Nike Forced to Manufacture Signature adidas Design Element

ForwardProgress

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WSU151, on 09 Jan 2016 - 19:35, said:
ForwardProgress, on 08 Jan 2016 - 16:28, said:
adidas' three stripes are always the same color on the product they appear on, hence the reason why they didn't sue the Patriots for having red / blue / red stripes on their white throwback socks or on the original uniforms the throwbacks represented.

Whoops. Try again, boss.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:207101/sku:5130121/adidas-team-speed-traxion-crew-socks/black/red/?cm=

Logos on the front of socks is the worst. Please stop it.

adidas' three stripes are always the same color on the product they appear on, hence the reason why they didn't sue the Patriots for having red / blue / red stripes on their white throwback socks or on the original uniforms the throwbacks represented.

Whoops. Try again, boss.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:207101/sku:5130121/adidas-team-speed-traxion-crew-socks/black/red/?cm=

How long did it take for you to find those, boss?

Seriously, I want to know, boss. Be honest, boss.

How long did you scour the internet just to prove me wrong, boss?

Because that is the first time I have ever seen the three stripes be different colors, and those socks look like a very new product, "new" as in first appeared in 2015 or 2016, boss.

Show me some adidas branded products with three stripes that aren't the same color from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's. Good luck because I doubt they exist, boss.

It seriously took me 5 seconds, boss.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Adidas must have been laughing hardcore in the 80s when the Sabres wore these socks...whoever made these socks (CCM, pre-acquisition??) must have been like "OITGDNHL do we give free advertising to adidas."

13092112105359.jpg

Funny, I did not find any stories about adidas suing the Buffalo Sabres, despite the team wearing the trademarked three stripes on the socks.

I whole-heartedly encourage ForwardProgress to actually do some real academic research on how trademark law works. Or, at the very least, do a Google image search for "Three striped tube socks" and just take a glance at how common three stripes are, and the three-striped sock really isn't a signature design element for adidas. Again...as everyone as been trying to tell you...it's just a generic sock pattern.

Like I'm going to waste my time and do "real academic research" just to settle an internet debate?

If this was my Masters Thesis, yeah, I would do that, but honestly I have better things to do.

Anyway I already admitted that adidas doesn't own three horizontally parallel stripes of equal thickness on athletic socks, sports uniforms, or athletic apparel. But what no one else has explained is why the big name sports clothing companies have NEVER made and sold to the public socks with three stripes on them. If you can show me pictures of socks with three stripes on them that were made by Nike, Puma, Converse, or Reebok (before adidas bought them) that were sold in stores to the public, than I rest my case. (K-Mart, Sears, and department store brands don't count).

And those Sabres socks: don't two sets of three stripes basically make them socks with six stripes and not three, basically making them not relevant to the subject we are discussing?

One set of three stripes is an adidas trademark, according to your own hack knowledge, boss. Adidas would have been all over that if they actually cared. Hell, if the Patriots were wearing two sets of three stripes on socks you'd still act like it's ridiculous advertising for adidas. For some reason you're obsessed with the Patriots socks, but you don't give a f*** about other teams that wear three stripes.

Check out these shirts...are these not adidas shirts because they have multiple sets of three stripes? If not, why are they being advertised as adidas shirts? False advertising? Should we sue, boss? Should adidas sue?

http://www.carlsgolfland.com/adidas-puremotion-heather-3-stripes-polo-golf-shirt-closeouts

http://www.carlsgolfland.com/adidas-womens-puremotion-merch-stripe-golf-shirt-on-sale (are those three stripes different colors? must be fake adidas, amiright?)

It's quite obvious you have no idea what trademark law is, how it can be applied, or the actual trademark rights adidas owns when it comes to three stripes. Go find some other message board that thinks you're as brilliant as you think you are.

If you're not going to waste your time doing actual research, then quit wasting everyone else's time with these lame ass posts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Whoops. Try again, boss.

How long did it take for you to find those, boss?

Seriously, I want to know, boss. Be honest, boss.

How long did you scour the internet just to prove me wrong, boss?

Because that is the first time I have ever seen the three stripes be different colors, and those socks look like a very new product, "new" as in first appeared in 2015 or 2016, boss.

Show me some adidas branded products with three stripes that aren't the same color from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's. Good luck because I doubt they exist, boss.

jEfTa48.jpgXQicbIn.jpgQWIzmDB.jpg

Archived