Best helmet in college football?

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do any schools teach it any more?

It’s one of the most recognizable helmets in all of football

Considering this is a university, you'd think they'd know the difference between manuscript and cursive.

Doesn't mean it's good.

• Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

17 hours ago, dont care said:

One fairly small error doesn’t make it the worst either

Who says it’s an error? It’s a stylistic choice and an iconic helmet. Having grown up in south Florida in the late 70’s and 80’s that orange helmet is iconic and badass.

Imagine how destroyed UF would get on these boards if they unveiled that helmet today with a print "G" and cursive "ators". They would get Buffaslugged outta here!

Just. Because. There. Is. Is Tradition. Behind. It. Doesn't. Mean. It. Looks. Good.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Imagine how destroyed UF would get on these boards if they unveiled that helmet today with a print "G" and cursive "ators". They would get Buffaslugged outta here!

Just. Because. There. Is. Is Tradition. Behind. It. Doesn't. Mean. It. Looks. Good.

We would go “oh they jumped on the trend of 100 other schools, great colors though. And them matching the stripes to the rest of their uniform that way is genius.”

• Dislike 2

• 1 month later...

I'm a weirdo in that I think "word" helmets in HS and college are cool.  I like the Gators, UCLA, the ILLINOIS , et al.  There's just something refreshingly "amateur" about it that warms my heart.

The worst helmets in HS or NCAA are any that use a "paw print" logo, which seems to be the default for low-budget high school programs named after something with paws.  When in Jr High, if we played one of those teams (and we played at least 3 teams that used the same stupid paw every year), I always thought their cheerleaders looked stupid with paw prints painted on their faces.  Why would you want to look like some animal just ran across your face?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm a weirdo in that I think "word" helmets in HS and college are cool.  I like the Gators, UCLA, the ILLINOIS , et al.  There's just something refreshingly "amateur" about it that warms my heart.

The worst helmets in HS or NCAA are any that use a "paw print" logo, which seems to be the default for low-budget high school programs named after something with paws.  When in Jr High, if we played one of those teams (and we played at least 3 teams that used the same stupid paw every year), I always thought their cheerleaders looked stupid with paw prints painted on their faces.  Why would you want to look like some animal just ran across your face?

Clemson is the only team who I think should really have a paw print logo.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:32 AM, Cujo said:

I think the biggest problem with the UF helmet is that they could do so much that is obviously better than the 'Gators'. UF has that old logo of U above the F with a gator on top of the state of Florida. Really an amazing logo that would look perfect on a white helmet.