MiLB | Florida State League Logo Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

This is my rebrand of the current MiLB Florida State League roundel logo which will turn 27 years next year. No more black but yellow-gold as a supporting color.

Link to the original mark: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/f2t8su1na369geehoftczekz6/_Florida_State_League/1990/Primary_Logo

Florida%20State%20League%20logo_zpsovicq

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

That particular orange mixed with green is a little garish and hard on the eyes, but I think it could work without as many lines in the middle. That was also the only part that threw me-- looks more like a gridiron than anything to do with baseball. Other than that, structurally I think it's a great update.

@CodeG: Thanks a lot!

@raysox: Thank you. Much appreciated!

@Steelman: Always depends on the device you're using while looking at something like a logo. Here on my computer (calibrated screen), the Pantone colors – green and burnt orange – look just fine. Firefox for example will falsify colors in general (lighter and less saturated – at least older versions) while Mac's Safari never has done things like that. Especially on cell phones, color accuracy has always been an issue.

However, I chose a slightly darker green (PANTONE 342 C instead of 349 C) to gain a little more contrast. I also reduced the number of pinstripes and changed the angle from diagonal to vertical in order to avoid that gridiron look. Thanks for your input!

EDIT%20Florida%20State%20League%20logo_z

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

3 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

this is what FSL needed, this is one of the best rebrand concepts i have seen for any minor league logos. 

Thanks, JMtexan09! Much appreciated!

9 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

@CodeG: Thanks a lot!

@raysox: Thank you. Much appreciated!

@Steelman: Always depends on the device you're using while looking at something like a logo. Here on my computer (calibrated screen), the Pantone colors – green and burnt orange – look just fine. Firefox for example will falsify colors in general (lighter and less saturated – at least older versions) while Mac's Safari never has done things like that. Especially on cell phones, color accuracy has always been an issue.

However, I chose a slightly darker green (PANTONE 342 C instead of 349 C) to gain a little more contrast. I also reduced the number of pinstripes and changed the angle from diagonal to vertical in order to avoid that gridiron look. Thanks for your input!

EDIT%20Florida%20State%20League%20logo_z

Glad to be of assistance. This looks and feels much better IMO! I did grow up in Florida and this just strikes me as "Floridian" now. Really like the change to vertical stripes, reminds of pinstripes and gives it a classic flair. Well done.

Archived