infernoqueso's NHL by Adidas

infernoqueso

nhl by adidas.pngSince things are picking up for the NHL with the start of the new season I would start a series that had been in my computer for awhile. For now I am taking a short break from MLB Organizational Tweaks to do these.  I am starting with each team in alphabetical order standard uniforms including any regular alternates.  I appreciate any comments or criticisms as I will be making changes to concepts.  My plan is to make uniforms that would look good on the ice, but also have some personality to them.  First tweak is to the NHL logo now in only black and white without silver gradient.  

Anaheim Ducks

Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames  (UPDATE)

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

The first team is the Anaheim Ducks.  The silver is removed and replaced with white.  Personally I really dislike the 2000's unnecessary additions of silver.  The uniforms are based off of the current third uniforms template with tweaks to striping patterns.  Black and orange are still dominant but I still wanted to incorporate the gold with the striping and outline on the numbers.  Next up will be the Arizona Coyotes.  

ducks lgos.pngDUCKS HOME.pngDUCKS AWAY.pngducks third.png

So next up is the Arizona Coyotes.  I mixed in their traditional style sedona and sand colored uniforms with their kachina look with the kachina sublimation in between striping.  Arizona flag sublimation is also included on the stripes.  New logo added on the pants by combining the old moon logo and leaping coyote. Only other major change is the Arizona logo to all uniforms and a new black alternate featuring the same patterns as the standard uniforms.  I hope you enjoy. 

coyootes banner.pngcoyotes home.pngcoyotes away.pngcoyotes third.png

The Bruins have a great set, just gorgeous. not much to change really but their third could really use some work.  Based off of their winter classic jersey the third gets a makeover becoming gold.  the striping on the away socks slaso changes to match the jersey stripes.  Some uniforms like this one will receive little changes but only because they are already close to perfect in my opinion.

BRUINS BANNER.pngbruins home.pngbruins away.pngbruins third.png

On 11/6/2016 at 6:54 PM, infernoqueso said:

The Bruins have a great set, just gorgeous. not much to change really but their third could really use some work.  Based off of their winter classic jersey the third gets a makeover becoming gold.  the striping on the away socks slaso changes to match the jersey stripes.  Some uniforms like this one will receive little changes but only because they are already close to perfect in my opinion.

BRUINS BANNER.pngbruins home.pngbruins away.pngbruins third.png

Maybe use gold socks for Alt. jersey. The black socks seem out of place.

Alright while I am working on edits I though I would get out the Buffalo Sabres.  The Navy remains but is lightens up a shade. The "B" sword logo returns, and the silver is removed.  The number font is pulled from their ugly two tone alternate, but I thought the font was great.  All around a cleaner look for the sabres.  Their look is fine with no alternate so.. no alternate.  

sabres banner.pngsabres home.pngsabres away.png

So next up is the Calgary flames.  Sure the throwback look looks good, but I feel their alternates are such a good modern update of the classic look.  IMO black enhances the Flames look because it provides a better contrast for the brighter colors.  so with that my concept has a lot of black, but I tried to balance it as much as I could.   Enjoy!

flames br.pngflames home.pngflames away.png

For Calgary, I'd change the colour pattern for more consistency and balance and less bleeding.

On the white: In all cases (hem and cuffs) match the striping to the logo (black-yellow-red bottom)

On the red: If you wanted to have a black-first look, use a black-white-yellow-black bottom pattern. If you wanted to have a white-first look, use a yellow-black-white bottom pattern. If you wanted a combination, use the black option on the hems and cuffs, and the white option on the logo.

Great work in general, just make sure to get rid of the TM and/or (R)!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

So the next team has arguably one of the best looks in the league, the Chicago Blackhawks.  All they need are some small tweaks.  first the tan outline is added back to the logo just to provide contrast on the jerseys.  Stripes made consistent through out the home uniform and also on the road socks.   The black alternate is revived as well. Most notable change is the addition of outlines to player names which is small but I feel enances the look.  Subtle changes on this one, but I hope to make greater changes soon.  

blackhawks br.pngblackhawks home.pngblackhawks away.pngblackhawks third.png

Archived