NY Islanders - concept

The NHL does not allow teams to where a colored helmet with their white jerseys. It would be confusing on TV.

I like these, but until the Isles fix there joke of a logo, I don't think that I'll ever be able to truly dig on a concept that uses it. Obviously not your fault, it's just such a bad logo IMO.

The NHL does not allow teams to where a colored helmet with their white jerseys. It would be confusing on TV.

I like these, but until the Isles fix there joke of a logo, I don't think that I'll ever be able to truly dig on a concept that uses it. Obviously not your fault, it's just such a bad logo IMO.

about the helmet - its just a concept.

and at least its not that ghastly fisherman logo...made em look like a minor leage team - especcially with those wavy teal stripes they used to have oh those unis.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

I don't understand the hatred for the fisherman logo.

And while their current logo does not make them look 'minor league-ish', I can find atleast 5 teams in my friends' little brothers pee wee hockey league that have a better logo.

IUe6Hvh.png

i hated the fisherman logo and the disaster of a jersey.

thankfully they went back to there old logo and unis with modernization mods.

while i do think they could use a new logo, its better than the disaster of a mess they had for a couple of years.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

They're a little bland, but I still like them.

And I think that logo is a good one--I've always liked it, and never liked the Fisherman--made me think of fish sticks, not hockey.

As for the lighthouse logo--I have nothing against a lighthouse, but that logo they had was too "Swirly"--it didn't look solid, like a lighthouse should...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

the fisherman ruled! and so did the lighthouse. the only thing wrong with the fisherman jersey was the stripping. take the fisherman jersey, straighten up the stripping, and u have one nice jersey set. but no. the islanders had to ditch 2 perfectly good logos and revert back to the 2nd worst logo in the nhl.

the fisherman ruled! and so did the lighthouse. the only thing wrong with the fisherman jersey was the stripping. take the fisherman jersey, straighten up the stripping, and u have one nice jersey set. but no. the islanders had to ditch 2 perfectly good logos and revert back to the 2nd worst logo in the nhl.

i dont see why people hate the island logo - fans can look at the logo and instantly remember those glory days of the early 1980's and their Stanley Cup runs.

i didnt HATE the fisherman logo, but like you said - coupled with those HORRID wavy stripes (with TEAL no less) added to the dislike of those designs.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

You know, there is nothing wrong with the current Islanders logo! It's beautifully imperfect, and I'd take it any day over the cartoonish, minor league logos many of you guys seem to love. And yes, that includes the fisherman monstrosity and that stupid, dull lighthouse logo.

i dont see why people hate the island logo - fans can look at the logo and instantly remember those glory days of the early 1980's and their Stanley Cup runs.

i didnt HATE the fisherman logo, but like you said - coupled with those HORRID wavy stripes (with TEAL no less) added to the dislike of those designs.

~k

Hey I remembe the island logo from when they would have been the worst team, if it wasn't for the Caps...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived