canzman

2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

Schedule is out, draft is in the books, Teams are in OTAs and the 2019 uniform changes are out so might as well get this post up on the board. Please know that the NFL is not doing jersey patches for the 100th season like they did with the 50th and 75th. They will instead replace the standard NFL shield on the collar of all jerseys with the 100season logo. I will not be doing this with my graphics. I'm not making all these changes just for one season. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

2019 Hall Of Fame Game
Broncos @ Falcons
eOisf2F.jpg565i8lS.jpg

Holy jeez, could the uniform matchup for the HOF game possibly be any more boring?

It's NFL-100 FGS, the league should have gone away from the one-helmet rule in time for the reason, they sure messed up by not doing so, because it's inevitable that it's gonna happen, so why not now .. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Love the one helmet rule.... May it last forever.

Of course you do, Minnesota has always had virtually the same helmet.

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Of course you do, Minnesota has always had virtually the same helmet.

Not necessarily. While it's always been a Purple Helmet with a White Horn on it, we have gone through 4 shades of Purple. A very dark shade from 1961 until the 1979, a more plum shade of purple until 2001, a bright metallic shade until 2013, and our current Matte helmet finish. Throw in size changes in 1969 and a New Horn in 2006 too.

Anyone hear of any confirmed alternate/throwback uniform games yet for the 2019 season?

So far we know Miami is in white throwback Wk 2 vs. NE

Pittsburgh will wear throwback and color rush (no opponents announced though)

If history is any indication, Houston will be in all white Wk 2 vs. JAC in their home opener

It's very likely that CLE will wear Color Rush Wk 3 on SNF vs. LAR and Wk 11 on TNF vs PIT

My guess is the Giants will wear the white CR unis against Washington at home on 9/29.  They wore them two years ago against the Cowboys and last year against the Eagles.  Might as well make it a divisional trifecta.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Anyone hear of any confirmed alternate/throwback uniform games yet for the 2019 season?

So far we know Miami is in white throwback Wk 2 vs. NE

Pittsburgh will wear throwback and color rush (no opponents announced though)

If history is any indication, Houston will be in all white Wk 2 vs. JAC in their home opener

It's very likely that CLE will wear Color Rush Wk 3 on SNF vs. LAR and Wk 11 on TNF vs PIT

The Bills will probably go mono-white throwbacks in Miami, with the Dolphins using their throwbacks. I would live the Bills to break out that same combo in Dallas on Thanksgiving, with the Cowboys in blues (perhaps color rush white pants).

I also think the Titans will wear light blue tops in Cleveland week 1, even if it is cool enough for their navies. The Browns tend to go mono-white for their recent home openers.

In recent seasons, the Denver Broncos have worn their alternate navy blue jerseys for prime-time and late-season home games. Though there is no official word yet, I get the feeling that this will be the second consecutive season in which the Broncos will wear their all-navy uniforms vs. the Kansas City Chiefs (Week 7 - Thursday night, 10/17). I'm predicting the navy jersey/white pants combo vs. the Detroit Lions in Week 16 (12/21 or 12/22). The orange color rush uniform is anyone's guess at this point.