1 hour ago, DNAsports said:
Jimmie Johnson to lose Lowe's as primary sponsor following 2018 season

Lowe's knows.... NASCAR is the sport of diminishing returns for sponsorship.

And the "Tiger Effect" is apparently back too.

Sunday’s final round of the PGA Tampa Bay Championship delivered a 4.4 rating and 6.9 million viewers on NBC, up 193% in ratings and 201% in viewership from last year (1.5, 2.3M), up 120% and 134% respectively from 2016 (2.0, 2.9M), and easily the highest rated and most-watched round in tournament history (dates back to 2003).

Sunday’s telecast was easily the highest rated and most-watched sporting event of the weekend, cruising past the second-place NASCAR race from Phoenix (2.8, 4.6M). It even took top honors in adults 18-49, no small feat given golf’s older skew. 

Its1.3 rating in the demo beat every Sunday program except for AMC’s The Walking Dead (2.8) and ABC’s American Idol (2.3).

Third round coverage on Saturday had a 2.8 and 4.3 million, up 155% in ratings and 160% in viewership from last year (1.1, 1.7M) and up 133% and 141% respectively from 2016 (1.2, 1.8M). It trails only Sunday’s telecast as the highest rated and most-watched round in tournament history.

Excluding The Masters, it was the highest rated third round at any golf tournament since the 2015 Wyndham Championship (2.9). Not coincidentally, that was the last time Woods entered the weekend in contention. It was the most-watched third round since the 2013 U.S. Open (5.4M).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/03/pga-tour-ratings-tiger-woods-tampa-bay/

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from California:

1. Truex Jr.

2. Larson

3. Kyle Busch

4. Keselowski

5. Logano

6. Hamlin

7. Jones

8. Blaney

9. Johnson

10 . A.Dillon

Stage 1 & 2 winner: Truex Jr.

MTJ couldn't be caught & it looked like he was back to form from 2017. No one could catch him. Harvick had a bit of a bump in with Larson & it cost Harvick a chance to contend but nothing lasts forever, even a dominant care like Harvick & his ford. Team Penske had a better showing & some of the Chevy's handled better than the past but I'm still thinking they're trying to get use to the new car.

Next up, Martinsville.

baltimoreravens.png

It was nice seeing Jimmie running in the Top-10 and even in the Top-5 at one point. Hopefully they're able to build off this for Martinsville, where maybe Chase will finally show up this season. Other than his Duel victory, he's been less than stellar, but any Chevy without a 42 on it has this year.

I was excited for the last 30 laps to see Kyle and Truex go at it but once word got out that Kyle's crew made the wrong adjustment, there was no stopping the 78. He was dominant all day and I don't think even Harvick would've had anything for him today.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

13 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

In other news, Jeffrey Earnhardt is out of a ride again, as he and StarCom have part ways. Landon Cassill is taking over the #00 for the next couple of races.

Therefore, we’ll see if he’ll race in another promotion, or retire.

9 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

In other news, Jeffrey Earnhardt is out of a ride again, as he and StarCom have part ways. Landon Cassill is taking over the #00 for the next couple of races.

You'd think a guy named Earnhardt would practically be having rides handed to him. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

His father didn't exactly have rides handed to him either.

The guy also finished last in points among full-time drivers last year, and is last this year. Granted, the teams are horribly underfunded, and I don't think Cassill will do much better at StarCom, but still...

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

True. But with Jr retired, you'd think NASCAR would be anxious to milk anything more off the Earnhardt name. 

Even if it is his what? Brother? Cousin? 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Jeffery has said he wants to earn his way into a ride and not have his last name be a factor. You've gotta respect him for that. I'd still like to see Dale give him a ride in the Xfinity series for a race or two, but I feel he may end up like Michael Annett - great equipment, underwhelming performance.

I think Hemric to the 8 may be a preview to 2019. With some support from Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff, maybe some sponsorship from South Point and Bass Pro/Cabela's, he'd have a nice ride lined up to compete for ROTY next season.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Jeffery has said he wants to earn his way into a ride and not have his last name be a factor. You've gotta respect him for that. I'd still like to see Dale give him a ride in the Xfinity series for a race or two, but I feel he may end up like Michael Annett - great equipment, underwhelming performance.

I think Hemric to the 8 may be a preview to 2019. With some support from Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff, maybe some sponsorship from South Point and Bass Pro/Cabela's, he'd have a nice ride lined up to compete for ROTY next season.

I'm with you on this. A few races in the Xfinity Series in the 88 would serve him well. I think someone on here or somewhere had said that there was a report Dale has questioned Jeffrey's will to race. Hence why he hasn't seemed to offer anything up.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I'm with you on this. A few races in the Xfinity Series in the 88 would serve him well. I think someone on here or somewhere had said that there was a report Dale has questioned Jeffrey's will to race. Hence why he hasn't seemed to offer anything up.

Well, if the dude had no will to race, would he race for underfunded teams?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

31 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Well, if the dude had no will to race, would he race for underfunded teams?

Junior questioned his desire to race (or see anything else through) back in 2012-13, when Jeffrey was 22-23. His opinion changed following Jeffrey's training for a MMA fighter then. There's a USA Today story on it all.

Thing is that he's now 28.

NASCAR has postponed the MENCS and Truck races at Martinsville to Monday (3/26) due to snow accumulation. Truck race will begin at 11a while the Cup Series will start around 2p.

Archived