Earth Hockey League

JLNHLSEGAFAN

6 hours ago, Jj... said:

this thread = soap opera

i just can't believe OP made 20 of these concepts lmaoo

HE MADE SIXTEEN OF THEM GOSH DARNIT IF YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THE TIME TO CRITICIZE SOMEONE DO IT RIGHT

ALL OF THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ARE REALLY STARTING TO TICK ME OFF GOSH DARNIT

B) 

spacer.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

HE MADE SIXTEEN OF THEM GOSH DARNIT IF YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THE TIME TO CRITICIZE SOMEONE DO IT RIGHT

B) 

Please. You're scaring the children.

As far as criticism goes, I have some. I apologize if I come across as rude now but I'm going to be honest here.

The fonts aren't good. Conrad makes amazing fonts for all to use. Check it out in the Concept Resorces thread (it's pinned).

The logos aren't logos. I appreciate the effort but it doesn't work. The example of the Sonic head is great. Utilize that and the correct colours, and I think that would look sharp.

The uniform designs aren't great. Some are better than others, but some are random and the colours don't blend together.

The execution. Loose pixels, empty space everywhere. There are many good templates around, I can even provide some if you need me to.

Take the critism, even if it's rude. Those people will come to. Don't be rude back to them. Trust me, I've been roasted and called out before too. I had some crappy designs that I thought were good, and I paid the price. I left the boards for awhile and now I'm back, with refined skills, and my designs are praised and people help me to be better. Look at my NHL by Adidas thread, my Sens concept received negative feedback, but those people aren't being rude or mean. They're being honest. I appreciate that. If the concept sucks, it sucks. Tell me. Just being rude right back will only aggravate the situation. 

1 hour ago, timberwolf said:

As far as criticism goes, I have some. I apologize if I come across as rude now but I'm going to be honest here.

The fonts aren't good. Conrad makes amazing fonts for all to use. Check it out in the Concept Resorces thread (it's pinned).

The logos aren't logos. I appreciate the effort but it doesn't work. The example of the Sonic head is great. Utilize that and the correct colours, and I think that would look sharp.

The uniform designs aren't great. Some are better than others, but some are random and the colours don't blend together.

The execution. Loose pixels, empty space everywhere. There are many good templates around, I can even provide some if you need me to.

Take the critism, even if it's rude. Those people will come to. Don't be rude back to them. Trust me, I've been roasted and called out before too. I had some crappy designs that I thought were good, and I paid the price. I left the boards for awhile and now I'm back, with refined skills, and my designs are praised and people help me to be better. Look at my NHL by Adidas thread, my Sens concept received negative feedback, but those people aren't being rude or mean. They're being honest. I appreciate that. If the concept sucks, it sucks. Tell me. Just being rude right back will only aggravate the situation. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

5 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Well said. 

And yeah, the sarcasm may have been a little much :P 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

B) 

You said right there, mate.

Just now, JLNHLSEGAFAN said:

5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

And yeah, the sarcasm may have been a little much :P 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, JLNHLSEGAFAN said:

You know you don't want disrespectful comments about your work, but you go ahead and disrespect our constructive criticism ignoring it and calling it hateful...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Now we know not to post on any of his concepts in the future. I give up. This guy doesn't deserve our feedback. BTW, before I leave, message to JLNHLSEGAFAN, I'm the same age as you. So that's no excuse. (Hopefully not) see you later! (cue dramatic exit)

22 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Now we know not to post on any of his concepts in the future. I give up. This guy doesn't deserve our feedback. BTW, before I leave, message to JLNHLSEGAFAN, I'm the same age as you. So that's no excuse. (Hopefully not) see you later! (cue dramatic exit)

image.gif.b0643af53a85e85c7250ba2d8ce7d7

spacer.png

22 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Not at all trying to sound mean or rude here, although I do realize there is a fair chance somebody will take it that way. First, I will reiterate that negative feedback is not "bad" feedback. To the OP, if you look around these boards, which I again think you should do a bit more, you will realize that the vast majority of threads here do not receive as much negative comments as this one. This doesn't make you or your concepts inherently bad, but there is a lot that can be improved on. The negative comments are from people who both can and want (at least originally) to help you improve. For example, the very fact that you had to tell us what the name and number on Madrid were means that the font doesn't work. Looking at the second set of concepts, I do see some interesting ideas, however, I say again, TAKE IT SLOW. If there is a computer you can use, use it. Use MS Paint or download a free program such as Inkscape. It's what I use. Learn the program, whichever one you use, and make sure the execution meets the standards of the idea. As for fonts, I'd suggest starting with Conrad's thread. Again, we're all here to help you. Look around these boards. Look at (most) professional leagues. I think that will help you most of all. For example, the Reds. Not a bad design overall. Striping suits the city. However, no red. Reds should be red. Make it red. Also, work on execution. That might improve a bit if you use a better program, such as Inkscape or even MS Paint, but you'll still have to work at it. Best of luck, hope you decide to listen to us!

I think that's because the skin of Knuckles IS red.

On March 6, 2016 at 11:22 PM, RedfieldNick said:

To be honest I feel the designs are decent, but they still need to be cleaned up, not just the original, and I think you should go with simpler number fonts, there are some that are way too gaudy and over the top

Also, Athens wordmark should be Αθήνα Κροκόδειλοι, which, when put in English, is Athína Krokódeiloi, which is the real way to say it in Greece, while Moscow needs to be Москва Камуфляж, which is pronounced Moskva Kamuflyzah, the literal translation in Russian. Not being nitpicky, but if you're going to translate to a language, I would strongly suggest changing it to how it is actually said in the language.

Try looking at the font he used for the Madrid Psychos.

8 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

Man I wish I could get this many responses to my concepts. :(

Well, you make some concepts that no one has to say anything about because they are really great.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

8 hours ago, CrossDeblaze said:

Great work man! All I would say is try to make the characters blend in a little more, maybe use the icons from the Mario and Sonic games?

20 bucks says this is a dupe account of the OP as an excuse for him to make more of these concepts

spacer.png

Archived