MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's not a legal thing, at least I don't think it is. If you're going to use a flag as an element I don't think you should recolor it to fit your color scheme. 

Apparently for Chicago, there is the Municipal Code of Chicago, and according to Wiki -

Per the Municipal Code of Chicago, it is unlawful to use the flag, or any imitation or design thereof, except for the usual and customary purposes of decoration or display. Causing to be displayed on the flag any letter, word, legend, or device not provided for in the Code is also prohibited. Violators are subject to fines between $5.00 and $25.00 for each offense

So in some cases, there could be legal stuff you have to go through.

And I totally agree that recolouring the flag to fit your colour scheme isn't exactly optimal. If DC United could somehow incorporate the flag of DC without changing the white to black, that would improve the logo a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

passed a digital billboard on way in to work today w a huge blank jersey for todays big CLT-FC kit reveal...

same ad, different place (photo: CLTFC)

spacer.png

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

While we wait for Charlotte’s kit to drop, here’s the kit matchup for Saturday’s MLS Cup. Should be a really special atmosphere in Providence Park, and the kit matchup is gonna be just as special. Easily one of the best in recent memory IMO:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, aawagner011 said:

Surprised I haven’t seen this posted yet. Looks like Charlotte’s inaugural kit has leaked. I like it a lot. Glad to see them going with an actual identity instead of a single color. MLS needs more stripes, sashes, contrasting sleeves, halved designs, checkers, etc. I think this design would look best with white shorts and colored socks.

looks spot on, except for the collar and sleeve patches. 

authentic $140  vs replica $90

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

1 minute ago, pagan696 said:

looks spot on, except for the collar and sleeve patches. 

Yep, that's the replica it looks like. Matches MLS Store's Replica, which doesn't have the sleeve patches and collar striping.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Sponsor logo could definitely be smaller, and the sock stripes should be black to match the jersey and shorts, but otherwise it’s a very solid inaugural kit. The fact that it’s not black and not monochrome is a win in it of itself, but it’s also nice to see the Arsenal look return to the league since the Timbers and Rapids have both abandoned it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Sponsor logo could definitely be smaller, and the sock stripes should be black to match the jersey and shorts, but otherwise it’s a very solid inaugural kit. The fact that it’s not black and not monochrome is a win in it of itself, but it’s also nice to see the Arsenal look return to the league since the Timbers and Rapids have both abandoned it.

Quakes had a kit style in the naughties that was very similar to the Style of the Gunners shirt from 1998. Would love to see them go back to that look.
spacer.png

The Sounders had contrasting sleeves for their home in 2016 and that looked great.

For Charlotte, that is a really solid first kit.

12 hours ago, BC985 said:

Great job Charlotte! A fine first kit. 

Glad they went with that color combo--just like their stadium-mates.  I feel like they went really modest on the logo, however. With so many circle badges, they could have down more with the crown & CLT somehow, without a labeled ring.  Gotta ID with the masses first before making changes, I guess.  

Archived