Heavy's NFL Europe thread 32/32 **Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns** THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Well that was kind of rude actually...

Now that I think of it, I agree and I apologize for that. Let me try again.

These concepts look uninspired. I looked at your other concepts (for instance, NFL ones) and these ones look merely like recolors of those. They look indistinctive, almost generic, like those unlicensed football games. Your NFL Europe is the most boring thing I see in these forums for some time. It's so bad that it doesn't even have "Europe" name anywhere. It looks like a cheap ripoff or a sunday league. The quality of the image is also very poor. Save this as PNG at least. If you're dealing with limited bandwidth, save it as a GIF, but NEVER AS A JPG.

If you want these concepts to get better, you need to add more thought to this. There is plenty of references and ways to use them. I'll adress just one as example: Barcelona Dragons.

Barcelona, as well as Catalonia itself, is well known by its flag, named "the four bars". Four red stripes on a golden background. It's pervasive to the city, and used much up to exhaustion, by FC Barcelona and other teams. Even Dragons used it.  It's a primary concept that you could have taken advantage of, but didn't. That's why your designs look generic and bland.

Hope this is less rude and more constructive now.

• Like 5

Anyway moving on Team 12....

spacer.png

Forming the backbone of the Fjord Division!

COPENHAGEN TOWERS
AIL4fc_F9OZATs3kfDvGi5A3eogLrLzcfheS80oL

Another actual team that does exist and a European titan amongst the competitors which has attracted rumors of ELF is Denmark's best team... I gave them a Giants look combined with the colors of the Ravens.... this was already done in mind considering the division is one of the tougher ones to survive.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's NFL Europe thread 12/32 **Copenhagen Towers**

I liked your update for the Thunder. Now I'm tempted to ask you to make the Monarchs yellow, or would it be too over the top?

For the Towers, why not try to make the tower itself into the helmet and pants stripe? Also try to make the purples match, the one on the helmet is lighter than on the jerseys.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

48 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I liked your update for the Thunder. Now I'm tempted to ask you to make the Monarchs yellow, or would it be too over the top?

Because it would be too much gold for eyes to handle... that gold is stupidly bright might I add.

49 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

For the Towers, why not try to make the tower itself into the helmet and pants stripe? Also try to make the purples match, the one on the helmet is lighter than on the jerseys.

The helmet I thought was dark purple and the uniform is lighter purple, I try to emulate as much as I can... probably do the pant stripe.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, heavybass said:

The helmet I thought was dark purple and the uniform is lighter purple, I try to emulate as much as I can... probably do the pant stripe.

Derp. That was a typo on my part. But still, nice to see the fix, although what you did for the pants stripe was not what I expected lol.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

I like the uniforms themselves, but you have only one that doesn't have block numbers. When the numbers are such a huge portion of a football uniform, it gets rather boring to look at the same font over and over and over again. That's my issue with all of your football concepts, the insistence on using a block font for every uniform.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

"kicks down the door"

I'm back.

"throws down team 13"

Enjoy the Belgrade Wolves of Serbia or as they call themselves...

spacer.png

VUKOVI BEOGRAD
AIL4fc_OF_zkXzxLTDJ4P2itw4p-oQFDqbw_6_PH

Before anyone asks why I went with the USC Trojans look... well that is because they do in fact LOOK like the USC Trojans and they are in reality one of the top Eastern Europeans American Football teams to exist... in fact one of their rivals is in fact the Wroclaw Panthers who are going to be part of the same division as them.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's NFL Europe thread 13/32 **Vukovi Beograd**

So I wasn't sure what to make this team... this is the team from Norway and in actual reality they have the Oslo Vikings except we have a couple of problems...

1, There's already a Viking team in Europe and they are in Austria.

2, They look like the Sooners of Oklahoma.

So I figured I would try something different... so I figured let's try association words to see if it would work...

I came up with the term Corsairs because ya know Pirates...

Unfortuately that was where I came up stumps...

So I figured :censored: it.

spacer.png

This is the....

OSLO CORSAIRS
AIL4fc-dT99sEjhISw7PykEgiaUpDq7epjbPUWFH

So yeah this is what happens when you mix two sets of greens, one Hunter the other Viking... Off White accompanies both and yes they do look like the Jets... I tried not to make too much comparisons and yet in the Fjord division they are the team often picked on.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's NFL Europe thread 14/32 **Oslo Corsairs**

The idea isn't bad. The problems keeps being:

1. The lack of planning and thought. The lack of identity persists nonetheless.  What is the link between Pirates, Corsairs, Oslo, Norway and Green? That's why I call it generic. If you said this team was based on Nigeria, it would even have more distinctiveness, due to the link between green and Nigeria.

2. Execution. This is shoddy 15-minute job, let's be brutally honest here. You have different shadows of white in Corsairs numbers comparing front and back. How is it possible that you didn't even bother to check it out? Same in Vukovi. You are randomly recoloring things in Vukovi.  You're merely recoloring stuff, and for me it doesn't even pass the threshold of creativity.

• Like 3

One question, why Corsairs for Oslo, Norway?  A corsair is a pirate operating along the African coast of the Mediterranean, not really relevant to Oslo, Norway.  Maybe an Italian team, or a Greek team, or Istanbul, but not really a fit for Norway.  Maybe something about vikings, stags, wolves, blizzard, etc. 

• Like 1

This was the last team I did complete before the current slump i'm in.

spacer.png

Next up is in Romania, formed by the first team to establish themselves in Romanian American Football in 2005... the Warriors.

BUCHAREST REBELS

AIL4fc8K2GwN0IvYnzUO2ox7Y2z9H908XCJM54O8

Actual Rebels in Bucharest have black helmets but in context this had no bearing on the kit since there is a lot of blue and orange so I figured I turn them into classic Broncos...