ldconcepts' NHL De-Edge (Winnipeg added 10/24)

ldconcepts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this is very nice. Its sad the current NHL minds prefer faux retro conservative à la Carolina and TB

My favs, Cal, Edm, Col, Kings.

My eyes are seeing something maybe off in FLA, NYI and MTL.

The MTL case will always be a ruff one to do concepts. 

Congrats

Thanks everyone!

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Philadelphia%20Flyers_z

Unlike Flyers jerseys of the past, I emphasized black over white on the orange jersey, like the logo. On the shoulders, I mimicked the classic P with four wings. Matching stripes are on the hems and arms, but I limited myself to two to make sure the look isn't too busy. To match the logo on the away, I kept the wings black, but added some colour blocks, inspired by the Flyers anniversary jersey. I didn't put any coloured nameplates, but an orange block on the white jersey gives off a name bar feel.

I was originally uninspired, but I really like how this turned out. This is one of my favourite concepts of the series, not to be usurped by tomorrow's concept, which I think will be very well received by Pens fans...

C&C Appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 hour ago, Rollins Man said:

not a fan of the orange box around the name on the white jersey. the orange jersey looks nice.

I agree... But I like the sleeves on the white jersey though, which in turn makes the Orange jersey's sleeves look a little bare...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Pittsburgh%20Penguins_z

Like most of you, I'm very satisfied with the Pens' return to classic colours this year. I also like the jerseys, but I feel Pittsburgh's one of those teams that could get away with an edgy design. I applied the current design to the triangle stripes of the early 2000s, and I'm loving the results.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

16 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20Pittsburgh%20Penguins_z

Like most of you, I'm very satisfied with the Pens' return to classic colours this year. I also like the jerseys, but I feel Pittsburgh's one of those teams that could get away with an edgy design. I applied the current design to the triangle stripes of the early 2000s, and I'm loving the results.

C&C Appreciated!

God these are fantastic. I loved the pre edge, crosby rookie era jerseys. Updated with the pgh gold makes them even better. Great work!!

YlBtmqi.png

u5q9BNK.png

FtgwEoa.png

The Senators and Penguins look amazing! I'd use the Sens' custom number font and the Robo-Penguin crest respectively, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

For the Flyers, I like how you worked references to the logo into the striping. It's an idea I've tinkered with in my own Flyers concepts, albeit in different ways than yours. Overall, it's good, but the white sweater looks awkward. You should get rid of the orange boxes underneath the yoke - they just look awkward.

Looking back at some of your earlier concepts, I love your purple-and-gold take on the Kings. It's a HUGE upgrade over what they wear now. Your Habs concept is fantastic, too. If they ever announced that they were changing their uniforms, that might be the one look they could switch to without pissing off their fanbase.

Overall, great series so far - keep up the good work.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

SAN JOSE SHARKS

NHL%20De-Edge-%20San%20Jose%20Sharks_zps

I don't think the Sharks have had a bad jersey or logo. My ideal look for them would either be a mix of both of their Edge sets, or their original with updated logos. For the purposes of this series, I used one of their new secondaries, which seems to be what their primary will look like under the reign of Adidas. For their striping, I lowered an edited version of the Edge striping with added grey to the cuffs and hems. I also gave the fonts and collars the current treatment. Very simple look, but I like it. (For the record, I'm partial to both of San Jose's colour schemes).

Nyzv9xS.png

ST LOUIS BLUES

NHL%20De-Edge-%20St.%20Louis%20Blues_zps

This was done at the beginning of the series, so some proportions may be a little off, but this is another one of my favourites anyhow. I eliminated navy from their colour scheme, in place of a clean blue-yellow-white. the design mixes many designs in their history. I took their angled pre-Edge jersies, and used their original patterns, taken from the hems, and yoke, respectively. I also altered the logo's outlining to match the design, as well as the numbers. A vintage, round collar tops everything off. It all comes together for a clean, unified look.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived