2024 Winter Classic - Update 1/8

DTConcepts

Hey y'all, I've got a one-off concept for you today. With the NHL officially announcing the Seattle Kraken and Vegas Golden Knights as the teams for the 2024 Winter Classic, I decided to fire up Photoshop and try my hand at designing a jersey for each team. Let me know what you think:

ijtD5J1.jpg

• Like 4

Love the addition of an old-timey anchor for the Kraken! Part of me thinks that, the way you have it, it either should be a red shoulder patch (I guess the game patch would go on the stripes instead) OR the S logo should be blue so the two match better... but I do love the anchor in blue where it is. Any chance we could see this in white + double blue?

The Knights jersey striping looks great, and the starburst on the pants is a nice touch! I like that you're going for that Minnesota Winter Classic look, but I'm not really feeling the crest/wordmark the way it's currently outlined. I'd want to shorten the V, put in gold with gray outline, and make everything else in un-outlined gray... And I'd consider arching the bottom text too.

Anyways, good work!

• Like 1

Updates based on suggestions:

pG6pMUt.jpg

- Changed the Kraken's color scheme, including the striping and the crest. I like the overall look of the red better, but this is definitely more in-line with their brand.

- Slightly tweaked the Kraken's gloves to match the new colors.

- Made changes to the Golden Knights' crest. It felt weird putting the word "GOLDEN" in grey lettering, so I kept the overall color scheme intact. I did put the lettering in a more circular formation, though. I also tweaked the stars on the sides of the crest and added flourishes to the 'V' to make the whole thing more Vegas-y.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

• DTConcepts changed the title to 2024 Winter Classic - Update 1/8

The new Kraken look is excellent; the way the hem and collar match now is a nice little touch that goes a long way. The colors are quite nice this way too.

Your updated starbursts and more circularly-arched text are huge improvements for Vegas! The floral V is a bit odd in gray and gold but it'd work well tonally... Or you could replace them with the rivets and/or beveling effect that the team sometimes uses on their logo!