Australian Ice Hockey League REBRAND- Canberra Braves

Spanna65

Thought I'd share my ideas for a rebrand of an Austraian Ice Hockey League team, the Adelaide Adrenaline.

There current logo is REALLY dated, its definitely seen better days.There's been at good 15 years since it looked classy. I kept the original double "A" monogram, and took the shape of the chemical symbol for Adrenaline  and used it is a backing. I added a faint heart beat in the background, which can also be seen on the uniforms as striping.

The uniforms are a bit experimental. For example the striping, but I believe it works perfectly for a team like the Adrenaline. Plus, the coastline of the Adelaide's coastline looks alot like the "heartbeat" design I've used, so that's a nice double meaning.  For colours- I decided to scrap the royal blue seen on Adelaide's current unis for a darker, more menacing and excitable blue.

BEFORE

39662_aa%20logo.JPG

After

adrenaline.png

Original in Spoiler

Spoiler

adrenaline.png

Might do other AIHL clubs if this is popular. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

I love that logo and the unis are prime, but can I make a suggestion.

Change that hem stripe. I don't look at that and think "adrenaline", I look at that and see someone flatlining. Throw in another couple of peaks.

49 minutes ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I love that logo and the unis are prime, but can I make a suggestion.

Change that hem stripe. I don't look at that and think "adrenaline", I look at that and see someone flatlining. Throw in another couple of peaks.

Thanks for the feedback, must agree with your thoughts.

I've done an updated version with your suggestion in mind, located in the O.P.

3 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Love the idea and I'm up for seeing more. Found out about 6 months ago that the Aussies even had a pro hockey league. 

Appreciate your interest, Im working on the Newcastle North Stars at the moment.

The league itself isn't so much a professional landscape... I'd probably say semi-professional at best haha. But in a country that harbours mostly the opposite of snowy winters and frozen lakes, it's a great effort that's for sure. I know what you meant though.

Newcastle North Stars on the drawing board this time. Really, the whole set needed a simplification, as the logo is pretty raw and the unis are covered in sponsorship.

Did something similar to what the Minnesota North Stars had originally in the logo department, except I cut the N into a sort of stencil design, so there would be sort of a hockey stick shape in there. 

As for the unis, I stayed traditional, only slightly modifying the pre-existing striping.

BEFORE

north-stars-2013-logo-white-550w.jpgStars-v-Ice-001-e1362533269395.jpg

AFTER

northstarsg.png

ORIGINAL

Spoiler

northstarsg.png

Let me know your thoughts. As always, C&C is appreciated.

Really nice, I like the retro feel... the only thng I'd change are the collar strings to white.

Following this thread for sure!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

I love this. AIHL is where I get my fix in the off-season. The ream I support (Perth) is one of the ones with the least need for an update. Looking forward to more!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I love this. AIHL is where I get my fix in the off-season. The ream I support (Perth) is one of the ones with the least need for an update. Looking forward to more!

Quite right you are.

I made little to no amendments to the Thunder Logo, only changing the white in the logo to "cloud grey". This was because the Thunders' colors are similar to a few of the other teams in the AiHL, and I felt that the grey suited them anyway.

The unis also didn't need much attention. I added a new grey alternate, and slightly modified the striping, adding some slightly cheesy thunderbolts to the pants also. 

thunderall.png

C&C appreciated.

14 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Newcastle is Amazing, I really like the logo.

For the laces, I second. The white would make give the collar more contrast.

13 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Really nice, I like the retro feel... the only thng I'd change are the collar strings to white.

Following this thread for sure!

Edited in the original post.

I really like the color change. Only one recommendation. It isn't as pronounced on the red, but the center of the logo should probably be filled in white. The grey is muddling up the outer part of the bolt. Changing the lettering on the logo would help it stand out more, too. Other than that, I think they're perfect.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

That is definitely an improvement, thoufh I feel like the roundel's lettering is still a bit muted. If you made that white, I think you'd have it just about perfect.

Even if not, this is still a great jersey and (for me, at least) a great series! I know they usually don't get as much love as NHL conceptual series, but I'm a big fan of the "small, foreign" threads.

6 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

That is definitely an improvement, thoufh I feel like the roundel's lettering is still a bit muted. If you made that white, I think you'd have it just about perfect.

Even if not, this is still a great jersey and (for me, at least) a great series! I know they usually don't get as much love as NHL conceptual series, but I'm a big fan of the "small, foreign" threads.

Cheers mate, really appreciate your support. As for Perth's font- I was looking at changing it, but I couldn't really find anything suitable.

Anyway, I'm working on the Sydney Ice Dogs right now, hopefully they'll be ready later today.

Back onto another team in need of a refresh- the Sydney Ice Dogs.

Looked to keep the existing colours- I like that they're a bit different. Went for a complete overhaulof the logo though, going for a more ferocious, rottweiler type dog.

Let me know your thoughts and also your thoughts on who I should do next in this series- Melbourne Ice or Canberra Brave?

Before

gal-land-1D3_8515.jpg?rand=1378255967853

Sydney_Ice_Dogs_Logo.png

AFTER

sydneyicedogsjersey2.png

Original

Spoiler

sydneyicedogsjersey.png

22 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I like the uniforms, very sharks-like. However, the logo throws me off, especially the mouth. Overall, good set. 

I'm going to look at revising the logo. Thanks for your feedback.

Archived