Sportslogos in TV, movies, and more

Ark

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2016 at 6:54 PM, Gothamite said:

No pic, but Tea Leoni wears a Sabres cap in You Kill Me, which is partially set in Buffalo. 

It's unfair to mention Tea Leoni without posting a picture . . . even if the picture has nothing to do with the post.  I have taken the liberty of correcting this oversight.

a5ba52f8cf3393ad0375485d113698df.jpg

10 hours ago, McTuna said:

There are a few Boston sports references in Good Will Hunting

Image result for good will hunting red sox

Is there any particular reason why the Bruins and NHL logos are blacked out on Ben Affleck's jacket?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

That 70's Show: In almost every basement scene, you'll notice that classic Packers helmet

361_252071.jpg

Also, there's an episode where Eric (Topher Grace) wore a Bears jersey.

hqdefault.jpg

Funny - the Starr jersey in the foreground passes for 1970s, but that's clearly a modern jersey on the extra in the background (if the Reebok logo wasn't enough, numbers were moved from the sleeves to the shoulders in 1984).

All the fans wearing green and gold, not to mention jerseys, was itself pretty inaccurate; merchandising wasn't a thing in the 1970s, so people wore their regular outdoor clothes to the games, as seen in these photos from 1979 and 1983:

39193361-mjs_badpack_1.jpg

playoffs1983s.jpg

Then again, Packers gear has become "their regular outdoor clothes" since then, so maybe nothing's changed on that score.  

You would also have seen a lot of blaze orange then, as you do now, and it would have vastly outnumbered green and gold in the Lambeau Field stands of the 1970s

The show also from time to time used other anachronistic stuff, like this 1990s Mitchell & Ness jacket:

1468f462fc4219576975321eaee0e5de.jpg

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Because they didn't (or couldn't) license them from the NHL.   Why the NHL would have an issue is kind of beyond me.

That's probably so.  It's just hard to believe the answer is so simple . . . and so shortsighted.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think of this thread being about sports logos, jerseys, caps, etc. that sort of randomly appear (or at least aren't central to the show, sketch, movie, etc.).  With that in mind, I'm not sure this fits my own scope of the thread.  However, in the interest of not falling farther from the top . . . 

Bill Swerski's Super Fans --

Screen-Shot-2015-10-28-at-2.19.31-PM.png

Archived