MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Then don't buy one.🤨

They could make some 13 and 27 if they didn't have to make 44 ones,  just to  cater to idiots who don't know the year is 2023, and that a dead man will not be wearing that jersey on the field.

I am sorry, clown me all you want.....but making a authentic  on field jersey with a dead man's name is insane.

replica perhaps, but not these game jerseys

• Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

They could make some 13 and 27 if they didn't have to make 44 ones,  just to  cater to idiots who don't know the year is 2023, and that a dead man will not be wearing that jersey on the field.

I am sorry, clown me all you want.....but making a authentic  on field jersey with a dead man's name is insane.

replica perhaps, but not these game jerseys

What kind of dismissive disrespectful crap is this?   He's Henry Aaron, the symbol of the Braves, now in 2023, and for all time. 

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

i want an Acuna jr.  or Austin Riley jersey ...... not a :censored:ing hank arron  on field jersey in 2023!

😗

Someone who spits on Hank Aaron — and then cannot even spell his name — is no Braves fan, nor any kind of baseball fan.  Educate yourself.

(What kind of damn fools do we have running around here?)

49 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Sorry man, i got 99 problems but money ain't ' one of them

So the embarrassing ignorance is not limited to baseball history, then.  That's the first time I have seen two apostrophes in "ain't"!

• Like 7

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Cardinals announce their jersey ad.  I guess it could be worse, but I still hate it.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Hurl 4
  • Hate 1

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Mother:censored:er. That’s gross. :censored:. :censored:. :censored:. Glad Yadi and Albert never had to wear that :censored: ontheir sleeves. Hopefully they take the money from the god damn ad and buy some better :censored:ing pitchers 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Mother:censored:er. That’s gross. :censored:. :censored:. :censored:. Glad Yadi and Albert never had to wear that :censored: I their sleeves. Hopefully they take the money from the god damn ad and buy some better :censored:ing pitchers

Hey STIFEL, I get that you are a St. Louis based company, but I have no idea WTF you do besides brand our sports teams uniforms and buildings with your garbage ad. Kiel Opera house, Blues helmet, Blues jersey, and now the Cardinals jersey. Why don't you move out of the city like all the other Fortune 500s already and take your ads with you 🤣

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

18 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

Cardinals announce their jersey ad.  I guess it could be worse, but I still hate it.spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm conflicted here.

The ad matches the Cardinals uniform so well that if you didn't know any better you might just think that it was part of the uniform,  like a memorial patch for some ex player named Stifel or something. Is that a good thing or bad thing? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCoastBias said:

I'm conflicted here.

The ad matches the Cardinals uniform so well that if you didn't know any better you might just think that it was part of the uniform,  like a memorial patch for some ex player named Stifel or something. Is that a good thing or bad thing? 

The fact that the company's logo is so horizontal also helps. The league allows for a 4x4-inch patch, but the Cardinals said this one is 4 inches wide by 1-and-a-half tall. Quite a bit smaller than some patches. 

2 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I'm conflicted here.

Ad patches are a bad thing all together, but since it was inevitable, I’m glad it’s one word and matches.  It could’ve been worse I guess.  At least it wasn’t like the original Mets patch.

• Like 1

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

12 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I'm conflicted here.

It's infinitely better than having it stick out and not be in team colors, while simultaneously being infinitely worse than not having an ad at all

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Also, am I crazy for wishing MLB would of just done helmet ads instead? Like they've done in the past for international series. It's a much better look in my opinion and is at times more visible. 

I guess it's all inevitable and would of happened anyway, just like the NHL that started with the helmet and now has them on the jerseys. 

• Like 1

Now there is no doubt about it... it's the thing in 2023!

City Connect is now somehow a bastardization of former time periods and  their players

I mean, WTF?

-

spacer.png

-

Explain this one!

that was NOT available last season, so obviously something must have changed. 

-

https://www.mlbshop.com/los-angeles-dodgers/mens-los-angeles-dodgers-jackie-robinson-nike-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey/t-14663266+p-8231537436856+z-9-216212320?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r1c2:po-5&sku=17822329

-

And we see that Pittsburgh is coming out with a Clemente  CC jersey !

This whole CC thing just went south IMO 🤢 ....🤮

• Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 2

Sign me up for a Puddin' Head Jones Phillies jersey.  Hell, I'll preorder it RIGHT Fn NOW.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

Now there is no doubt about it... it's the thing in 2023!

City Connect is now somehow a bastardization of former time periods and  their players

I mean, WTF?

-

spacer.png

-

Explain this one!

that was NOT available last season, so obviously something must have changed. 

-

https://www.mlbshop.com/los-angeles-dodgers/mens-los-angeles-dodgers-jackie-robinson-nike-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey/t-14663266+p-8231537436856+z-9-216212320?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r1c2:po-5&sku=17822329

-

And we see that Pittsburgh is coming out with a Clemente  CC jersey !

This whole CC thing just went south IMO 🤢 ....🤮

Ok, you're literally just talking to yourself. I don't think you're gonna find anybody who agrees with you. At least not to the extent your taking this.

• Like 1

I see his point.  I really do.  But I realize that's the minority view, and it's certainly not something I feel strongly enough to argue about.  It's a strange hill to die on.  I remember seeing Randall Cunningham jerseys in the current midnight green and thinking how silly that was.  The dead player argument is an interesting one - since dead guys aren't in MLBPA, I wonder where any proceeds go.  If it goes to their families / estates / designated charities, then cool.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."