2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

20 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Taking a look at the Pats schedule to predict what each team could wear:

Week 1: New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• We should see the same thing we did in 2015. Standard uniforms for both teams, with the Patriots wearing a special jersey patch.

Week 2: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• White throwbacks for the Dolphins, so I'd assume the Pats will be in their home uniforms.

Week 3: New England Patriots vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• This is tough to call, with the Jets wearing new uniforms and having a new coach. New England will wear their blue over grey at home, and I'd guess the Jets wear white over green.

Week 4: New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• Standard home vs standard road.

I'll have to come back to this in January to see how accurate I was. 

You sure went all out and clearly know your stuff. I agree with most of what you said. Could see Buffalo wearing throwback vs. NE in Week 4 potentially. Could also see the Giants wearing what they beat NE in in those super Bowls for Week 6 TNF (standard road)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna give this a try with my team (Packers)

Wk 1 at CHI - could see some 100th anniversary throwback for Chicago or standard looks for both teams

Wk 2 vs MIN - same week as last season (white/purple vs. green/yellow)

Wk 3 vs. DEN - standard home and away, likely too early for GB throwbacks

Wk 4 vs. PHI TNF - possible GB wears Color Rush but hopefully not now that it isn't required, Philly likely in white/white but I'd prefer green pants since we haven't seen that matchup in ages.

Wk 5 at DAL - should be the same thing we always see, wouldn't mind DAL in navy to change it up since they always lose vs. GB

Wk 6 vs. DET - likely DET in white/silver and GB in standard home, saw this matchup with DET in blue pants in 2017 on MNF, but Patricia's Lions prefer silver pants clearly

Wk 7 vs. OAK - could definitely see this being a throwback game, usually comes early-mid season against a non divisional opponent

Wk 8 at KC - white/yellow for GB, KC probably in all red in primetime

Wk 9 at LAC - same schedule slot as last meeting in 2011, but likely wth LAC in the now standard powder blue jersey

Wk 10 vs. CAR - another possible throwback candidate, but likely standard home, would hope to see CAR in black bottoms to change up this matchup

Wk 11 BYE

Wk 12 at SF - standard home and away, seen this before

Wk 13 at NYG - NYG in white pants this time, something we haven't seen since they made the switch from gray

Wk 14 vs. WAS - standard home and away, this time with WAS in burgundy pants as opposed to the gold pants we saw in 2013 (major upgrade)

Wk 15 vs. CHI - first time these teams have met in GB at 1pm since 2008, standard unis expected

Wk 16 at MIN MNF - standard home and away

Wk 17 - at DET - standard home and away, though would be nice to see something different (blue on blue?)

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's the single break of the pattern I'd be willing to go for.  Once a year, preferably against Green Bay or Chicago, the Vikings should wear a 1969 home throwback. If they added that, and brought in a pair of white socks (with a stripe that echos the white jersey sleeve) to wear with the Purple pants, I'd never complain about any part of the uniform ever again.  

I’d like to see all white once or twice but it’s wishful thinking at this point given that’s its only been done 3x with this set and 2 were in the 2013 preseason and the other was week 1 2015 against those horrendous all black 49ers units,

I'll give guessing the Bills a shot

1. @ NYJ: Tough to tell what Jets will do with their new set but I'll play it safe. White/Blue vs Green/White 

2. @ NYG: They'll switch it up with their return to MetLife. White/White vs Blue/White

3. vs CIN: They wore white in last years home opener I'll guess they do it again. Black/White vs White/White. 

4. vs NE: Standard. White/Navy vs Blue/White

5. @ TEN: Another tough one I can see the Titans in any combo here. White/Blue vs Navy/Columbia 

7. vs MIA: The start of 3 straight home games for Buffalo. White/Aqua vs Blue/White

8. vs PHI: I think the Bills switch it up a little here. White/White vs Blue/Blue

9. vs WAS: Tempted to put the Bills in throwback here but I'll wait and explain. White/Burgundy vs Blue/White

10. @ CLV: Toss up between color rush and white. White/Blue vs Brown CR

11. @ MIA: They'll keep the throwback tradition alive here. TB White vs TB Aqua

12. vs DEN: Now because they're wearing the throwbacks the week prior, I think its easier for the equipment staff to leave the stickers on the helmets for another week. They did this last year when they played Jacksonville then Miami. Orange/White vs TB White.  

