This Sunday: Bills and Dolphins Battle in 1960s Uniforms

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

got to bring this into into the 21st century yesterday. do people like this wordmark??

5PX3ykQ.png

Absolutely! That continues to be my biggest complaint with the new identity (that stayed with the update this year), the wordmark. I know there was a time when Miami had more block lettering, but I'll always prefer cursive for the workmark. Is the above the most aesthetically pleasing? Probably not. But much like the 49ERS with the old west wordmark, this will always say Miami to me. And frankly, that's why I tend to avoid merch with the wordmark these days.

dolphins2.png

On 12/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, simtek34 said:

But the Raiders DID wear the CR jersey, but they wore Silver pants rather than White to make it into a 1964 throwback, which had the Silver numbers, but the current logo.

About the Raiders: the inaccuracy of that uniform is a bit annoying, even though it looks good. The shield on the helmet is from 1963, while the silver number jersey is from 1970.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Hey @BrandMooreArt you guys gotta do the Super Bowl VII end zone next year!

7.png

thats one that would have to be resurrected as well, i doubt any decent file exist of that word mark. but i wouldnt be surprised if we do bring it back. a few years ago, an imitation of that wordmark was used on a hanky given away at a game (some football history: Miami had the white hanky before Pittsburgh had the towel).

Q9clPA5.jpg

i have to say i wasnt so sure about this idea, but after seeing the field today...it looks pretty frickin' sweet.

G72B1Sq.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

17 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats one that would have to be resurrected as well, i doubt any decent file exist of that word mark. but i wouldnt be surprised if we do bring it back. a few years ago, an imitation of that wordmark was used on a hanky given away at a game (some football history: Miami had the white hanky before Pittsburgh had the towel).

Q9clPA5.jpg

i have to say i wasnt so sure about this idea, but after seeing the field today...it looks pretty frickin' sweet.

G72B1Sq.jpg

Those end zones are beautiful!

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish they would paint the seats orange again?

4 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Those end zones are beautiful!

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish they would paint the seats orange again?

Of course aesthetically that would be nice, but it REALLY emphasizes the empty seats on tv...even when it's just a couple of thousand, it looks like more....  

Archived