Infrared41's Best And Worst Presented by BBTV with Special Guest Host infrared41 - 2021 Week 10

It feels weird guest hosting my own bit, but here we are. As this week's Special Guest Host, I have adjusted BBTV's disclaimer to reflect my approach.

Standard disclaimer: This thread is for the best and worst uniform matchups for any particular week.  These are simply my opinions, you're welcome (and encouraged!) to disagree. 

• Usually, the color matchup is the biggest factor.  While I like both the Raiders and Panthers uniforms, Raiders in standard road vs Carolina in standard home probably isn't going to win just due to similarity.  Same with Seahawks in mono-navy against Patriots in their standard road.  
  • I'm a traditionalist.  That being said, I think that things that look good to me look good, and things that look bad look bad.  There's modern uniforms I love, and some that I hate.  A uniform design could ruin even a spectacular color matchup - or maybe it won't.  It's unlikely that the Titans or Cardinals will ever show up on the 'best' list, regardless of matchup.  But maybe they will.  I  automatically penalize teams for wearing monochrome - It's highly unlikely that the mono-navy Seahawks will find their way to the best list on occasion, however the Chiefs in all red won't.
  • Lighting and weather play a role too.  Some matchups just look better in bright natural light, some look great in snow, and even the best one might look crappy in a dome under 5,000 kelvin light.
  • Going to try and do 3+2 (three best, 2 worst) but in reality, I'll just do whatever I want.  Also, I rarely watch games that aren't the Eagles, so I'm going mostly by watching highlights or google searching for images of the games.

Here we go for Week 10:

Best:

1. Chiefs - Raiders: Going into the week, there was little doubt that this game would top the best list. When the Chiefs rolled out the all white look, this one became a lock for the top spot. I like the Chiefs white over red look, but the all white looks great when matched up against the Raiders. Every game should look this good.

ApOQmye.png

Fox8Urs.png

2. Vikings - Chargers: Vikings in all white would have been even better, but this one still looked great. Odd color combination, but it works.

7XC3v6s.png

3. Buccaneers - WFT: The Washington's still look pretty good. Throw in the now great looking Bucs and it's more than enough for a spot on the best list. Good looking match up.

XSDl5mD.png

4. Seahawks - Packers: I'm not a big fan of Seattle's look, but the white over blue combo always looks good when matched up against the Packers.

4icLotc.png

Honorable Mentions:

1. Jaguars - Colts: This Jags combo is pretty solid. The Colts always look great. Normally, I'm not much of a stickler over socks, but the Jags would have looked even better with black and white socks.

N0XEPDh.png

2. Lions - Steelers: Detroit would have looked a lot better with the silver pants. Still not the worst looking game I've ever seen.

w8EmnTz.png

Worst:

1. Eagles - Broncos: White over black is the Eagles worst look. Throw in the Broncos in all orange and...well...yikes. Denver's color rush uniform is two thirds of the way to a great look. The helmet and jersey are great, just not with orange pants.

QRjCXIf.png

2. Saints - Titans: This is a "what could have been" game. Put the Titans in their previous uniforms and the Saints in gold pants and this one is on the best list. Instead, we got the "our shoulders are swords" Titans disaster of a uniform and a Saints team that can't seem to figure out just how awful those black pants really are.

QsTVVsC.png

And that, as they say, is that. Thanks @BBTV for letting me sit in this week. Have at it, kids.

BB52Big.jpg

Good to have you back for the week. This is a nice list: I agree with nearly all of your picks for each list, although I might flip around the orders a little bit.

Vikings-Chargers would be my personal #1, and probably will end up being my matchup of the year, honestly. I am biased since these are my two favorite uniforms in the NFL, and in their best combinations, respectively. The purple & white contrasts so beautifully with the powder & gold. I know you generally prefer white pants on the road @infrared41, but I think the purple pants were definitely the better choice here.

Similarly, I would have preferred red pants for the Chiefs against the Raiders, but this was still a classic matchup as always.

I’d probably have Browns-Patriots as my #3 best. Even though the navy pants at home aren’t ideal, I still think the Patriots’ update is criminally underrated, and the Browns’ orange played well off of it.

I’d bump Seahawks-Packers down to an Honorable Mention, and Lions-Steelers out of there because of Detroit wearing the plain white pants. Silver or blue pants would have both been massive improvements.