13. @ DAL: No idea what either team will do for the Thanksgiving game. Dallas is on TNF the following week so I think they'll save the color rush for that. If Dallas goes navy I can see the Bills sticking with the throwbacks for another week. I can also see the Bills breaking out the color rush too but I'll go with the boring option. Blue/White vs Dallas normal white set. 

14. vs BAL: Very confident with what the Bills do here but the Ravens pant option is a flip of a coin. White/Black vs Red/Red CR

15. @ PIT: Should look good. White/Blue vs Black/Yellow

16. @ NE: Won't look as good. White/White vs Navy/Silver

17. NYJ: Bills will probably want to go Blue on Blue one more time. White/White vs Blue/Blue

On 5/29/2019 at 9:40 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

As it should be. However, still hoping for a 60s throwback.

On the throwbacks, No, no, no, no, no.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, fouhy12 said:

Taking a look at the Pats schedule to predict what each team could wear:

Week 1: New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• We should see the same thing we did in 2015. Standard uniforms for both teams, with the Patriots wearing a special jersey patch.

Week 2: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• White throwbacks for the Dolphins, so I'd assume the Pats will be in their home uniforms.

Week 3: New England Patriots vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• This is tough to call, with the Jets wearing new uniforms and having a new coach. New England will wear their blue over grey at home, and I'd guess the Jets wear white over green.

Week 4: New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• Standard home vs standard road.

Week 5: New England Patriots at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• Last year, the Redskins wore maroon over white for most of their home games. I'd guess that continues, with the Patriots countering in their usual road uniforms.

Week 6: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFL Network/Amazon**)

• Color rush for both teams. The Pats have consistently worn them on Thursday night, as have the Giants. In addition, New England may try to avoid the typical home vs road matchup, in which they have lost the last 3 games.

Week 7: New England Patriots at New York Jets, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)

• In their second, and last, prime-time home game of the year, I would expect New York to showcase their all black uniforms. The Patriots would wear white over blue.

Week 8: New England Patriots vs. Cleveland Browns, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• In the last two seasons, the Patriots have worn their color rush uniforms in one non-Thursday game. Don't be surprised if they decide to break out the all-blue for the second time in 2019 against Cleveland. Guessing what the Browns will wear is more difficult, but based on last season, I'd guess they white over orange with brown socks.

Week 9: New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens*, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• Predicting what the Ravens would wear used to be easy. After they wore 10 different uniform combinations last year, however, that can no longer be said. In their first home prime-time game, I'd guess they wear black uniforms with either black or purple pants. I'll pick black. The Pats would be in their standard road uniforms, setting up a uniform rematch of their 2007 Monday night tilt. 

Week 10: BYE WEEK

Week 11: New England Patriots at Philadelphia Eagles, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• This should be a uniform rematch of Super Bowl LII, minus the jersey patches. White over blue against green over white. 

Week 12: New England Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)

• If the Pats don't wear their color rush against the Browns, this could be an option. However, the Pats have gone light at home the last two times they've played Dallas at Gillette. I'm guessing they go white over navy at home, forcing the visiting Cowboys into their navy jerseys. They would likely pair them with their grey pants.

Week 13: New England Patriots at Houston Texans*, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• Although the Texans wore their red over white in their 2015 home Sunday night contest against New England, I do not expect a repeat this year. Houston has made a habit of wearing blue over white in prime-time in recent seasons, and I don't expect that to change. This should be a navy-heavy contest, with the visitors sporting white over navy.

Week 14: New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• This should be blue over grey vs white over red. These teams have settled into those pairings over the last few match-ups, and I don't see that changing this time around. There is an outside chance New England wears all-blue, but I find that unlikely this late into the season. Kansas City could also decide to wear white pants, which they haven't worn in New England since their 2015 playoff loss.

Week 15: New England Patriots at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• The Bengals have worn black over black in their second to last home game for the past two seasons. I predict they do it again in 2019, making this season a black-heavy one for the Patriots, who would wear their standard road uniform.

