throwing balls back

mac

im watching the cubs cardinals game, and pujols hits a home run and this kid who looks to like 15 or 16 catches and he has a cubs shirt on, everyone is saying throw it back throw it back, but the kid is shaking his head and he keeps the ball. I thought that was against wrigley rules. My question is for any cubs fans or anyone who has been to wrigley, Does that kid get verbally abused for keeping the opposing teams home run ball? and this question is for anybody, Would you keep the ball? I know I wouldnt.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

im watching the cubs cardinals game, and pujols hits a home run and this kid who looks to like 15 or 16 catches and he has a cubs shirt on, everyone is saying throw it back throw it back, but the kid is shaking his head and he keeps the ball. I thought that was against wrigley rules. My question is for any cubs fans or anyone who has been to wrigley, Does that kid get verbally abused for keeping the opposing teams home run ball? and this question is for anybody, Would you keep the ball? I know I wouldnt.

what you do with your balls is something the board doesnt need to know about :P

(come on, SOMEONE had to say it LOL )

but seriously, i have never been to wrigley so i dont know

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Technically, throwing the ball back would be against rules about throwing objects onto the field. This gets, um, overlooked at Wrigley, mind you.

It's an interesting tradition, and I can dig that, but I can also see drunk bleacher bums holding onto the balls and throwing them at the outfielders in the next half-inning--in fact, I'm surprised there haven't been a ton of such incidents.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I went to Wrigley last year. I didn't sit in the bleachers however, I remember seeing the highlights of the game that night and some lady caught the home run ball. Everyone was chanting for her to throw it back, finally same one gave her a "dummy ball that she threw back". It's tradition to throw the ball back however I would bet that most of the balls thrown back are ones people buy just to throw back in case thye get a home run ball.

I wouldn't think it was big deal. The fans at Wrigley seemed real nice.

they don't do that crap at Wrigley, only at Rangers games :hockeysmiley:

oh, you meant throwing it back...there's a trick to this that i heard about a while back. some do keep the ball and the one they throw back is one they brought to the stadium,(mentioned by jkr) likely in a bag, coercin the wife/gf to come with ya and hide your stash of balls in her ginormous purse, or something like that. the real one, they then do whatever with it. i'd throw it back, but then i'm biased :D and mad Beltran figured it was a good day to give freebies :cursing: among other things happening in teh last two days. i mean, plop, there was Zambrano vs Edmonds last night, then the blowing of a lead that should never be blown + Pujols the Cards in a position to win, and the eventual win=i'm stewin and the Cubs should be too. entertaining series, but it woulda been nice to win both of those games, now we're 10 back :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

We know of some people who keep the home run balls, then fake everyone out by tossing a different baseball back onto the field.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

they don't do that crap at Wrigley, only at Rangers games :hockeysmiley:

oh, you meant throwing it back...there's a trick to this that i heard about a while back. some do keep the ball and the one they throw back is one they brought to the stadium,(mentioned by jkr) likely in a bag, coercin the wife/gf to come with ya and hide your stash of balls in her ginormous purse, or something like that. the real one, they then do whatever with it. i'd throw it back, but then i'm biased :D and mad Beltran figured it was a good day to give freebies :cursing: among other things happening in teh last two days. i mean, plop, there was Zambrano vs Edmonds last night, then the blowing of a lead that should never be blown + Pujols the Cards in a position to win, and the eventual win=i'm stewin and the Cubs should be too. entertaining series, but it woulda been nice to win both of those games, now we're 10 back :evil:

I on the other hand loved the series! Zambrono was pretty low there. I'm all for hitting a guy that is cocky, but he was doing it for being hit in the first. Then Zambrano struck him out and started pointing at him. So in my view, done deal. Everything's equal. But then he hit him again, and don't give me this crap it wasn't intentional the second time. Oh well, I'm just glad cooler heads prevailed on both sides and at worse, Zambrano will be the only one fined/suspended.

today's game, had to watch on MLB.com. We were all huddled around the computer, watching the strikes and balls into the box. It was like worse than old time radio baseball. I've watched far too many games like that unfortunatly.

But wow, what a comeback. Sorry discrim :)

today's game, had to watch on MLB.com.  We were all huddled around the computer, watching the strikes and balls into the box.  It was like worse than old time radio baseball.  I've watched far too many games like that unfortunatly. 

But wow, what a comeback.  Sorry discrim :)

I've done that quite a few times during the school year because my study hall was at 2:00, perfect time for day games, It made me really mad that the cubs blew the lead, the reds won today and were finally gonna gain some ground, but the damn cardinals are just so stinking hot right now, at least we got closer in the wild card

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I thought the series was great, too, though I only got to watch half a game.

Reading about yesterday...stupid Zambrano...glad the Cards took it with class and did their damage by winning...

Today, I had to leave after the 4th or something when it was 8-2. If anyone knows me, I NEVER give up. So, I went to work, with the very possible expectation that they would comeback. In fact, I put my hat in my truck, cuz I was expecting to wear it to celebrate victory when I drove home. I work in a grocery store, and I was taking some damaged stuff back when I heard the game on the radio back in the warehouse part. It was the 9th I think, and I heard it was tied. I was quite happy. I proceeded to sneak back there quite a few times, including hearing Pujols 3rd homer. I was really happy when I finally figured out they had for sure won.

As for throwing the ball back...that is so something a Cubs fan WOULD do...just kidding...kinda...

But then he hit him again, and don't give me this crap it wasn't intentional the second time. Oh well, I'm just glad cooler heads prevailed on both sides and at worse, Zambrano will be the only one fined/suspended.

don't worry, no crap from me. everybody there, and everybody watching knew it was intentional. z's young but aint no excuse.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived