kerlonmoura

MLS Redesign (8/21, Inter Miami added)

Recommended Posts

The next team is Toronto FC:

 

Toronto FC Home copy.png

 

Toronto FC Away copy.png

 

On the home jersey, I used streaks to represent Toronto's vibrant culture, as well as a faint maple leaf in the center to represent Canada.

 

The away jersey is a throwback to the jerseys worn by the Toronto Blizzard. I've also added a blizzard effect to the sleeves and the top part of the chest to add a unique touch to the jersey. 

 

I hope you guys like them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2016 at 6:03 PM, pollard7545 said:

Great work!! Can you do the goalkeeper kits too?

 

Thanks, glad you're liking the kits. I am not too sure about making goalkeeper kits; because most of the time they are just recolored versions of the same template as there is only a single manufacturer doing the kits.

 

Up next is Sporting Kansas City:

 

Sporting KC Home copy.png

 

Sporting KC Away copy.png

 

The home jersey is relatively simple, featuring the KS-MO state line which I think is a really unique idea to implement on a jersey.

 

The away jersey draws inspiration from Kansas City's nickname, "The Heart of America". Arteries and veins are extended from the logo on the left side of the chest to the other parts of the jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are LA Galaxy's jerseys:

 

LA Galaxy Home copy.png

 

LA Galaxy Away copy.png

 

On the jerseys, I used two different applications of the zig-zag pattern on the Los Angeles city flag. I tried to give the away jersey a 90s feel as the leaked Germany jersey suggests that Adidas might be giving clubs 90s inspired designs for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love what you've done with the Galaxy!  The flag of LA zigzag pattern is a great and funky twist on the traditional sash look!  The clash looks incredible as well (love the inspiration too!), but if I may offer my two cents, there's a chance for something better here.  If you're basing this off of the idea that Adidas is giving teams 90s-based patterns, why not go to an actual jersey that the Galaxy wore in the 90s?  Like their inaugural kit with the zigzag halves and sleeves (pic here: http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/22-los-angeles-galaxy-1996-worst-soccer-uniforms-all-time-worst-football-kits-all-time.jpg)?  I think that if you throw a pattern like that as a sublimation effect on the modern blue-and-yellow clash kit, it'd look just as wild and 90's as the one you made and have team history!  I won't be upset if you keep the current look either, though - that's still super funky fresh and 90's!  Great work all around!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that SKC's home should have light blue shorts, and LA looks good but I would add some yellow into the sash on the Home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyingLamprey said:

I love what you've done with the Galaxy!  The flag of LA zigzag pattern is a great and funky twist on the traditional sash look!  The clash looks incredible as well (love the inspiration too!), but if I may offer my two cents, there's a chance for something better here.  If you're basing this off of the idea that Adidas is giving teams 90s-based patterns, why not go to an actual jersey that the Galaxy wore in the 90s?  Like their inaugural kit with the zigzag halves and sleeves (pic here: http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/22-los-angeles-galaxy-1996-worst-soccer-uniforms-all-time-worst-football-kits-all-time.jpg)?  I think that if you throw a pattern like that as a sublimation effect on the modern blue-and-yellow clash kit, it'd look just as wild and 90's as the one you made and have team history!  I won't be upset if you keep the current look either, though - that's still super funky fresh and 90's!  Great work all around!

 

 

Thanks for the comment; that idea sounds nice, I will be trying it later on. :)

 

2 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

I think that SKC's home should have light blue shorts, and LA looks good but I would add some yellow into the sash on the Home.

 

Here's the SKC jersey, I will be posting LA Galaxy later with @FlyingLamprey's suggestion:

 

Sporting KC Home copy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks much better in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, kerlonmoura said:

 

Thanks for the comment; that idea sounds nice, I will be trying it later on. :)

 

 

Here's the SKC jersey, I will be posting LA Galaxy later with @FlyingLamprey's suggestion:

 

Sporting KC Home copy.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Looks much better in my opinion.

 

I agree...and it helps distinguish them from NYC. Excellent job...love the series! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a one month break, I'm back with some more designs. Here are the jerseys for the Portland Timbers:

 

Portland Timbers Home copy.png

 

Portland Timbers Away copy1.png

 

For both jerseys, I was inspired by Portland's nickname, the City of Roses. Therefore, I decided to do two different applications of the thorn pattern: in the home jersey the thorns form pinstripes, while on the away jersey I tried to reference the name of the club by mimicking lumberjacks' shirts (I hope it doesn't look that much of a cliche) while using the thorn pattern at the same time (similar to this season's away jersey).

 

I hope you like them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are really nice designs for the Timbers. Is there a reason the pattern is darker on the sleeves and collar of the red kit? I feel like it would look a bit cleaner if it was consistent across the entire shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Those are really nice designs for the Timbers. Is there a reason the pattern is darker on the sleeves and collar of the red kit? I feel like it would look a bit cleaner if it was consistent across the entire shirt.

 

I originally did it that way, but thought the shirt became too complicated, so I then decided to tone it down on the body of the shirt.

 

Here is the pattern consistent across the entire shirt:

 

Portland Timbers Away copy.png

 

Here is the pattern consistent across the entire shirt, but toned down:

 

Portland Timbers Away copy1.png

 

 

Please let me know which one you think looks better :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I like the first one (for a jersey) cause it kinda looks like stripes from afar. But the second one makes for a great flannel shirt. You should look into designing clothes as well, I'd buy it...it's getting cold in NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto looks great...(no matter how much I don't want to admit anything positive about them right now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As some MLS teams are starting to reveal their jerseys, I decided to do some more concepts to try and finish up the series before the jerseys are revealed.

 

Here's the Philadelphia Union:

 

Philadelphia Union Home.png

 

Philadelphia Union Away copy.png

 

For the home jersey, I decided to imitate the stripes of a rattlesnake (which is on the club crest) using the center stripe design of the club.

 

For the away jersey I went for a simpler look using a polo collar and a pattern with the rattlesnake featured in the crest.

 

Not too sure about the execution of these jerseys, but I hope you like them!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.