Tampa Bay Buccaneers New Primary Logo [8/? Finished]

DCarp1231

On 4/8/2022 at 8:28 AM, Philly's Phinest said:

From a consistency standpoint, that second one is right in line with their current striping, but I do prefer the top option. I love the incorporation of the silver and I think that font is spot on. Would be interesting to see overall what a set would look like with a red, gold and silver scheme for the Niners. As always - great work here. 

Thank you for the kind words and your feedback!

Here’s the logo with the new wordmark-

FQGgDQ-XsAsn7br?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

If there’s no other comments on SF, I’ll move onto the next team-

Back east with this one…

New York Jets

FQWJi6sVsAMTDnJ?format=jpg&name=medium

I wanted to incorporate a different approach to the “NY” monograms that have been made so popular by present and past New York teams as well as featuring pilot wings instead of more commonly use jet imagery.

C&C welcome as always!

• Like 4

• DCarp1231 changed the title to New York Jets New Primary Logo [HOU/GB/PIT/SF Finished]

I like the idea, but was very hard for me to see the NY, even though I was told it was there. It would like be even harder for a casual to notice, as it would just be some squiggly lines to them. Maybe close the ellipse and put the NY inside of it?

PS. Great job on San Francisco.

Edited by LA Fakers+ LA Snippers

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I like the idea, but was very hard for me to see the NY, even though I was told it was there. It would like be even harder for a casual to notice, as it would just be some squiggly lines to them. Maybe close the ellipse and put the NY inside of it?

PS. Great job on San Francisco.

Yeah, I definitely struggled a bit coming up with something that worked. I wanted to try something that felt different yet stayed true to a NY team.

I’ll work on it over the weekend to try to find some good ground.

As always, thank you for your input! It’s always appreciated 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 5:55 PM, DCarp1231 said:

New York Jets

I wanted to incorporate a different approach to the “NY” monograms that have been made so popular by present and past New York teams as well as featuring pilot wings instead of more commonly use jet imagery.

I really like the basis of this idea; AFAIK it's quite unique for a Jets concept! I think the monogram you've got is a start, but I agree with @LA Fakers+ LA Snippers; it's hard to read as-is. IMO you don't need the N to reach the oval's top and bottom; you can do those separately. You might also give the Y more breathing room, or add gaps at intersections w/ the N. Here's a quick sketch.

Lastly, I think the wings are way too chunky compared to the delicate letters. Thin them out, maybe go a bit more acute than those 90 corners.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, DCarp1231 said:

FPTSTVqXsAIiTMc?format=jpg&name=medium

I like this idea, and I think it's close... I'd mostly want to see the yellow move down to align with the red on the top right, and *maybe* some adjustments of the serifs' size to make the bottom serif a bit cleaner. Otherwise, this is my preferred take on the idea (and obviously the idea works, since TikTok's similar brand styling has served their omnipresence lol)

On 4/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, DCarp1231 said:

FPYnJFyXEAcxGwQ?format=jpg&name=medium

This entire set developed into a very retro-70s identity for the Steelers. Which, works well in my opinion as I wanted Pittsburgh to take on a new identity that still felt classic. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the outcome!

C&C appreciated as always!

That said, this works too, though I think this style is a bit unbalanced. I'd rather see it with the "sunrise" on opposite sides rather than appearing inside the secondary logo P. For readability, I think the wordmark could have the sunrise just on the left edge of the left S and right edge of the right S in "Steelers", but "Pittsburgh" should really be without it, maybe just solid yellow.

I do think for the primary logo, the circle outline itself should have the "sunrise" on both sides rather than just containing that multicolored section.

An update to the New York Jets-

Anything I was trying just wasn’t working. So, I went the simpler route and tried my best to give the current eclipse/football logo an update while still trying to feel classic to the Jets franchise-

FQqOppNX0AUD9pj?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Back east with this one…

New York Jets

C&C welcome as always!

I definitely like the idea of this one way more than the other one you did for the Jets. I always hated how the Jets rarely have truly embraced their team name except in subtle ways. However, like another user mentioned, the NY monogram is far too difficult to make out. I think there's definitely a way to simplify it while keeping the design.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Anything I was trying just wasn’t working. So, I went the simpler route and tried my best to give the current eclipse/football logo an update while still trying to feel classic to the Jets franchise-

First thing that came to mind was this would fit perfectly well as a Jets logo for Backyard Sports video game.

Throw it to Pedro!

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, DCarp1231 said:

First by a mile, this is more Blimp than Jet.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Thank you for the kind words and your feedback!

Here’s the logo with the new wordmark-

FQGgDQ-XsAsn7br?format=jpg&name=medium

This would be a lot better with a symmetrical-serifed base on the F. The extra wide serif on the right side makes it look more like an E. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here’s the next team-

A team that very recently and very unfortunately, crapped the bed with their rebrand.

Washington Commanders

FRZD8_6WQAEhxvv?format=jpg&name=large

Not sure how I feel about the roundel portion. I thought about making it solid white or gold, but wanted to replicate the striping of the logo.

C&C appreciated as always

• Like 1

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Washington Commaders New Primary Logo [6/? Finished]
9 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Don’t know about the bevel, but the shorter w with the helmet stripe looks nice. (you got the stripe color mixed up)

spacer.png

It was sort of intentional to swap the stripes. While I know it’s mixed up, I figured it’s better to showcase the middle stripe as white as it’s meant to resemble the Washington Monument. Then again, the monument itself isn’t totally white so I might play around with that.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Back east with this one…

New York Jets

C&C welcome as always!

I took the liberty of trying to build upon your logo idea, and tried to form an "NY" into something "jet-ish" looking.

HPjjgnk.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Solid roundel didn’t really look right.

Here’s some more options-

spacer.png

FReCpeVXwAA1N8h?format=jpg&name=900x900
FReCpeVXEAY4QWk?format=jpg&name=medium

I like the monument tie in......I took your ideas a step further and threw in a Capitol silhouette at the bottom.

DpkyZtr.jpg