The worst day of my life

pcgd

Used to be one of my favorite players. Now, he's a cub.

I'm in shock and I can think of no good coming my way from this trade. I'm glad the cardinals don't play the cubs until the postseason.

I hope the cubs don't make it.

Boston just let out a collective "CO*K-A**" (line from boston based "Boondock Saints")

Cubs can have Mr. Mia Hamm. Still 11 games back.

peace,

pc

ps: Yes, I'm bitter.

wrigley just got more annoying. Not only drunk idiots wearing abe lincoln beards, but now they are gonna scream NOMAH in a terrible boston accent...

peace,

pc

ps...still bitter.

they traded nomar for a guy who had an gave up an error in the NLCS last year. :wacko:

Well has they said teh Red Sox needed defense. And even thought I would have liked to see a pitcher and a young prospect in t his deal I am happy with it. Good luck Nomah and put that Red Sox hat in the hall of fame. :upside:

Michael Barrett is still listed as #5 on the Cubs website. I wonder what Nomar will go with if he can't get #5 from him?

Michael Barrett 5 | C Current Status: Active

He'll buy the number off Barrett, most likely. Probably cut him a check for $15,000 or some such. It's not unheard of.

BTW, what the heck is a catcher doing with a single-digit number, anyway? Bad catcher karma, no?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

How about just being a member of the Cubs is bad karma. How about Nomar wear #55? So I'll take back my previous post. Gonzalez went to Montreal. It's now a 4-way deal.

The most intersting part of the deal was Doug Mientkiewicz went from Minnesota to Boston. Guess who Boston's playing? Minnesota. Imagine during practice someone comes up to you and say, "you have been traded .... to the opposing team"

Mientkiewicz was in his Twins' gear at the Metrodome several hours before gametime, talking to reporters, when bench coach Steve Liddle interrupted the session and took him away.

A little later, Mientkiewicz was dressed in a Red Sox uniform, getting ready to start against the Twins. He got a rousing ovation from his old fans when he was introduced, and his picture on the scoreboard already had him in a Boston hat and jersey.

I saw, I came, I left.

they traded nomar for a guy who had an gave up an error in the NLCS last year. :wacko:

NO,

Gonzalez went to Montreal.

Boston got O Cabrera who, IMP, is the best defensive SS in the NL behind Renteria.

Boston just got alot better at SS in the field.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

wrigley just got more annoying. Not only drunk idiots wearing abe lincoln beards, but now they are gonna scream NOMAH in a terrible boston accent...

peace,

pc

ps...still bitter.

that is if they let anyone play at wrigley with the building falling apart on the fans

i'd heard the deal had been in the works, although i'd also heard the Bosox wanted Clement. Bootsy's gone, and we have a guy who produces with the bat and glove ALL of the time instead of most of the time

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bootsy's gone, and we have a guy who produces with the bat and glove ALL of the time instead of most of the time

really? who'd you get besides Nomah?

Nomar was a very good hitter. WAS. Over the last few years his offensive skills have started to decline as his injuries became more frequent. More first-pitch swinging and pop-ups. Last year was brutal...he left a lot of runners in scoring position, especially if he came up with 2 outs.

You could even question his heart. Why else would he sit on the bench against the Yankees and sulk the while time? As much of a contributor he's been over the years, he had been developing a prima-donna attitude in the clubhouse. He was by no means a cancer, but he wasn't the happiest of players even during his more productive seasons.

If he turns out to be an awesome player again in Chicago, that's great. But the Red Sox have learned to live without him.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived