Favorite Sports TV Graphics

Afrobandito

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Came here to post NBA on NBC, but a little further down the timeline:

9-knicks-heat-1999-biggest-nba-playoff-u

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Simple, sharp, classy, and synonymous with big-game basketball. Whole lotta nostalgia, too.

I miss those days so much.  Walton and Marv Albert were the best when they were on together.

6 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I really enjoy the Fox Sports Hockey graphics, especially since they show the SOG total. That's a pretty big stat in the game, while and NBC(SN) looks just as good, they don't include the SOG total.

I'd rather have a full shot counter that tallies on goal, blocked, and missed but only comes up from time to time than a permanent counter that only displays shots on goal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I miss those days so much.  Walton and Marv Albert were the best when they were on together.

As do I! Truth be told, the last time I was ever really really into basketball was when NBC would air it. Not that they're the only reason I ever watched - I prefer the NBA of that era over today's altogether anyways - but NBC was much, much better than anything since in my personal opinion. Both in coverage (Walton and Albert still are my "essential" big-time basketball duo) and in graphics/presentation.

It's weird, I associated NBC so much with playoff/big-game basketball when I was younger that even still, watching them on any other channel today just doesn't feel right. Like, it doesn't seem as big a deal as it should because the NBC logo and graphics aren't anywhere on the screen. They'll just always be the big-time channel to me I guess.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

23 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Came here to post NBA on NBC, but a little further down the timeline:

9-knicks-heat-1999-biggest-nba-playoff-u

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Simple, sharp, classy, and synonymous with big-game basketball. Whole lotta nostalgia, too.

Agreed with NBA on NBC, but I especially love the fonts for both the Knicks/Heat games...I swear its a wide variant of the number font primarily used on highways (at least in the United States):

IMAG0693.jpg

220px-Signage_indicating_a_terminus_of_C

bigstock-Interstate--East-Road-Sign-4971

Side note: Colorado's state highway sign is one of the best in the nation, but that's for another topic.

Even though the LA market didn't have the channel (the Bay Area, Chicago, and South Florida did though), the graphics from SportsChannel right before the switch to Fox Sports was some of my favorites.  Too bad I can't find a screenshot...

image.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

12 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

As do I! Truth be told, the last time I was ever really really into basketball was when NBC would air it. Not that they're the only reason I ever watched - I prefer the NBA of that era over today's altogether anyways - but NBC was much, much better than anything since in my personal opinion. Both in coverage (Walton and Albert still are my "essential" big-time basketball duo) and in graphics/presentation.

It's weird, I associated NBC so much with playoff/big-game basketball when I was younger that even still, watching them on any other channel today just doesn't feel right. Like, it doesn't seem as big a deal as it should because the NBC logo and graphics aren't anywhere on the screen. They'll just always be the big-time channel to me I guess.

I personally think TNT currently has the NBA coverage by a wide margin. I wish they would get the rights to the NBA Finals and not this ESPN on ABC crap we got now. I liked NBC but I would always forget it was on for some reason. I really got into basketball as a kid around 2000 and by then the ratings for NBC were getting weird.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived