Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

3 minutes ago, Bruins said:

In my opinion, by far the best part of the jawas set is the hat. That's awesome. And the brown set works perfectly too, it's an identical homage to the jawas themselves. They're my favorite set so far. The Wampas look good too, I also like their hat, although I don't think the away set needs blue pants. What are your plans for Boston?

He already did Boston. Check Page 1 of the thread. :)

I had an idea for Pittsburgh: The Smugglers. Pretty close to Pirates, but a more commonly used term in the SW universe. Also, if you want to use the Rogues but would rather use it for a beachy-type team, then Miami or San Diego would make sense.

I also saw you mention that one of the teams will be called the Walkers...Can I take a wild guess and predict that it will be Texas, as a play on Walker, Texas Ranger? ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice updates! 

I like the earthy color scheme for the Jawas. What font did you use for the wordmarks? It would be nice if you could get the '70s Indians font as it's pretty close to the one you used but just a little more 'professional' looking.

The Wampas also look very cool. Very minor league-esque, which I assume is what you were going for. One thing I would like to see that I'm surprised you didn't include is a Wampa paw/claw for the cap logo. I'm pretty sure at least one MiLB team has a paw/claw logo which could easily be recolored to fit the scheme you created. Just an idea. The other thing is that the icicles on the pant cuffs almost look like EKG readings. 

I'm sure you've already completed or nearly completed Detroit, but "Bothans" would work well for them, since they're a feline species. 

The font is called "Log Cabin." I don't want it to be too spot on with the Major League team, as the Cubs is probably the closest thing in this series. I kind of like the nonprofessional feeling of this font.

The Wampas are definitely very Minor League. I don't know of any Minor League paw logos, so you have a specific one in mind, I'd be happy to try and use it.

12 hours ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

I like the Jawas' jerseys and I understand what you were doing with hats but I don't personally think it works too well because most of the jerseys do not have black as a prominent color.

I definitely get what you're saying. Here is an update where I took out the darker brown (which, to tell you the truth, I realized is really out of place) and added some more black throughout.

Cleveland Jawas Home.pngCleveland Jawas Away.pngCleveland Jawas Alternate 1.pngCleveland Jawas Alternate 2.png

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I had an idea for Pittsburgh: The Smugglers. Pretty close to Pirates, but a more commonly used term in the SW universe. Also, if you want to use the Rogues but would rather use it for a beachy-type team, then Miami or San Diego would make sense.

I also saw you mention that one of the teams will be called the Walkers...Can I take a wild guess and predict that it will be Texas, as a play on Walker, Texas Ranger? ;)

Yes and yes.

As for the Rogues, one of the Los Angeles teams is currently named the Ghosts (as in force ghosts), so maybe I could make the Ghosts the Philly team and make the Los Angeles Rogues?

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

He already did Boston. Check Page 1 of the thread. :)

*Facepalm* How did I miss that, lol

Ironically, both the Pittsburgh Smugglers and Texas Walkers are teams in my SWFL. The names fit perfectly, so I can see why!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'd also spell Cincinnati correctly on their jersey :P

Go me? I knew I would end up doing that eventually. I fixed it in the original post.

7 minutes ago, Bruins said:

*Facepalm* How did I miss that, lol

Ironically, both the Pittsburgh Smugglers and Texas Walkers are teams in my SWFL. The names fit perfectly, so I can see why!

Yea, I've seen Pittsburgh Smugglers in many different concepts. I actually came up with Texas Walkers myself thinking I was clever, only to realize that someone in the league already came up with it too?

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

As for the Rogues, one of the Los Angeles teams is currently named the Ghosts (as in force ghosts), so maybe I could make the Ghosts the Philly team and make the Los Angeles Rogues?

Nah, I'd keep the Los Angeles team the Ghosts (I assume it's the equivalent to the Angels). I like the spiritual connection with ghosts/angels. The Philadelphia Republic sounds fine to me. 

On 12/25/2016 at 1:20 AM, coco1997 said:

Nah, I'd keep the Los Angeles team the Ghosts (I assume it's the equivalent to the Angels). I like the spiritual connection with ghosts/angels. The Philadelphia Republic sounds fine to me. 

Oh true, I honestly didn't even think of that. Nice.

Anyway, moving on to today's team, the Detroit Droids!

Uniforms

Detroit Droids Home.pngDetroit Droids Away.pngDetroit Droids Alternate 1.pngDetroit Droids Alternate 2.pngDetroit Droids Alternate 3.pngDetroit Droids Episode VII Alternate.pngDetroit Droids Rogue One Alternate.png

-I thought the name made sense for Detroit since they are a big manufacturing city (albeit for vehicles, which are about the closest thing we have to droids), and the city and name sound pretty similar.

-The main colors are royal blue and yellow based off of the two most iconic droids in all of Star Wars, C-3PO and R2-D2.

-The striping is based off of different patterns seen on R2, specifically on his head, which I thought translated well to a baseball jersey.

-This set has the most variations of uniform elements of any team thus far, which makes sense considering the various types of droids within the Star Wars universe.

-Subtle thing, but the yellow alternate is paired with gray pants in the example because of C-3PO's mismatched silver leg in A New Hope.

-The Force Awakens alternate is based on none other than the adorable, fan-favorite droid that is BB-8.

-The Rogue One alternate is based on the witty droid K-2SO, who is certainly a scene-stealer in the new movie.

C&C is greatly appreciated!

Everything about this set is spot-on. I was hoping you'd name Detroit the Droids for the exact reason you mentioned above. I love the wordmarks, the combination R2/3PO color scheme and the white front paneled caps. I also like that at a quick glance, the cap logo looks somewhat similar to the Tigers' Old English "D."

Can't wait to see Houston, the most legit space-themed MLB team!

Man, so sad to hear about the loss of Carrie Fisher... May the Force be with her and may she rest in peace...

I was planning to begin posting two teams per day now, and considering that the Dark Side of the Force definitely won the battle today, it makes sense that the two teams on the docket are associated with some more evil aspects of Star Wars...

Here are the Houston Bounty Hunters:

Uniforms

Houston Bounty Hunters Home.pngHouston Bounty Hunters Away.pngHouston Bounty Hunters Alternate 1.pngHouston Bounty Hunters Alternate 2.pngHouston Bounty Hunters Alternate 3.png

-Boba Fett has one of the most iconic outfits in all of Star Wars, and I knew I wanted to try his unique color scheme with some team. Houston seemed like a good fit.

-The hat logo is the Mandalorian logo seen on Boba Fett's armor and on one of the flags at Maz Kanata's castle in the Force Awakens. The font is called "Tannenberg Fett," and has the sort of gangster/bounty hunter look I was going for.

-The striping curves upward on the sleeves, much like the Vikings' striping, but also makes it look a lot like Boba Fett's helmet when recolored.

-The road uniform has the same dusty color that is seen in my Rangers set, to add a bit more of that dirty look and to better match the gray on Boba Fett's suit.

-There are 3 alternates in the set, but only the same hat, belt, and socks are present for every uniform to maintain consistency.

-A bounty hunter has not yet appeared in the Disney era for Star Wars, so no Force Awakens or Rogue One alternates.

Here is the other team for the day, the Kansas City Royal Guard:

Uniforms

Kansas City Royal Guard Home.pngKansas City Royal Guard Away.pngKansas City Royal Guard Alternate 1.pngKansas City Royal Guard Rogue One Alternate.png

-A little bit of a play on words for Kansas City's team, by having a Star Wars spin on the name.

-I knew red had to be prominent on every single uniform, so I added red shoulders to all of the uniforms that weren't red to begin with.

-Speaking of, the away is a unique all red uniform, as that's pretty much the only thing that helps identify the Royal Guard.

-The red shoulders on the other jerseys also coincidentally pay tribute to the old Kansas City Monarchs, who also had that same element on their uniforms.

-The font is Oregon's old font Autzen, which I thought worked with this set because of the sharpness and sleekness to it.

-The alternate is a dark gray because of the Royal Guard's intimidating pike-type weapon.

-The Royal Guard does have a Rogue One alternate, as they do appear in the movie, as seen in the trailers. The reason for this choice of all black with deep scarlet red accents was because their appearance was in (*minor spoiler for Rogue One*):

Spoiler

Vader's castle on the lava planet Mustafar, where he lost his battle with Obi-Wan.

I'd be happy to hear what you guys think about either or both of the teams posted today.

Another great set of concepts!

Loving the Boba Fett-esque color scheme for the Bounry Hunters. I was actually going to suggest or ask if one of the teams would be called the Mandalorians. The only thing I don't like is the font for the wordmarks. I think it's because the "H" in 'Hunters' looks like it's lowercase. I also think "Houston" would look better if it was straight aligned or even arched.

The Royal Guards turned out awesome, too. Once you hinted that one of the teams would be based on the Royal Guards and that their city would be a play on one of the current MLB teams, I figured it would be KC. The doubledecker wordmarks look great here.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing any pinstriped uniforms?

I'm happy you're going to start posting two teams per day. Looking forward to the L.A. twosome tomorrow!

The Guard look incredible, probably my second favorite so far. As far as the droids, I like them too and the name fits well, although I would use a blue hat for the yellow set. Keep it up!

May the force be withe the princess. R.I.P

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The only thing I don't like is the font for the wordmarks. I think it's because the "H" in 'Hunters' looks like it's lowercase. I also think "Houston" would look better if it was straight aligned or even arched.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing any pinstriped uniforms?

I'm happy you're going to start posting two teams per day. Looking forward to the L.A. twosome tomorrow!

I'll work on the Houston font today to see if I can fix anything.

I know I have at least one team with pinstripes left in the series, but other than that I'm not sure where else they would work.

16 hours ago, Bruins said:

As far as the droids, I like them too and the name fits well, although I would use a blue hat for the yellow set. 

The blue hat can certainly be used with the yellow jersey on occasion, but I at least wanted to have the option for a yellow one.

Sorry for the late upload, but here are the two Los Angeles teams for today!

First up are the Los Angeles Barons!

Uniforms

Los Angeles Barons Home.pngLos Angeles Barons Away.pngLos Angeles Barons Alternate 1.pngLos Angeles Barons Alternate 2.png

-Inspired by the suave baron of Cloud City, Lando Calrissian, these uniforms feature the color scheme of his iconic uniform. The color scheme is also inspired by nearby UCLA.

-The script is elegant and smooth, and put in an arch so as to combine two different uniform elements into a unique set.

-One of my favorite uniforms so far is the 2nd alternate, inspired by Lando's gold outfit.

Lando has not yet appeared in any of the new movies, so no Force Awakens or Rogue One alternates.

Next up are the Los Angeles Ghosts!

Uniforms

Los Angeles Ghosts Home.pngLos Angeles Ghosts Away.pngLos Angeles Ghosts Alternate 1.pngLos Angeles Ghosts Alternate 2.png

-These uniforms feature three different shades of blue, inspired by the appearance of force ghosts in Empire and Jedi.

-Every element on each uniform gets lighter as it grows outward, so as to imitate the glow of a force ghost.

-I thought the font, Harlow Solid Italic, worked really well because it's very smooth and graceful.

-No force ghosts in Force Awakens or Rogue One, but I have a feeling we might see one or two in Episode VIII...

I'd like to hear what you guys think about today's teams!

I'm at Disney today so I'm gonna try to do today's two teams while I can!

These are two of the more famous creatures in the Star Wars universe, first up are the Miami Calamari!

Uniforms

Miami Calamari Home.pngMiami Calamari Away.pngMiami Calamari Alternate 1.pngMiami Calamari Alternate 2.pngMiami Calamari Episode VII Alternate.pngMiami Calamari Rogue One Alternate.png

-I maybe could've made this team named the Miami Admirals, but that's no fun.

-This set is inspired by the most famous Mon Calamari out there, Admiral Ackbar. 

-The colors are also very Miami, with a pale orange paired with teal.

-I nearly added some yellow to the set, let me know if you want to see that.

-The font is called 'Ocean' and fits well with the aquatic feel.

-The uniforms are sleeveless with one stripe running down the entire side, much like Ackbar's uniform.

-The Force Awakens alternate is tan to reflect Ackbar's uniform in the movie.

-The Rogue One alternate is based off of Admiral Raddus.

Next up are the Milwaukee Hutts!

Milwaukee Hutts Home.pngMilwaukee Hutts Away.png

Milwaukee Hutts Alternate 1.png

-I took the colors from the local football team, which match Jabba pretty well, and added cream/off-white to complete the look.

-The font, 'Jimi', was originally going to be used for the Ewoks, but I realized that it would work even better for the Hutts because of its rounded, bulgy look.

-The sleeves are colored to reflect Jabba's skin, which the away most accurately reflects.

-No Force Awakens or Rogue One alternates.

I'd be happy to hear what you all think about today's and yesterday's teams!

I really like everything about these last two teams but I think Miami's Episode VII alternate needs a cap that matches the rest of the uniform. The orange cap just looks out of place. That aside, great job! Can't wait to see the Jedi!

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I really like everything about these last two teams but I think Miami's Episode VII alternate needs a cap that matches the rest of the uniform. The orange cap just looks out of place. That aside, great job! Can't wait to see the Jedi!

Maybe I could make the 'M' tan with a teal outline or something? The reason I make the hat orange is to be more like Ackbar's head

Archived