Best NFL city

vicfurth

My Dad and I went on a business trip of his to Philadelphia once, and we ended up seeing a Flyers game at the old Spectrum(As repayment for sitting in the hotel room alone for a long time). Like most away fans, we were in the top deck. I wore my new Canadiens jacket.

I was told many things, among them types of love my mother and I liked, bodily functions oddly reversed, and ways to hurt Canadiens players that I shouldn't print here. I had hotdog wrappers and an empty beer glass thrown at me.

I was 10 years old.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Philly is the only stadium that has jail in it."

They never used it in 2003 at The Linc.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Veterans Stadium had the jail.

I'm not sure if the Linc has one.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Though not a falcon fan by any stretch of the imagination, they do have a nice fan base and have stuck with the team.

Are you kidding?

Fans in the ATL come and go like the seasons.

The Dome is never sold out for Falcons or Hawks games and the fans just now are learning they have a hockey team.

Yeah I will testify to that... I remember when people started coming when the Falcons made their run at the Super Bowl in 99, and then the next year we bombed and NOBODY came... I remember in 2001 and wondering why I was the only one doing the dirty bird while everyone was tagging with {of all teams} New Orleans *ugh*

And then Vick came for that one glorious year and the Dome was packed... Then he got hurt, we started losing again, and nobody came while everyone was tagging along with the *ugh* Panthers... So he's right, most Atlanta fans are professional bandwagoners

No way does Chicago deserve to be on the list. There's no reason a team in the NFL's second biggest city should be playing in the L's second smallest stadium.

BTW... cheeseheads are strictly a Green Bay thing as well as the deer hunting, "Ya det hey" and polka music). Packers fans in the MIL don't wear those ridiculous things.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No way does Chicago deserve to be on the list. There's no reason a team in the NFL's second biggest city should be playing in the L's second smallest stadium.

BTW... cheeseheads are strictly a Green Bay thing as well as the deer hunting, "Ya det hey" and polka music). Packers fans in the MIL don't wear those ridiculous things.

Gotta disagree completely. The size of the stadium shouldn't matter. Now if you would have said "How can Chicago be a great football city when they just destroyed the landmark status of Soldier Field by dropping that UFO shaped piece of crap inside the the shell of the old Soldier Field?" I would agree with you.

As for America's Dairyland, I would say that other than Milwaukee and Madison that the remainder of Wisconsin is all about the cheeseheads, "Ya Hey Dere", hunting and fish frys / fish boils. That's not a bad thing, that's what makes Wisconsin what it is.

CGP.gif

Green Bay hands down. But another great football town not mentioned yet is Cleveland. Pretty much everyone in Ohio outside of Dayton/Cincinnati are Browns fans.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

OK, for best NFL city I have to agree with the majority and go with Green Bay. I have got to disagree with someone saying that the Super Bowl should be played there or in Chicago. In my opinion, the best place for the SB is New Orleans. The atmosphere down there for any football game is electric. When the SB is there, the city is crazy, play the biggest pro game in the best party city.

OK, for best NFL city I have to agree with the majority and go with Green Bay. I have got to disagree with someone saying that the Super Bowl should be played there or in Chicago. In my opinion, the best place for the SB is New Orleans. The atmosphere down there for any football game is electric. When the SB is there, the city is crazy, play the biggest pro game in the best party city.

you forgot indoors, on carpet covered concrete. Nothing against the town, but no thanks on New Orleans. Superbowls are fine in SD,Miami,AZ etc. Superbowls don't belong in domes.

With that said, it'd be neat to have a Superbowl in Chicago, New York or Green Bay.......conceptually. But it would never work and I'm glad they don't do it.

Plus we have the best defensive player in the NFL.

I don't see how this could possibly factor LESS into which city is the best, but ok. Yes, yes you do.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Yeah, the green carpet does stink, but we are working on it. They did put down a new surface for this year, and the state is looking into a new stadium for the team. Personally I would love to see an open air stadium in NO, but I think that Benson will get his retractible roof stadium.

With that said, it'd be neat to have a Superbowl in Chicago, New York or Green Bay.......conceptually. But it would never work and I'm glad they don't do it.

Well if the new Jets stadium is built (which it won't be), it would be put into the rotation for the Super Bowl. However it would be a retractable roof stadium, so that ruin it.

The NFL doesn't want to go north with the Super Bowl. Gaints Stadium for years has been trying to get the Super Bowl, so has Washington. I would love to see the Super Bowl in the northern cities it would be great.

What about Baltimore. We went thourgh 13 seasons without a team (and were even denied an expansion team). This year season tickets sold out in less than an hour. Plus we have the best defensive player in the NFL.

I gave you guys credit despite being a Browns fan, so don't hate on me but having Ray Lewis doesn't mean you have good fans.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

you forgot indoors, on carpet covered concrete. Nothing against the town, but no thanks on New Orleans. Superbowls are fine in SD,Miami,AZ etc. Superbowls don't belong in domes.

Plus we have the best defensive player in the NFL.

I don't see how this could possibly factor LESS into which city is the best, but ok. Yes, yes you do.

I believe that New Orleans went to the new Turf Grass last year like Dallas did. While it still isn't better than real grass, it's a step up from playing on indoor/outdoor carpet.

Houston is a warm weather city and will be in the rotation for future Super Bowls.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

What about Baltimore. We went thourgh 13 seasons without a team (and were even denied an expansion team). This year season tickets sold out in less than an hour. Plus we have the best defensive player in the NFL.

I gave you guys credit despite being a Browns fan, so don't hate on me but having Ray Lewis doesn't mean you have good fans.

Yes I realize that having Ray Lewis doesn't make us a good NFL town. I just thought I'd add that. It's nice to see a Brown's fan admit that will admit they think Baltimore is a good city. I know alot of you are bitter about Modell.

See my avatar? That's my ticket for Week 2 (Game 1) at Lambeau. I'll keep updating them as the season progresses. Also, keep in mind that there are two sets of season ticket-holders, too. The Milwaukee season ticket package (those who formerly had season tickets when the Packers played at County Stadium) gets tickets to one of the two pre-season games, plus regular season games 2 and 5.

That waiting list that is mentioned -- it's got somewhere over 60,000 names on it. In a bad year, about 100 tickets are turned in. I'll let you do the math as far as how long the list is.

It's where I sit.

Archived