Perth Wildcats asking for fan concepts for new uniform

pjrjhj

*Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread as I haven't posted on this site in probably over a decade.
Wildcats Jersey design competition

spacer.png
Australia's biggest and most successful Basketball Club the "Perth Wildcats"are asking fans for uniform concepts for the coming season.
They'd been one of the best attended clubs outside North America too with a crowd ave over 12000.
Was wondering if any of you would be keen of having a crack at designing a uniform for the competition. Their logo is in desperate need of an update or redo too.
spacer.png

The Wildcats have solid colours but never seem to be able to nail it, often with poor and unrelated typography, chopping and changing every season over the last decade. Sponsorship placement has also been messy.
They predominantly play in Red (the fan base is called the Red Army) since 2009.

founded in 1982, they originally utilized the Western Australian state colours of Black and Gold. They introduced white in 1987 and red accents in 1989 (from a sponsorship of a local Brewery).
In 1995 they dropped the Gold and standard white home Singlet for a Black home Singlet with secondary colours of Red and Grey/silver. They wore variations of Black till 2008.
Since then, the club has really embraced Red at the dominant colour though there's some nostalgia for the Uniforms of the late 80's to mid 90's.

spacer.png

*Some of their Singlets over the years. Championships in 2, 4, 5 ,7 (7 is the current Singlet). 8 and 9 being city round and indigenous round one offs.

They suit a more dynamic modern design than a standard traditional block letter Basketball uniform. They have almost always worn V neck Singlets. They have also often had the front numbering offset or above the team name (like in Euroleague basketball).

Colours: Red
Secondary colours (or away) colours: Black, White
Accent (or alternative) colours: Grey/Silver, Yellow/Gold

Portland and Toronto uniforms would be in the ballpark.

spacer.png

Since this is a news item about a contest and not a user-created concept, I'm going to move this over to Sports Logos News. If anyone is entering the contest, though, and wants feedback on a concept, I would encourage you to post that in the Concepts forum.

Designing a basketball uniform, especially in Australia, is probably the least appealing idea to me. No matter what you design it will ultimately be compromised/altered to suit the manufacturers' requirements, not to mention it will be defaced by about 7 sponsor logos ontop of it. But hey, I would love to see some concepts from people with a bit more enthusiasm for the brief. Are they going to be updating the logo too? Seems a bit vague without looking into it myself.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm being overly optimistic in what the Wildcats have planned and that maybe some people on here vastly more talented than myself have a crack at it.
The inhouse "First Ever" brand the NBL wear isn't amazing and looks a little cheap but they're better than some past makers like ISC.The collars are safe, shoulders a little too wide. Shame they moved away from Mitchell & Ness.
I accept that lesser leagues will have sponsors crowding the uniforms but I wish all Australian sports could follow the AFL in their Sponsorship template bylaws of designated small sponsor on the chest opposite league logo and a larger one below the Back number.

• 2 weeks later...

Had I known that they only preferred Austalian-based candidates (phone number is required for the submission form), all of you will never see the picture below. 

But since I'm from Canada, I can't join the contest. So I'll just show it here, hoping people from the Perth Wildcats club would see it at some point.

oHIbF9u.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how that design is going to reconcile with all the sponsor logos that need to go on it. At least it's not safe. I'll praise it for that. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

16 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Here's the winner:

Eyes on the jersey? Innovative. May be weird to some, but I like it. 

It's like they distributed blank jersey coloring pages inside Hungry Jack happy meals just to see what the kids could come up with. Genius!

Archived