Kamloops Blazers Introduce New Uniforms

TruColor

This was in my inbox this morning...the Blazers themselves sent this to me to post:

0105edit.jpg

September 7th, 2004 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLAZERS INTRODUCE NEW JERSEYS

Kamloops, BC * The Kamloops Blazers will wear new home and away jerseys for the 2004-05 season, marking the first time since 1985 the club has undergone a fundamental change in what is worn on the ice by its players.

For the last 19 seasons, the Blazers have worn what has come to be known as their traditional blue-orange-and-white uniform style.  In 1998, the club introduced a third jersey, which remained active through the 2000-01 campaign.  However, the 2004-05 season will feature the first changes to the Blazers* base home and away uniforms.

The away jersey, which for the first 36 games of the WHL season will be the white jersey, is a throwback of sorts to the first-ever Blazer uniform introduced in the 1984-85.  The new white jersey features a main logo of the word *BLAZERS* stylized to commemorate the team*s first season as the Blazers.  The trim on the jersey and the socks have been scaled back, creating the more minimalist feel of the early to mid 1980*s.  The white jersey will retain the classic *Blazer B* logo in the form of shoulder patches.

The stylized *BLAZERS* text of the white jersey is the logo used on the 1984-85 uniforms and the club is commemorating 20 years of Blazer history by bringing that logo back.

The white jersey will make its debut on Saturday, October 2nd in Tri-Cities.

The home jersey, which for the first half of the season will be the dark jersey, is modelled directly after the third jersey of the NHL*s Vancouver Canucks.  The Blazers obtained permission from the Canucks* General Manager at the time, Brian Burke, in the spring of 2003 to base their new jersey on the popular Canuck design.  The logo on the front of the dark jersey remains the *Blazer B*.

The dark jersey will make its first on-ice appearance on Friday, September 24th versus Portland.

To go along with this identity change, the club has also altered its colours slightly.  The team will be using somewhat darker *Blazer Blue* and *Burnt Orange* as its main colours, moving away from the *Royal Blue* and *Orange* of the past.

The Western Hockey League is returning to a *jersey switch* plan for the coming season.  Teams will wear their dark jerseys at home prior to Christmas, then their white jerseys at home after Christmas.

*We*re excited that our fans get the chance to see both new jerseys this season,* says President Case van Diemen.  *It*s a new look that*s been well over a year in the making and we*re glad to finally be able to present these jerseys to the public.  We*re also looking forward to hearing what our fans think of the new designs.  We think it creates a more energetic and powerful look for our players on the ice.*

The replica jerseys are on order and fan orders for the new jerseys can be taken at the Blazers Corner Store at Sport Mart Place starting this Saturday.  The store will be open during Saturday*s exhibition game against the Kelowna Rockets.  Game time is 7:00pm.

Hmmmmm, not too sure on this one. When I think "Blazers," the first thing that comes to my mind is a capitol dome.

But seriously, I'm not a fan of gradients and that text on the white sweater is close to illegible. I don't really like either sweater.

I don't mind gradients--but this one doesn't work--it transforms too quickly, and most of it is hidden by the logo

The white one is just overkill--trying too hard...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

No, no, no. What they had before was fine, and classic.

If they're going to go with a modern style by applying the FUBU-effects to the dark jersey, they should have updated the logo, perhaps to the burning Man they had on their old alternates. A simple, older logo, doesn't fit on a modern style.

I can see what they were trying to accomplish with bringing back the wordmark for the white jersey, but it's unecessarily busy, and a little difficult to read from a distance.

Could be worse, they could have put Taz on their uniforms. :wacko:

Hmmmmm, not too sure on this one. When I think "Blazers," the first thing that comes to my mind is a capitol dome.

:hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley: thanks yale, i needed a laugh

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived