Best helmet in college football?

Since this is from The Spun, I'm surprised the headline isn't "College Football World Reacts To Naming Of Best Helmet".

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, VikWings said:

Florida-State-helmet.jpg

This is the correct answer.

Point blank, period, end of story, ain't no discussion. This one. That. Right. There.

Spoiler

😁

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 4/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, tBBP said:

This is the correct answer.

Point blank, period, end of story, ain't no discussion. This one. That. Right. There.

Hide contents

😁

That shell color is bbland. Give me an old gold, not this.

It's where I sit.

• 6 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, 8BW14 said:

I think it’s gotta be Michigan right? I think the new finish and dark bumpers/chinstrap make it even better

spacer.png

Even as an Ohio State fan, it's hard not to say Michigan. As much as I love our silver caps and wouldn't change a thing, the winged helmets are undeniable.

Agreed on the bumper, but I'm not sure which finish I prefer. The stickers should end, though. They clutter up an otherwise perfect helmet. Like sure, maybe a few on the back but by the end of the season they look silly. It's not like the Buckeyes where it's a blank slate to fill up.

Some of my favorites...

Tulane white: That green wave is a perfect college logo (just look at him!), their colors are gorgeous, and somehow the chrome decals work here.

2020-1-tulane-at-south-alabama.png?16018

Indiana script: The trident is great as well, but these are gorgeous and should get a game a year at least. Had a hard time finding a good photo, which is a damn shame.

20180922_FB_MSU_0218_MCM.JPG&f=1&nofb=1&

K-State: Love the use of purple to make the white pop on a silver helmet, great balance.

858791808-kansas-state-v-texas.jpg-850x5

Michigan State profile logo: Green and white is a great combo. The logo is one of the best in the sport. And the tapered stripe is a subtle way to incorporate a logo element into the uniform. Alternates should be used sparingly, they've never topped this IMO, a modern classsic.

1282015467.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2f7b75d25

Navy (Army game 2012): The uniforms in this game are always interesting, but this year has stuck with me. It's unique and cool and screams NAVY. Don't think they've reached these heights since.

1000w_q95.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=abfc28ae35b

• Like 5

My favorites: 

71374492008.gif 6090.gif 62222272019.gif 86566452019.gif79373322018.gif

5426.gif(I actually like the one with the two white stripes going down the middle)

I like boring, I guess. I like silhouettes (Iowa, Texas) and letters. I think the "I State" logo is nice and really love their look (though I liked it a bit better when it first came out with a red/burgundy mask and more traditional jerseys).

One no longer in use (or is it): 4938.gifEven with their shenanigans, I think this helmet had a chance to be a modern classic if worn with all their other looks. I really don't like the winged helmets. My tastes (don't love Michigan, don't like numbers on helmets, don't like over-done logos like Fresno State, or blanks like Penn State) are pretty unpopular overall.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

a few of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet

C'mon. This thread should not have gone this long without mentioning it. I can't stand Ohio State, but they have the best helmet - and perhaps the best uniforms - in college football.

EfiPkHD.jpg

Love the finish on this one, it instantly improves any combo Cincy wears. They should only use this one and the black one. Their uniforms need a bit more red to balance out the mostly-black jerseys.
AOBQDrA.jpg

Wasn't a huge fan of the uniform set this helmet went with, nor do I think it should be what the Illini wear, but I absolutely love this helmet. The shade of orange against the navy facemark and bumper work super well, and the slight lighter orange outline prevents the colors from bleeding together too much.

uHL1dsT.jpg

• Like 7
  • Dislike 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

17 hours ago, PERRIN said:

C'mon. This thread should not have gone this long without mentioning it. I can't stand Ohio State, but they have the best helmet - and perhaps the best uniforms - in college football.

Well I didn't wanna be a homer about it... I love when they are blank to start the year and I love seeing them filled up by The Game.

I've always preferred the below for Illinois, but I've warmed up to the block I.

141675a_lg.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a9c190a55

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, DCarp1231 said:

IMO, the best helmet(s) in College Football belong to Oklahoma State with their Cowboys script helmets

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

good helmets yes, I don't know if I'd say best in all of CFB. 

sidebar, OSU needs to seriously pick a lane and stick with it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png