I love the use of the Navy's camo, and although I'm not 100% sold on using the same color script here, I can't think of an alternate option. The yellow-brim cap is meh to me, but I wouldn't mind if it was the main hat either - I feel like the two caps are too similar to each other. The script looks weird on the BP jersey, but I can't think of a way to fix that. I also prefer the original BP cap to the friar one since it's hard to see from a distance. All in all though, a really clean set. Nice work, man.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

These look great! One thing that I would do is use the Padres "P" logo. They stopped using it a few years ago but I think it would be cool if they brought it back. I think you should use it on the home cap and maybe the BP one instead of the "SD"

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

Archived