I agree with the worst list, Saints-Titans is especially disappointing considering what it could be.

To review, here is my personal list for the week:

Best

1. Vikings at Chargers

2. Chiefs at Raiders

3. Browns at Patriots

4. Buccaneers at Washington

Honorable Mentions

1. Seahawks at Packers

2. Jaguars at Colts

Worst

1. Eagles at Broncos

2. Saints at Titans

Looking forward to doing this again next week!

5 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I know you generally prefer white pants on the road @infrared41, but I think the purple pants were definitely the better choice here.

Normally, I like the purple pants, but I think all white against the Chargers would have looked better. The purple pants are too much...competition, I guess...for all the powder blue and gold. I think all white gives the game a better balance.

BB52Big.jpg

10 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I’d probably have Browns-Patriots as my #3 best. Even though the navy pants at home aren’t ideal, I still think the Patriots’ update is criminally underrated,

Put the Pats in either silver or white pants with the current home  jerseys and it's one of the better looks in the league.

BB52Big.jpg

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Put the Pats in either silver or white pants with the currenthome  jerseys and it's one of the better looks in the league.

Agreed. I’ve always wanted to see silver pants with the away jersey too, I think that would be an amazing look. It’d help when they play other navy-heavy teams, for sure.

I at first liked the OP, but then I saw Saints/Titans was a boo and I can't have that. I'm the one person on this site who loves the Saints' black pants in any combo. They just look sweet on them.

11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Put the Pats in either silver or white pants with the current home  jerseys and it's one of the better looks in the league.

The Pats could just have grey or silver pants with the blue and white tops and they'd be perfect. Their insistence on mono blue at home is so weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm the one person on this site who loves the Saints' black pants in any combo. They just look sweet on them.

I don’t think the Saints having black pants is inherently bad, personally, just that they would need stripes, and that gold pants would be the superior option in nearly every matchup, including this one.

I guess black pants would be good to have whenever they play the 49ers, or any other team that has heavy use of gold, like the Packers, maybe.

I've made my love for Bills/Chiefs well-known, but I think the common denominator is the Chiefs look awesome (when they're not all-red) and set up for really great- looking contrast no matter who they're playing against.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

As someone who not only dislikes San Francisco's black and white throwbacks (or whatever they pretend they are), but also wouldn't mind seeing the Rams fold just because of how bad their uniforms are, Monday night's game is easily the worst of the week for me.

Duly noted.

BB52Big.jpg

I personally do not think there were too many bad looking games this week. I thought most of the matchups looked solid. I guess here are a few random thoughts.

Philly-Denver: I actually thought white over black looked solid and I would like to see it more heck, I would even like them to start wearing it with their green jerseys. Denver though needs to abandon their current uniforms and make that color rush uni their permanent set. They just need to add white pants, a white jersey and striped socks and they would be complete.

Jags-Colts:  Indianapolis as always looks awesome and Jacksonville, for as overly simplistic their uniforms look, still look solid. The jags just need to add stripes to their pants and jerseys and they would look way better.

Rams-Niners: it still baffles me how LA botched their uniforms. Its like they were trying way too hard to "modernize" the uniforms everyone was asking for when they really could have just done the bare minimum and used those throwbacks they have been rocking for a few years and add a road counterpart. At least the Niner's 1994 throwbacks still look good.

Pats-Browns: I would actually put this in my best list. Cleveland as always looks awesome with the road jersey/orange pants combo. New England still has a good uniform set that I think would be improved if they had white pants and maybe some red pants to wear occasionally.

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

it still baffles me how LA botched their uniforms. Its like they were trying way too hard to "modernize" the uniforms everyone was asking for when they really could have just done the bare minimum and used those throwbacks they have been rocking for a few years and add a road counterpart.

All the Rams needed to do was sink a 2 inch putt. Instead, they somehow managed to take that 2 inch putt and knock the ball into a water hazard.

BB52Big.jpg

I guess I’ll be that guy...

The more I watched this game and it’s highlights, the more I started to really like the matchup.

spacer.png

Even when some SF players opted for all white below the waist, it still looked fine.

spacer.png

Now, would it have looked better if LA had worn the yellow pants? Absolutely, but the decision of all blue below the waist didn’t really take anything away from the matchup.

IMO, this ranks above Seahawks-Packers.

Archived