Tampa Bay Buccaneers New Primary Logo [8/? Finished]

DCarp1231

Moving onto another shade of red and shade of yellow team…

Kansas City Chiefs

FRytvbbWYAE5riU?format=jpg&name=medium

For the Chiefs, I wanted to steer clear of Native American imagery in favor of something that hits close to home for the city. BBQ.  Kansas City is famously known for their smoked and glazed meats and it’s about time one of their teams shares that sentiment. Gone is the arrowhead and in comes a BBQ sauce label. Out with Native American Chiefs and in with BBQ Pit Chiefs. The “KC” stays, but under a different font and is now white with yellow outline. The team now carries a new wordmark font (same as the “KC” logo). 

C&C welcome as always

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Kansas City Chiefs New Primary Logo [7/? Finished]
On 5/5/2022 at 8:08 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Any recommendations on improving the shape?

There are so many label shapes that I don't think you can use one and people will automatically think BBQ. Maybe it's the wrong idea. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 10:26 PM, ralphz said:

There are so many label shapes that I don't think you can use one and people will automatically think BBQ. Maybe it's the wrong idea. 

I'd agree that there is such a variety in label shapes that no one shape will automatically read BBQ; especially given how varied the regional preferences are. Something that may register as a prominent shape in one area will be unrecognizable in others.

Maybe focus on a different shape that's a bit more uniform, like the outline of a rack of ribs or a T-Bone steak, or a grill. You could possibly design the KC like a brand seared on top.

Since you're going in the BBQ direction, I'd also be interested in playing with the red color to skew it to a shade closer to the color of BBQ sauce, but it may be too much of a departure and too close to Washington so it may not work.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

2 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

I'd agree that there is such a variety in label shapes that no one shape will automatically read BBQ; especially given how varied the regional preferences are. Something that may register as a prominent shape in one area will be unrecognizable in others.

Maybe focus on a different shape that's a bit more uniform, like the outline of a rack of ribs or a T-Bone steak, or a grill. You could possibly design the KC like a brand seared on top.

Since you're going in the BBQ direction, I'd also be interested in playing with the red color to skew it to a shade closer to the color of BBQ sauce, but it may be too much of a departure and too close to Washington so it may not work.

Making look like BBQ sauce would look too much like Washington,. Maybe use a really dark red and use it like how the current logo uses black.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It’s been a bit. While I’m down and out from work for a couple weeks, I decided to pick up on this series for a quick minute.

The Tennessee Titans. Moving on from Greek Titans and into Music City Titans. For this one, I’m using guitar heads for a logo base. I can’t decide which one is a better shape to use. Or if I’m even going in the right direction.

spacer.png

C&C Appreciated as always!

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Tennessee Titans New Primary Logo [7/? Finished]
1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s been a bit. While I’m down and out from work for a couple weeks, I decided to pick up on this series for a quick minute.

The Tennessee Titans. Moving on from Greek Titans and into Music City Titans. For this one, I’m using guitar heads for a logo base. I can’t decide which one is a better shape to use. Or if I’m even going in the right direction.

spacer.png

C&C Appreciated as always!

You could use one as the primary and merge them to be the Two Tee's.

What would the Guitar bottom look like sideways with TITANS inside?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:15 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Tweaking the shape of the red portion while adjusting the positioning of the “KC”

FR9BDDmXoAET0Pr?format=jpg&name=medium

The Rockwell font (or modified Rockwell) - which is a free font on MS Word - just isn't doing anything for me. Really looks generic. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:46 AM, tigers said:

What would the Guitar bottom look like sideways with TITANS inside?

FevMt7qWAAAFxf0?format=jpg&name=large
I haven’t sold myself on the guitar shape. I think I’m heading in the right direction with the wordmark though.

Also, the more I look at the way the letters flow at the bottom, the more I see the beginnings of a mountain peak. Which is unintentionally a good fit for a team nestled near the great smoky mountains.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

FevMt7qWAAAFxf0?format=jpg&name=large
I haven’t sold myself on the guitar shape. I think I’m heading in the right direction with the wordmark though.

Also, the more I look at the way the letters flow at the bottom, the more I see the beginnings of a mountain peak. Which is unintentionally a good fit for a team nestled near the great smoky mountains.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Here’s another take, but foregoing the guitar shape in favor of the strings and the soundhole, which surrounds the purposely large “n” signifying the Titans place in Nashville, Tennessee

FevvhojWQAA5rtc?format=jpg&name=large

Happy Yes Yes GIF by State Farm

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 6 months later...
  • DCarp1231 changed the title to Tampa Bay Buccaneers New Primary Logo [8/? Finished]
24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Resurrecting the thread after a couple month hiatus-

We go down south into the NFC South for Tampa Bay-

FteehXbXgAEHbDZ?format=jpg&name=medium

C&C appreciated as always!

There's something kind of 60s-restaurant-sign about this that I like. I understand what you're going for here, but I think I get it only because I know that Tampa Bay uses a sword on a flag already. In a vacuum it doesn't read that way. I realize it would probably take some doing to keep the simple, angular look while also working it more toward looking like a flag. But connecting the T portion with the B portion would help. Also, there are several inconsistencies that could be cleaned up, like the lighter stroke weight on the hilt and handle, the fact that you can see a little tiny bit of the blade under the hilt (on the right), and the end of the blade coming close to, but not lining up with, the top of the flag. Tighten that up and get the flag looking a bit more like a flag, and you've got something fun going.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:55 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

There's something kind of 60s-restaurant-sign about this that I like. I understand what you're going for here, but I think I get it only because I know that Tampa Bay uses a sword on a flag already. In a vacuum it doesn't read that way. I realize it would probably take some doing to keep the simple, angular look while also working it more toward looking like a flag. But connecting the T portion with the B portion would help. Also, there are several inconsistencies that could be cleaned up, like the lighter stroke weight on the hilt and handle, the fact that you can see a little tiny bit of the blade under the hilt (on the right), and the end of the blade coming close to, but not lining up with, the top of the flag. Tighten that up and get the flag looking a bit more like a flag, and you've got something fun going.

Thanks for the feedback!

After some thinking, I wanted to lose the fold. It didn’t look right to me. Here’s some alternate looks-

Hurricane Flag

FtojrpXXgAc45c3?format=jpg&name=medium
Swapped the square for TB that is meant to look like an old english B (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)-

FtopEsCWcAAxOLA?format=jpg&name=medium

On 5/2/2022 at 7:22 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Moving onto another shade of red and shade of yellow team…

Kansas City Chiefs

FRytvbbWYAE5riU?format=jpg&name=medium

For the Chiefs, I wanted to steer clear of Native American imagery in favor of something that hits close to home for the city. BBQ.  Kansas City is famously known for their smoked and glazed meats and it’s about time one of their teams shares that sentiment. Gone is the arrowhead and in comes a BBQ sauce label. Out with Native American Chiefs and in with BBQ Pit Chiefs. The “KC” stays, but under a different font and is now white with yellow outline. The team now carries a new wordmark font (same as the “KC” logo). 

C&C welcome as always

I don't mind the approach you have with the BBQ theme, but I wish the insignia was more a fancy one kinda like the Monarchs/Blues ones.

QNXVyki.png