2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, VikWings said:

Cincy likes wearing their orange jerseys against teams they shouldn't wear them against. the Browns, Chiefs, Cardinals, etc. It's like they actively try to have horrible contrast.

What about the Cowboys The last two times Dallas has visited Cincy, the Bengals wore orange tops.

2 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What about the Cowboys The last two times Dallas has visited Cincy, the Bengals wore orange tops.

In my opinion, I don't think the contrast is that bad when the Bengals have played the Cowboys, I don't even think it's that bad when they played the Cardinals. Cowboys have the silver/greenish pants and the silver helmets, so there isn't a problem with colors blending between the two teams.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/bulls-on-parade-here-are-the-texans-2019-home-game-themes?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Texans have announced their uniforms for a few games this year:

Sept 15 - All-white for their Home opener against Jacksonville

Dec 1 - All-blue versus New England (doesn't say whether it's the Color Rush or normal blue jerseys and pants)

Dec 8 - Red jerseys vs Denver (Doesn't say what pants will be worn)

The Packers are another team that's not great at choosing alternate jersey opponents. That will be a navy-heavy eyesore much like when they wore them against the Chargers in 2015. It's also unlike GB to wear them so early in the season, which makes the decision even more questionable.

I like the Texans in red vs. DEN in December. That makes sense. Odd that they'd opt to wear their other alternate the week before though. Usually it's more spaced out.

2 hours ago, nlane33 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/bulls-on-parade-here-are-the-texans-2019-home-game-themes?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Texans have announced their uniforms for a few games this year:

Sept 15 - All-white for their Home opener against Jacksonville

Dec 1 - All-blue versus New England (doesn't say whether it's the Color Rush or normal blue jerseys and pants)

Dec 8 - Red jerseys vs Denver (Doesn't say what pants will be worn)

I wonder how the Jags will counter in the 9-15 game:  Mono-black or black over teal or teal over something?

No way the Jags waste one of their beloved three teal games on a road game in a dome. My guess is black over white. This game was Houston's opener 2 years ago and Jacksonville wore all black.

I hope we see more black over teal this year though. I like combos like that like when the Titans wear navy over columbia or when Baltimore wears black over purple. Something about those looks is just unique and they clash with almost anything.

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

No way the Jags waste one of their beloved three teal games on a road game in a dome. My guess is black over white. This game was Houston's opener 2 years ago and Jacksonville wore all black.

I hope we see more black over teal this year though. I like combos like that like when the Titans wear navy over columbia or when Baltimore wears black over purple. Something about those looks is just unique and they clash with almost anything.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not a fan of the Jaguars teal pants. As weird as it may sound - they seem a little dull in my opinion. I definitely prefer the white and black pants, I'm hoping Jacksonville goes with those this year. 

I agree with contrasting combos though - Baltimore's black over purple is a favorite of mine. 

22 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

i really hope black over teal or teal over white. Battle red vs. Denver will probably be white pants. All blue vs. New England will probably be color rush.

That's gonna be A LOT of navy in the NE matchup

11 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

And even Cleveland in brown over orange.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=1&league=NFL

Confused why this site lists Houston as white on white for Week 1 at New Orleans, but doesn't include any of their confirmed match ups based on the home game themes.

Maybe they accidentally put all white for game one thinking it was the home opener?

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I still can't believe that the 100th Season of the NFL will open with Bears vs Packers and neither team will be wearing throwbacks. That's a huge missed opportunnity. I tried it out on Madden 20 and it was pretty awesome.

HyEg4DS.png

Wow, EA did a good job with those Bears uniforms (not surprised since they care more about presentation than gameplay). I digress...The Packers never want to wear throwbacks against division rivals for whatever reason. Instead, we see the same uniform pairings every season, and they save the throwbacks for when AFC teams come to town once every 8 years.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, Old School Fool said:

I still can't believe that the 100th Season of the NFL will open with Bears vs Packers and neither team will be wearing throwbacks. That's a huge missed opportunnity. I tried it out on Madden 20 and it was pretty awesome.

Especially since the Bears have a white retro jersey and the Packers have a coloured retro jersey. When the Bears unveiled theirs I thought we were getting this for sure. But I guess that would make too much sense..

Some predictions for the Jaguars this year:

Week 1 - White jersey, white pants at home versus KC

Week 3 - Teal jersey, white pants vs Tennessee on TNF

Week 6 - White jersey, teal pants vs New Orleans

Week 8 - Teal jersey, white pants vs NYJ

Week 9 - Black jersey, black pants vs Houston in England

Week 13 - Teal jersey, black pants vs TB

Week 14 - Black jersey, black pants vs SD

Week 17 - Black jersey, white pants vs Indy

Archived