Los Angeles Hounds - NBA rebranding

FroBroStudio

Hello!

I've decide to do a personal rebrand of the LA Clippers. Funny how this team is how I started on this forum... anyways, feel free to critique while i show off my stuff. I'll be adding some more stuff in the coming weeks along with some more info about the designs.

spacer.png

654cd386e04d89e37fda7e8c23c5854f.png

9b0f4dde917ba7d6611788c79bc02893.png

b8e352051fa58800e1cb3b8fc3e80c3c.png

This is the association (light) jersey. The back is to "simulate" a Foxhound fur pattern of sorts.

01941268049b95313b1a4c6a2285c887.png

This is the Icon (dark) jersey.

788a6a08653a15ac41c96e393fecbe04.png

This is the Statement (Alternate no.1) Jersey.

16571be8e7fccdbd7c2bc3a208a187c2.png

And these are the City (Alternate no.2) Jerseys.

dbb6de2ba353f3901a578707c9925bf8.png

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Unfortunately, only the first image is loading for me. The logo looks great, although I'd get rid of the basketball in the ears, as it seems really forced.

Thanks for the heads up! I've edited the post so the images should show up.

25 minutes ago, cwilz305 said:

Thanks for the heads up! I've edited the post so the images should show up.

Well, everything but the uniforms are showing up. Also, there is no NBA mandate on having a basketball in the logo. The Hawks, Bulls, Cavs, Grizzlies, Blazers, and Spurs all do not have a basketball in their logo. Outside of that, everything thing here is really, really good.

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Well, everything but the uniforms are showing up. Also, there is no NBA mandate on having a basketball in the logo. The Hawks, Bulls, Cavs, Grizzlies, Blazers, and Spurs all do not have a basketball in their logo. Outside of that, everything thing here is really, really good.

Thanks again! Also, only the Blazers and Bulls don't have basketball logos as a secondary or as an alternate. I guessed there was a mandate but apparently not...

8 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

I really love this.  I'm not sure if it's necessary to re-brand the Clips, but it could definitely work somewhere in the league.  Great stuff.

Thanks! I figured with the whole Sterling ouster and the initial rebrand they did after combined with the lease being up in 2024 at the Staples Center, i figured doing a absolute break from the Sterling era down to the very name would be best. Even though the Clips have a chance of winning it all this year...

And now to add the courts. Figured since Steve Ballmer is the owner, call the arena the Microsoft Arena.

This is the core court to be used year round.

spacer.png

And this is the city edition court.

spacer.png

Hopefully these show up on the first go.

Enjoy!

18 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Why you didn’t add the san diego clippers ? Or in general why that clippers logo to represent that era of the team? Why such a widely hated set, and their youngest?

... Good question.

Well, why honor a crappy team with a decent identity but an incompetent owner (D. Sterling) when I have a chance to honor a good team with atrocious branding but competent ownership (S. Ballmer)? I've decided while designing the court and the city jerseys to pay respect to the Doc Rivers era which started with Lob City and the Sterling ouster along with their Buffalo Braves years when they were good but struggled with management.

Also their current branding is still atrocious but should they win it all in the years to come with their look now; the majority fans would end up seeing that logo as a championship calibur logo no matter how ugly the logo is.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, cwilz305 said:

And now to add the courts. Figured since Steve Ballmer is the owner, call the arena the Microsoft Arena.

This is the core court to be used year round.

spacer.png

And this is the city edition court.

spacer.png

Hopefully these show up on the first go.

Enjoy!

The color scheme on the City court is fantastic. 

Not sure I'd use the H-ball logo four times on the regular court. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, WSU151 said:

The color scheme on the City court is fantastic. 

Not sure I'd use the H-ball logo four times on the regular court. 

Yeah, I had an issue with the four H-Balls logo my self. But I really didn't want a bare court either. Maybe more research required...

I like how you snuck the body of a dog into some of the lettering. I'm not a fan of the Toronto Raptor style uniforms for the primary home and aways. 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, Blindsay said:

I personally think that the dog looks kind of depressed....... good work tho!

If you rotate the eyes down a bit he can get a bit of a meaner look without having to do anything with the mouth.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I like how you snuck the body of a dog into some of the lettering. I'm not a fan of the Toronto Raptor style uniforms for the primary home and aways. 

If you rotate the eyes down a bit he can get a bit of a meaner look without having to do anything with the mouth.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Unfortunately, only the first image is loading for me. The logo looks great, although I'd get rid of the basketball in the ears, as it seems really forced.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, Blindsay said:

I personally think that the dog looks kind of depressed....... good work tho!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, Balu the Bare said:

Something about the bottom lip is bugging me and I’m wondering if it would look better without it. Also, maybe angle the eyes a bit? I also see a medium depressed dog there.

The Jerseys are pretty great!

And here's a few logo variants. Don't know about the lips; I do like the eyes adjustment while the no basketball ears leave me wanting more...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, cwilz305 said:

And here's a few logo variants. Don't know about the lips; I do like the eyes adjustment while the no basketball ears leave me wanting more...

spacer.png

The ears feel a tad big, which is why without shoehorning the ball in there it looks blank, and the eyes give more of a depressed look, make the pupils bigger and furrow it’s brow a bit more to make it more aggressive. I’d also make the dots on the lips (?) less organized and more organic and natural looking

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

New Hound Logo!

spacer.png

And now a few things to note:

1. Bigger eye and turned for more aggression. Added a brow of sorts for more attitude.

2. Fur is less of a "splat" and slightly more fur like.

3. Removal of lower lip to make the Foxhound younger. Also dots on side are less grid like for a more natural feel.

This display is similar to the official flag of Los Angeles just in Hounds' Colors.

Special thanks to all for these suggestions!

Archived