Week 16: New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills, TBD (TBD)

• For the third straight season, these two teams will face off in New England during week 16. The Bills have gone white over white and white over blue for each of the last two meetings. I'll stick with the recent trend and say the Bills go white over white against the Pats in blue over grey.

Week 17: New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• The Dolphins have worn white over aqua in their last three meetings in New England,, and after wearing all-white in their first match-up this season, I anticipate Miami will continue the trend and bring some color to this game. The Patriots will end the regular season in their standard home uniform. 

I'll have to come back to this in January to see how accurate I was. 

the white-over-aqua in the last 3 years was very much driven by coach's choice, or more accurately, Gase's wife loved that look; so they wore it a lot. though the team (above Gase) does want to push the Aqua color in the uniforms, i dont think anyone else really loves white-over-aqua, so i anticipate seeing a lot of all white this season. going forward, the uniform options for Miami should be determined by an agreement between Coach, CEO, and Creative Team

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

49 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

the white-over-aqua in the last 3 years was very much driven by coach's choice, or more accurately, Gase's wife loved that look; so they wore it a lot. though the team (above Gase) does want to push the Aqua color in the uniforms, i dont think anyone else really loves white-over-aqua, so i anticipate seeing a lot of all white this season. going forward, the uniform options for Miami should be determined by an agreement between Coach, CEO, and Creative Team

That's very interesting input, thanks! I would guess this means the Jets will be wearing the green pants a lot, then. 

I'm not sure a coach or his wife would have that much say on a team's uniforms, and I sure hope this isn't/wasn't the case. Besides the matching pants and socks, the white on aqua look is significantly more interesting and unique than that drab all white look. I really hope they stick with the aqua bottoms on the road and save the all white for hot home games.

That being sad, it is worth noting that the team barely ever wore this combo before Gase became head coach, but I'm sure the look has grown within the organization by now. A similar trend happened from '08-'11 when Sporano was coach, but he was fired before the season ended, and the team continued wearing the aqua pants until Nike took over the following season.

Also worth noting that '08 and '16 were the only years the team made the playoffs in recent years, both of which were seasons they brought back the white/aqua look.

14 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Please elaborate

Coaches have the highest authority to choose uniforms for a team, other than the owner if he/she really wanted to push the issue. Coaches sometimes allow players to choose, but the ultimate decision is made by the coach.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:34 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

Going forward, the uniform options for Miami should be determined by an agreement between Coach, CEO, and Creative Team

I know you’re a part of the creative team, but beyond that, I’m curious as to why you believe that department should have a role in determining what uniforms the players should wear. You should obviously be clued-in in advance for branding, marketing and social media purposes, but that can all be done as a directive.

In my outside opinion, the uniforms should be determined by the owner(s) of the team. If he/she/they don’t want or care for that responsibility, it should be passed down the chain of command (to the president/CEO, then the GM, then the coach — unless the power structure is different, as it is with some teams). Players can and are encouraged provide input on their favorite combinations, especially the best players on the team or those with longer tenures, but it’s not like they’ll be the overriding factor on what is worn each week. And then the creative team should fall under that same umbrella, as you’ll be able to provide input throughout the process of designing a new uniform/logo/etc. or how said combination will look against a certain opponent. 

Here's my take on the Cowboys schedule. If I comment "Par for the course", it means with 100% certainty that they wear their "standard" combination of white jersey and silver-green pants. If I think they will wear blue jerseys, I will add some rationale to justify this.

9/8 vs Giants:  I have a feeling they may go with blue jersey over white "Color Rush" pants as I've heard that Gil Brandt will be inducted into the Ring of Honor (they wore that combo last November vs the Titans when Whitten got into the Ring). If it's a "Par for the course" game, I would love to see the G-men wear white pants instead of gray ones with their blue tops (last season on the road when New York wore blue tops, they wore white pants except for the game in Arlington).

9/15 at Redskins:  Since 2010 Washington has worn burgundy jerseys at FedEx Field throughout the regular and post seasons. The only exception was last October when they went with white over burgundy. I kinda expect that again.

9/22 vs Dolphins:  Par for the course

9/29 at Saints: Based on NOLA going with white over black last October on MNF vs the Redskins, that possibility exists. They also could choose to wear the mono-white "Color Rush" kit.

10/6 vs Packers:  Par for the course

10/13 at Jets:  The home team could choose this as their "White-Out" game, which has happened in October as of late. Or the home team could choose their new black alternates.

10/20 vs Eagles:  Par for the course

11/4 at Giants:  Could be Par for the course, or the Giants could wear their Color Rush whites to force Dallas to wear blue.

11/10 vs Vikings:  Par for the course

11/17 at Lions:  If Detroit goes mono-silver, I see the Cowboys going blue over gray to avoid seeing the embarassing matchup in Arlington last September where the Cowboys were Par for the course & the Lions went mono-silver.

11/24 at Patriots:  Even though it might be close to freezing for a 425 Eastern kickoff, Bellicheck will make the Cowboys go blue over gray a la 2003 and 2011.

11/28 vs Bills: I would love to see Dallas in blue (maybe with white pants) vs Buffalo in mono-white throwbacks with the standing bison on their helmets.

12/5 at Bears:  Mono-white Color Rush as it is the next game after Thanksgiving (a recent Cowboy trend)

12/15 vs Rams:  Par for the course

12/22 at Eagles:  Par for the course

12/29 vs Redskins:  Par for the course. I'd love to see Washington wear yellow pants with the burgundy jerseys to mirror the classic Landry vs Allen confrontations of the 70s.

13 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Here's my take on the Cowboys schedule. If I comment "Par for the course", it means with 100% certainty that they wear their "standard" combination of white jersey and silver-green pants. If I think they will wear blue jerseys, I will add some rationale to justify this.

9/8 vs Giants:  I have a feeling they may go with blue jersey over white "Color Rush" pants as I've heard that Gil Brandt will be inducted into the Ring of Honor (they wore that combo last November vs the Titans when Whitten got into the Ring). If it's a "Par for the course" game, I would love to see the G-men wear white pants instead of gray ones with their blue tops (last season on the road when New York wore blue tops, they wore white pants except for the game in Arlington).

9/15 at Redskins:  Since 2010 Washington has worn burgundy jerseys at FedEx Field throughout the regular and post seasons. The only exception was last October when they went with white over burgundy. I kinda expect that again.

9/22 vs Dolphins:  Par for the course

9/29 at Saints: Based on NOLA going with white over black last October on MNF vs the Redskins, that possibility exists. They also could choose to wear the mono-white "Color Rush" kit.

10/6 vs Packers:  Par for the course

10/13 at Jets:  The home team could choose this as their "White-Out" game, which has happened in October as of late. Or the home team could choose their new black alternates.

10/20 vs Eagles:  Par for the course

11/4 at Giants:  Could be Par for the course, or the Giants could wear their Color Rush whites to force Dallas to wear blue.

11/10 vs Vikings:  Par for the course

11/17 at Lions:  If Detroit goes mono-silver, I see the Cowboys going blue over gray to avoid seeing the embarassing matchup in Arlington last September where the Cowboys were Par for the course & the Lions went mono-silver.

11/24 at Patriots:  Even though it might be close to freezing for a 425 Eastern kickoff, Bellicheck will make the Cowboys go blue over gray a la 2003 and 2011.

11/28 vs Bills: I would love to see Dallas in blue (maybe with white pants) vs Buffalo in mono-white throwbacks with the standing bison on their helmets.

12/5 at Bears:  Mono-white Color Rush as it is the next game after Thanksgiving (a recent Cowboy trend)

12/15 vs Rams:  Par for the course

12/22 at Eagles:  Par for the course

12/29 vs Redskins:  Par for the course. I'd love to see Washington wear yellow pants with the burgundy jerseys to mirror the classic Landry vs Allen confrontations of the 70s.

Worth noting the Jets wore white at home vs. DAL in a primetime game last meeting, granted it was opening weekend, but still has me wondering if they and NE might both wear white at home again. I'd say, realistically, at least one of the two will.

Archived