2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

52 minutes ago, Cujo said:

To insinuate their '94 unis are better than their full-time throwbacks is insanityyyy

95321114_10156992274516875_1353594351044788224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=7f8c78&_nc_ohc=pghR9dnXskIAX-cWBe1&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=00_AfD9M-zNEPj8ld7a2ckghUHiIaN-LzAGYIrGdPrH2k21MQ&oe=658F4778

Drake-jackson-Celebration-USATSI-21391061.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&fit=1200,675

Who's insinuating that?

Also, you don't have to call the 49ers uniforms full time throwbacks. They're just the primary uniforms. Are you trying to say that you want the 49ers to update to something more modern? Because if so, I completely disagree.

• Like 1

I feel like the key to the 49ers is deciding whether to incorporate black as an accent color or not. Personally, I lean towards “no,” as I think their unique red & gold color scheme is more than enough to stand on its own. I even think they could afford to drop the black from the helmet logo.

However, I wouldn’t blame somebody one bit who wanted to keep the black dropshadows on the numbers and in the logo, as that’s far from a bad look in itself. I would just want the team stick with gold pants almost entirely, and to settle on one look as opposed to having two remarkably similar but yet distinct identities.

• Like 4

The 49ers have the perfect home, road, home throwback, road throwback lineup. They deployed it perfectly this year: Red primary at home, white primary on the road, red throwback for the home opener and Christmas, white throwback on Thanksgiving. Any other uniforms or changes simply aren't necessary. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Since both unis are in rotation.. For shlts and grins, I wouldn't object.

iriztqanls5umo4infqp.jpg

That would be amazing, but I don't think Dallas has worn the proper silver pants with the white star uniforms since they reintroduced them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

That would be amazing, but I don't think Dallas has worn the proper silver pants with the white star uniforms since they reintroduced them.

I was gonna say they haven't worn the proper silver pants in a while, but I don't wanna Cowboy-jack the thread again 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

The 49ers have the perfect home, road, home throwback, road throwback lineup. They deployed it perfectly this year: Red primary at home, white primary on the road, red throwback for the home opener and Christmas, white throwback on Thanksgiving. Any other uniforms or changes simply aren't necessary. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Change the facemask to red and then it is a perfect uniform. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 7

spacer.png

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

The 49ers are the only "gray facemask for no good reason team" that has never bothered me.

Could live with red, but know it'll never happen -- not unless they do another full-blown overhaul.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This photo isn’t exactly an accurate representation of how most players wear the uniform. I still agree though.

It isn't, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show how the white throwback is supposed to be worn. It'll never happen outside of 2-3 players a game, but I applaud them for keeping proper socks alive.

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

It really isn't necessary. Again, the whole point of the 49ers current uniforms is that they're basically what they wore in the 80s with a few minor tweaks. Plus, a red facemask will remind us 49ers fans of the dark ages, more than anything.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1