Goodbye to "Jacobs Field"?

Burning River

Here in Cleveland it is the 10th Anniversary of Jacobs Field. So far, an era full of great memories. But it is also the 10th year of the name "Jacobs Field" as well. The Naming Rights to the ball park I do believe expire this year or soon there after. since it's "all about" generating money, I'm sure the Dolan's will entertain the idea of selling the naming rights.

I'm not quite sure who will step up... but someone will. There really are no rumors or anything started... yet. Get ready for:

BP Park

National City Bank Field

Goodyear or Firestone Field

Pierre's (Ice Cream) Park

...or somehting else that says NOTHING baseball.

It would amuse me to no end if a baseball stadium ended up having its naming rights purchased by BP.

BP squared!

Okay, so "ballpark" isn't two words, but still, that's what I'd call it.

another corporate name on a ballbark? god helps us all.

why can't owners leave the name of the ballparks, arena's and stadiums alone. :cursing:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Well, arenas I can kind of see them getting corporate names, because they aren't as "personal" as football stadiums and ballparks, since they host all sorts of things, from hockey and basketball, to the X games, conventions and concerts. But football stadiums and ballparks are almost as much a part of the teams as the players. It just seems like the owners don't care much for their team's dignity when they sell out like this all the time.

Its the Cell now. hahahaahahaha

Here's a semi related question to those in St. Louis or have knowledge...are the Rams calling it just the "Jones Dome" or is that a nickname...cause the anouncer on the preseason game kept calling it that....

The Naming Rights to the ball park I do believe expire this year or soon there after.

Sorry, but this information is incorrect. Taken from the Indians' S-1 filing, from back in the days when they were a publicly owned company:

Naming Rights Agreement.  Gateway, the City, the County, the Company and

Mr. Jacobs entered into a Naming Rights Agreement regarding the naming of the

ballpark which expires in 2013.

So, based on this at least, it'll be the Jake by the Lake for at least the next 9 years.

nav-logo.png

Archived