Major League Football

CrimsonBull9584

13 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Is no one going to talk about what happened with MLFB? 

I don't understand why leagues keep failing. Don't they know they need to have money saved up? Why are people not learning their lessons? Spring football DOES work, but it just won't stick. It's getting depressing.

We mentioned it elsewhere when the players reported getting kicked out of their hotels. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/16/2022 at 10:17 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Is no one going to talk about what happened with MLFB? 

I don't understand why leagues keep failing. Don't they know they need to have money saved up? Why are people not learning their lessons? Spring football DOES work, but it just won't stick. It's getting depressing.

You say 'I don't understand why leagues keep failing', and in the next sentence you say 'Don't they know they need to have money saved up'. Then you ask why people aren't learning their lesson? What part of that lesson haven't you learned? You state that you don't understand why leagues keep failing, yet you seem to know that they don't have the money.

Then, you say that 'Don't they know they need to have money saved up' followed by 'but it just won't stick' in the same sentence. Which one is it (answer - it doesn't work).

I love low level football. I've worked in the AIFA, CIFL, MSFL. I was a season ticket holder for 5 years (2-hour drive one way to games) for af2. Fans in general want to watch THEIR Team. Typically, that is their high school or college (not to mention the NFL), whether the one they attended or the one that they have a connection to for whatever reason. Those of us who love this type of football AREN'T indicative of the larger fanbase. Spring football won't work because it doesn't have this connection.

I'm not doing this to pick on you. I'm doing this because I truly don't understand your statement (as evidenced by my questioning of it now and my laughing at it when it was posted. I get it - you love this stuff and have worked it as well. That doesn't change the whole need for money.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Fans in general want to watch THEIR Team. Typically, that is their high school or college (not to mention the NFL), whether the one they attended or the one that they have a connection to for whatever reason.

Let us realise that a spring team can become "THEIR team" for people. As a former af2 season-ticket holder, you probably know that several Arena Football League teams became engrained in their communities during that league's peak: the Iowa Barnstormers, the Albany Firebirds, the Orlando Predators, the Tampa Bay Storm, the Arizona Rattlers.   These teams were so beloved that the names lived on at lower levels.  The Barnstormers first returned in the af2, as did the Firebirds; and currently there are Barnstormers and Rattlers teams in the IFL, as well as an Orlando Predators team in the NAL. 

The original USFL's Tampa Bay Bandits had a strong connection with local fans, and the second XFL's St. Louis BattleHawks were well on their way to building such a connection before the onset of the pandemic shut down the league.

So this explains why people keep trying.  But you are right to note that success requires having a great storehouse of money to start, as the AAF demonstrated.  Unless owners and backers are willing to take losses for a few years, they shouldn't bother.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/38169495/dallas-new-spring-football-team-hires-ex-baylor-coach-art-briles

The IFL has hired Art Briles, and says they will be bringing in Nick Rolovich in as well. We'll see how this goes. They're planning on playing in June 2024. 

This league needs to hold firm on the hiring of Briles and not rescind it due to backlash.  

9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This league needs to hold firm on the hiring of Briles and not rescind it due to backlash.  

They're going after controversial coaches to get attention for their league. Rolovich was fired for refusing to follow the laws of the state when it came to vaccines requirements. They aren't getting rid of Briles, or Rolovich if he comes in. They also may never kick a ball, so we'll see if it even matters. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They're going after controversial coaches to get attention for their league. Rolovich was fired for refusing to follow the laws of the state when it came to vaccines requirements. They aren't getting rid of Briles, or Rolovich if he comes in. They also may never kick a ball, so we'll see if it even matters. 

they also have a team in Dallas, which is a weird choice seeing as though the area already has two outdoor teams (Cowboys and Renegades) and an indoor team (Frisco Fighters).

Back on topic, there are apparently two leagues named "Major League Football"  the one that is the topic of this thread and another one playing in the fall:

MLF – Major League Football

However this one has had plans to play in the fall for the last three years but never happened.  

• 4 weeks later...