2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Ya but the navy helmet with royal unis

I mean, yeah, a mismatched helmet isn't ideal, but overall the classic look is way more vibrant. A much better fit for sunny Los Angeles. Plus, the Giants had the same problem back then. The helmet isn't a deal-breaker for me.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

More proof that Cox was a better central character to the show than J.D. ever was. He was funnier, had more character development, and could carry a dramatic scene far better.

The three best characters on that show were Dr. Cox, Dr. Kelso, and Dr. Jan Itor. You can rank them in any order you want from there, but that's the top three.

• LOL 3

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Say what you will, but this is the best Rams uniform this century.

And the further we get away from them, the more I kinda wish they'd come back em.

22747_877__1.jpg

I do not like those drab colors. They look better with royal blue and athletic gold. Those are St. Louis colors and should stay in St. Louis.

• Like 1

Just now, Silver_Star said:
3 hours ago, Cujo said:

22747_877__1.jpg

I do not like those drab colors. They look better with royal blue and athletic gold. Those are St. Louis colors and should stay in St. Louis.

I get that. But if the LA Rams could MS Paint bucket royal and yellow into these unis 👍

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I get that. But if the LA Rams could MS Paint bucket royal and yellow into these unis 👍

I could see that. I seen some that has done versions of that style in royal blue and athletic gold before. Here is the link,

5aukc0us4sl31.jpg

But I have seen people use navy blue and athletic gold using the throwbacks as a template,

ff995090133117.5e1e6192cb5c5.jpg?w=1000&

972b8a90133117.5e1e6192cccce.jpg?resize=

Los Angeles Rams Uniform Redesign on Behance

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I could see that. I seen some that has done versions of that style in royal blue and athletic gold before. Here is the link,

5aukc0us4sl31.jpg

Getting warmer. Retire the goathead and the wordmark and lose the white between blue and gold on the home uniform. With no sleeve logo, you can move the numbers back there instead. Not sure what I'd do for numerals, but not the St. Louis ones.

I do like white pants on the road for the Rams because I think they're too gold-heavy otherwise. If you make the sleeves blue, you can get an old New York Jets thing going where sleeves and socks match. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Those colors were only dull because they were in St. Louis and played in a sub-par dome with terrible lighting.  Plus, over the years the metallic gold slowly devolved into basically khaki. 

I agree that the colors belong to St. Louis, but my homerism is deeply rooted; my late grandpa (who passed this July) and I had season tix from '98-'15. I remember when the uniforms premiered with the thick gold stripes down the end and the block font. I thought navy and gold were such a unique color scheme. The gold really did pop initially. As much as I'd hate to see L.A. use the color scheme, I can't help but to think what a navy on gold Rams uniform would look like under the Cali sun. 

Hell, I'd be happy if they just fixed the damn helmet. The original horn was iconic and why it was ever even considered to be altered is beyond me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AHcreative said:

Those colors were only dull because they were in St. Louis and played in a sub-par dome with terrible lighting.  Plus, over the years the metallic gold slowly devolved into basically khaki. 

Disagree. I've always found navy blue to be way more dull than royal blue. You do have a point about the metallic gold --> basically khaki.

To use the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins as an example, around the mid-2000s they had a black/metallic gold color scheme:

spacer.png

I prefer their current colors with athletic gold, but you can clearly see the shiny fabric, and it looked decent.

In 2007, though, the NHL switched to the Reebok Edge template for their jerseys, and I guess shiny fabric was unavailable on the new template, so the gold basically turned into khaki:

spacer.png

It's one of the most drab colors out there.

In short, metallic gold is very difficult to produce on modern uniforms that don't have shiny fabric. I'd rather the Rams go for athletic gold, which we know for sure is possible to get right.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that navy isn't more drab than royal, only that I liked the contrast a lot and thought it to be a really unique color scheme you don't really see much in sports. It's a shame really, because we have the technology to make metallic fabric and colors that match but the NFL, and in the Penguins' case the NHL, doesn't care. It's all about saving money. Besides, I know I'm in the minority when I say I like metallic gold over athletic gold. I'd love to see the Vikings try metallic gold and a dark purple like from the '70s.

Eagles need to find a way to bring the kelly greens to Dallas.  Just take the field in them - the league isn't going to cancel the game.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, AHcreative said:

I'm not saying that navy isn't more drab than royal, only that I liked the contrast a lot and thought it to be a really unique color scheme you don't really see much in sports.

It's the color scheme for Notre Dame, one of the three or four most famous college programs in the country. People had seen it a lot.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Eagles need to find a way to bring the kelly greens to Dallas.  Just take the field in them - the league isn't going to cancel the game.

I was thinking about this recently: What would be the punishment if a team wore their alternates one too many times? A fine or something? Because like you said, BBTV, they're not going to cancel a game because a team is wearing the "wrong" uniform, especially if that uniform still contrasts with the team they're playing. I could see, perhaps, sanctions of some kind (stripping owner voting rights or some kind of cap-related or draft-related penalties) if a team just refused to go back to their primary look in favor of an alternate (like if the Eagles tried to just wear kelly green for the rest of the year), but one game?

I thought it was wild how the Rams exposed how silly the rules about primary uniforms are when they moved back to LA by changing literally all of their uniform elements except the shirts themselves, and the league went along with it. From a merchandising standpoint, sure, the jersey is important. But from a brand standpoint, I'd argue the helmet is more important because it serves as de facto logo in many applications. And the Rams just kind of made up a new helmet design for that temporary time before their new uniforms. (Sure, it was similar to a look the franchise wore in the 60s, but it wasn't a throwback.)

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

I can't believe from the day Georgia Frontiere finally bit it that I hoped for the Rams to come back home, and then they actually did, only to wear lemon yellow, warm grey pants with white and yellow stripes, Fibonacci Sequence horns, contrast-stitched nametags, and rubber gradient numbers. For all the dumb ideas they had, they may as well have moved to Las Vegas, the world's dumbest idea. What a waste.

That was like poetry. God, I love this board. 🤣

When the Panthers debuted the process blue jerseys, they wore black helmets at the photo shoots. Subsequently, I thought this week we may get Black/Blue/Black/Blue, which would look FANTASTIC. And yet, we get process blue leggings, out of nowhere, for the league’s 235th monochrome look. 

Then again, it’s the Panthers, who *may* have bigger things to worry about.

I would like to see the blue pants with the black or white jerseys, because, screw it, why not?

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Do they have another alternate slot available? Have they worn black yet this season?