2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

Schedule is out, draft is in the books, Teams are in OTAs and the 2019 uniform changes are out so might as well get this post up on the board. Please know that the NFL is not doing jersey patches for the 100th season like they did with the 50th and 75th. They will instead replace the standard NFL shield on the collar of all jerseys with the 100season logo. I will not be doing this with my graphics. I'm not making all these changes just for one season. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

2019 Hall Of Fame Game
Broncos @ Falcons
eOisf2F.jpg565i8lS.jpg

Preseason Week 1
Preseason Week 2
Preseason Week 3
Preseason Week 4

Regular Season Week 1
Regular Season Week 2

Regular Season Week 3
Regular Season Week 4

Regular Season Week 5

Regular Season Week 6

Regular Season Week 7
Regular Season Week 8
Regular Season Week 9

Regular Season Week 10

Regular Season Week 11

Regular Season Week 12

Regular Season Week 13
Regular Season Week 14

Regular Season Week 15

Regular Season Week 16
Regular Season Week 17

Post Season Wild Card Round

Post Season Divisional Round

Post Season Championship Round

Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy jeez, could the uniform matchup for the HOF game possibly be any more boring?

It's NFL-100 FGS, the league should have gone away from the one-helmet rule in time for the season, they sure messed up by not doing so, because it's inevitable that it's gonna happen, so why not now .. 

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Of course you do, Minnesota has always had virtually the same helmet.

Not necessarily. While it's always been a Purple Helmet with a White Horn on it, we have gone through 4 shades of Purple. A very dark shade from 1961 until the 1979, a more plum shade of purple until 2001, a bright metallic shade until 2013, and our current Matte helmet finish. Throw in size changes in 1969 and a New Horn in 2006 too.

da0Lbhs.png

Anyone hear of any confirmed alternate/throwback uniform games yet for the 2019 season?

So far we know Miami is in white throwback Wk 2 vs. NE

Pittsburgh will wear throwback and color rush (no opponents announced though)

If history is any indication, Houston will be in all white Wk 2 vs. JAC in their home opener

It's very likely that CLE will wear Color Rush Wk 3 on SNF vs. LAR and Wk 11 on TNF vs PIT

On 5/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Anyone hear of any confirmed alternate/throwback uniform games yet for the 2019 season?

So far we know Miami is in white throwback Wk 2 vs. NE

Pittsburgh will wear throwback and color rush (no opponents announced though)

If history is any indication, Houston will be in all white Wk 2 vs. JAC in their home opener

It's very likely that CLE will wear Color Rush Wk 3 on SNF vs. LAR and Wk 11 on TNF vs PIT

The Bills will probably go mono-white throwbacks in Miami, with the Dolphins using their throwbacks. I would live the Bills to break out that same combo in Dallas on Thanksgiving, with the Cowboys in blues (perhaps color rush white pants).

In recent seasons, the Denver Broncos have worn their alternate navy blue jerseys for prime-time and late-season home games. Though there is no official word yet, I get the feeling that this will be the second consecutive season in which the Broncos will wear their all-navy uniforms vs. the Kansas City Chiefs (Week 7 - Thursday night, 10/17). I'm predicting the navy jersey/white pants combo vs. the Detroit Lions in Week 16 (12/21 or 12/22). The orange color rush uniform is anyone's guess at this point.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, msubulldog said:

I also think the Titans will wear light blue tops in Cleveland week 1, even if it is cool enough for their navies. The Browns tend to go mono-white for their recent home openers.

I was thinking the same. It seems the Titans have only played at Miami and Jacksonville in recent early season meetings, so I'm quite curious what they decide in a warmer climate.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:39 PM, dherrera_96 said:

In recent seasons, the Denver Broncos have worn their alternate navy blue jerseys for prime-time and late-season home games. Though there is no official word yet, I get the feeling that this will be the second consecutive season in which the Broncos will wear their all-navy uniforms vs. the Kansas City Chiefs (Week 7 - Thursday night, 10/17). I'm predicting the navy jersey/white pants combo vs. the Detroit Lions in Week 16 (12/21 or 12/22). The orange color rush uniform is anyone's guess at this point.

I could see them doing Color Rush Wk 7 vs KC to change it up and since it's a Thursday. I agree with Detroit as a navy opponent, as  Denver tends to wear navy in its second to last home game, which this happens to be, and it is also a candidate for one of 3 Saturday games. The team wore navy vs. Cleveland on Saturday Wk 15 last season. I'd say their other navy game will be Wk 6 vs. TEN and if not DET, then Week 13 vs LAC, whom the team hasn't worn navy against since 2012, the first season of orange alts as the standard homes.

Taking a look at the Pats schedule to predict what each team could wear:

Week 1: New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• We should see the same thing we did in 2015. Standard uniforms for both teams, with the Patriots wearing a special jersey patch.

Week 2: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• White throwbacks for the Dolphins, so I'd assume the Pats will be in their home uniforms.

Week 3: New England Patriots vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• This is tough to call, with the Jets wearing new uniforms and having a new coach. New England will wear their blue over grey at home, and I'd guess the Jets wear white over green.

Week 4: New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• Standard home vs standard road.

Week 5: New England Patriots at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• Last year, the Redskins wore maroon over white for most of their home games. I'd guess that continues, with the Patriots countering in their usual road uniforms.

Week 6: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFL Network/Amazon**)

• Color rush for both teams. The Pats have consistently worn them on Thursday night, as have the Giants. In addition, New England may try to avoid the typical home vs road matchup, in which they have lost the last 3 games.

Week 7: New England Patriots at New York Jets, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)

• In their second, and last, prime-time home game of the year, I would expect New York to showcase their all black uniforms. The Patriots would wear white over blue.

Week 8: New England Patriots vs. Cleveland Browns, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• In the last two seasons, the Patriots have worn their color rush uniforms in one non-Thursday game. Don't be surprised if they decide to break out the all-blue for the second time in 2019 against Cleveland. Guessing what the Browns will wear is more difficult, but based on last season, I'd guess they white over orange with brown socks.

Week 9: New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens*, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• Predicting what the Ravens would wear used to be easy. After they wore 10 different uniform combinations last year, however, that can no longer be said. In their first home prime-time game, I'd guess they wear black uniforms with either black or purple pants. I'll pick black. The Pats would be in their standard road uniforms, setting up a uniform rematch of their 2007 Monday night tilt. 

Week 10: BYE WEEK

Week 11: New England Patriots at Philadelphia Eagles, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• This should be a uniform rematch of Super Bowl LII, minus the jersey patches. White over blue against green over white. 

Week 12: New England Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)

• If the Pats don't wear their color rush against the Browns, this could be an option. However, the Pats have gone light at home the last two times they've played Dallas at Gillette. I'm guessing they go white over navy at home, forcing the visiting Cowboys into their navy jerseys. They would likely pair them with their grey pants.

Week 13: New England Patriots at Houston Texans*, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

• Although the Texans wore their red over white in their 2015 home Sunday night contest against New England, I do not expect a repeat this year. Houston has made a habit of wearing blue over white in prime-time in recent seasons, and I don't expect that to change. This should be a navy-heavy contest, with the visitors sporting white over navy.

Week 14: New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

• This should be blue over grey vs white over red. These teams have settled into those pairings over the last few match-ups, and I don't see that changing this time around. There is an outside chance New England wears all-blue, but I find that unlikely this late into the season. Kansas City could also decide to wear white pants, which they haven't worn in New England since their 2015 playoff loss.

Week 15: New England Patriots at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• The Bengals have worn black over black in their second to last home game for the past two seasons. I predict they do it again in 2019, making this season a black-heavy one for the Patriots, who would wear their standard road uniform.

Week 16: New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills, TBD (TBD)

• For the third straight season, these two teams will face off in New England during week 16. The Bills have gone white over white and white over blue for each of the last two meetings. I'll stick with the recent trend and say the Bills go white over white against the Pats in blue over grey.

Week 17: New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)

• The Dolphins have worn white over aqua in their last three meetings in New England,, and after wearing all-white in their first match-up this season, I anticipate Miami will continue the trend and bring some color to this game. The Patriots will end the regular season in their standard home uniform. 

I'll have to come back to this in January to see how accurate I was. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Based on the uniform combinations the Vikings have worn since way back in November of 2016, I'm going to predict that this season Minnesota will wear purple over white at home, and white over purple on the road.  

As it should be. However, still hoping for a 60s throwback.

28 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

As it should be. However, still hoping for a 60s throwback.

That's the single break of the pattern I'd be willing to go for.  Once a year, preferably against Green Bay or Chicago, the Vikings should wear a 1969 home throwback. If they added that, and brought in a pair of white socks (with a stripe that echos the white jersey sleeve) to wear with the Purple pants, I'd never complain about any part of the uniform ever again.  

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's the single break of the pattern I'd be willing to go for.  Once a year, preferably against Green Bay or Chicago, the Vikings should wear a 1969 home throwback. If they added that, and brought in a pair of white socks (with a stripe that echos the white jersey sleeve) to wear with the Purple pants, I'd never complain about any part of the uniform ever again.  

I’d settle for a 1980s design with the full stripes and the white facemask.

img_4591.jpg

Wear that outfit against the Bears in all-white (but with navy socks), and you’d have a fantastic pairing.

19 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d settle for a 1980s design with the full stripes and the white facemask.

img_4591.jpg

Wear that outfit against the Bears in all-white (but with navy socks), and you’d have a fantastic pairing.

Yeah, that's nice, but I'm not a giant fan of that white mask (or any white mask TBH) and the jersey held together better to me when there was trim around numbers to match the stripes...

This is IMbiasedO one of the best looking uniforms in NFL history;\

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unfortunately, I think it's a product of the materials and cut of the 60's football uniform, and a modern throwback wouldn't have close to the same flavor.  You need the 3-quarter sleeves, knit-in stripes, durene body, and heavy-duty thick numbers that obviously wouldn't fly today. 

(Horns were painted on, too.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived