7 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

I personally suggest either adding pinstripes to the cap or removing pinstripes from the jersey and pants. As it stands now, it kinda looks like pajamas to me lol. Just my 2¢ though.

Eh, goofy uniforms are kind of an Astros "tradition". 😃

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

I personally suggest either adding pinstripes to the cap or removing pinstripes from the jersey and pants. As it stands now, it kinda looks like pajamas to me lol. Just my 2¢ though.

I'd really prefer to keep the pinstripes on the alternate so here is that set with a pinstriped cap:

ASTROS ALT:

spacer.png

Up today we have the San Diego Padres!

PADRES HOME:

spacer.png

PADRES ROAD:

spacer.png

PADRES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

PADRES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one is bound to piss off a few people as I put the Padres right back in navy blue! I settled on the double blue color combo as used by the Toreros of San Diego University. Triple blue if you count the sky blue road set. 

C&C please. The Cardinals are next! 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Padres x University of San Diego Toreros 5/27)
5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'd really prefer to keep the pinstripes on the alternate so here is that set with a pinstriped cap:

ASTROS ALT:

spacer.png

Up today we have the San Diego Padres!

PADRES HOME:

spacer.png

PADRES ROAD:

spacer.png

PADRES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

PADRES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one is bound to piss off a few people as I put the Padres right back in navy blue! I settled on the double blue color combo as used by the Toreros of San Diego University. Triple blue if you count the sky blue road set. 

C&C please. The Cardinals are next! 

It does remind me of the Royals somewhat, but I actually don’t mind this color scheme for the Padres. Nice job!

Edit: Almost forgot to mention - the pinstriped cap is definitely a nice addition to the Astros set IMO. :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

It does remind me of the Royals somewhat, but I actually don’t mind this color scheme for the Padres. Nice job!

Edit: Almost forgot to mention - the pinstriped cap is definitely a nice addition to the Astros set IMO. :)

Thanks!

We finish the week with the Cardinals:

CARDINALS HOME:

spacer.png

CARDINALS ROAD:

spacer.png

CARDINALS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

This one is a pretty radical departure from the team's actual uniforms as I dropped the Cardinals' iconic birds on the bat chest logo. The design inspiration comes from the University of St. Louis-Missouri Tritons which uses a deeper red, gold and black. Since I went with a charcoal gray road set, the red alternate would only be worn at home. 

As always, C&C appreciated. The Yankees are next!

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Cardinals x UMSL Tritons 5/28)
On 5/30/2021 at 8:22 AM, Victormrey said:

I like the retro-ish approach to the Cardinals set, I think you perfectly combined that style with the Tritons colours.

The Toreros' colours really fit the Padres. That away uni is abeauty!

Thank you!

Up today we have the New York Yankees!

YANKEES HOME:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD:

spacer.png

YANKEES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the most storied franchise in Major League Baseball, I used the Columbia University Lions for inspiration.  Columbia blue becomes the primary color with navy as the secondary--sort of a reverse Rays. 

Only two teams left. The Giants are on deck!

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Yankees x Columbia University Lions 6/1)

We end the week today with the Giants!

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD:

spacer.png

GIANTS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

With the A's adopting navy and gold, I figured that left open the door for a different team to seize the A's classic green and gold color scheme. I looked to their rivals across the bay and put the Giants in the color of the University of San Francisco Dons. I also brought back the Giants 1983-93 logo, home script and number style to switch things up a bit.  

C&C appreciated. The Blue Jays are the final team in the series! I'll have them up soon. 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Giants x University of San Francisco Dons 6/4)

Looks good but has the same "problem" (quotations deliberate) the Packers/Brewers alts did in that it's going to look like an A's palette swap. Of course, you clearly already know this, and the actual execution is good.

10 minutes ago, Coiler said:

Looks good but has the same "problem" (quotations deliberate) the Packers/Brewers alts did in that it's going to look like an A's palette swap. Of course, you clearly already know this, and the actual execution is good.

Thanks!

We end the series today with the Blue Jays!

BLUE JAYS HOME:
spacer.png

BLUE JAYS ROAD:

spacer.png

BLUE JAYS HOME ALT:
spacer.png

BLUE JAYS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the Jays, I used the colors of the University of Buffalo Bulls, as suggested by @Silence of the Rams.  Vest jerseys at home and on the road for a really late '90s-early 2000s look. I like to consider this a somewhat better executed version of the Black Jays look from the early 2000s. 

That's all 30 teams. If anyone has any requests or feels I really missed the mark on a team, let me know and I'll be happy to tackle your suggestions. Thanks again for following! 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Blue Jays x University of Buffalo Bulls 6/9)

The "T" on the cap instead of a bird looks a little Rangers-esque (not in a bad way, just my commentary). Otherwise, it looks like the Black Jays done right as you said, and the T logo is preferable to the "XTREME BIRB" of the real Black Jays.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:16 PM, coco1997 said:

We end the week today with the Giants!

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD:

spacer.png

GIANTS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

With the A's adopting navy and gold, I figured that left open the door for a different team to seize the A's classic green and gold color scheme. I looked to their rivals across the bay and put the Giants in the color of the University of San Francisco Dons. I also brought back the Giants 1983-93 logo, home script and number style to switch things up a bit.  

C&C appreciated. The Blue Jays are the final team in the series! I'll have them up soon. 

There’s something poetic about you choosing the a’s color palette for the giants here…long history of SF either stealing from or pushing out OAK…

Archived