GriffinM6

AJFCJaWp1twUaetQM2wVZmnD2tdlkCBfp8hXOgsIMLg-UFBKAZlDljnCUdM3YuJJNfwuRPFLp0SRdoZIVvWmtnRUAKHvjBjdi_0cZNIlaVY6ltGiMPTtgeDN1otcrhk3PVY1b20rxnhs7Wk90a6lfoeInOqHGw=w400-h445-s-no?authuser=0

Hello all, and welcome to the Georgia Soccer League 2.0. Back in late 2016 and early 2017, I created a 12-team soccer league based in my home state of Georgia. After seeing @TheGiantsFan , @RevNet, and @jackkmart do some great work on their own state-specific soccer leagues recently, I was inspired to give this a second try with 40 teams this time. Now, let's take a look at the league map.

AJFCJaUD1ySv53rDa6JU58U1oaN7huAG1adEpuQP29r8PWDDRyd5lL_fpqycWw04yXwH5UDROno40ytOHOH0-nvXrk_ED3rmqUIJkgYxHq3evlZaOTW5H8H8DeLjG-s1_XRTdcyYXizdrUaFOEel8XJ5PMIN5g=w980-h929-s-no?authuser=0

In this 40-team league, there are 5 divisions of 8 teams. The schedule is made up of 46 games (14 against division opponents, one game against every other team). The top two teams in each division go to the GSL Champions League Group Stage, where two groups of 5 play home-and-home matches. The winner of each group plays in the Grand Final at Mercedes Benz Stadium to decide the year's GSL Champion. 

Lastly, I want to give a big thanks to @Jaffa for providing some excellent and up-to-date kit templates!

Completed Teams:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Without further ado, we have our first team, the Athens Arsenal. Athens is the home of the University of Georgia, which you'll see a big inspiration from here. This is also a carryover team from the GSL 1.0, so you can  expect to see a few more updates to OG teams along the way. 

AJFCJaV3l1OVFYvLNcqDdLkFVyOptimCWJcyzn9ycbsKpNQhGWyJq79fR-CZubGdly6Tq71nqLT6rfHIRuhL_UyOVytoPT_q3sS1ZJh9rx2tNzAuNVNzWmEFuHFQqwWavov7fXOZ9NnD-OUtbPX4USeFtjKI1A=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Spoiler

Obviously, the name comes from  the EPL's Arsenal FC, but the cannon shape is illustrated after an inoperable double-barrel militia cannon made by people ineligible to fight in the Civil War. The cannon has been preserved for over 100 years at this point.

Image result for cannon in athens

The primary kit is inspired by Arsenal's of course but also features vertical striping that mimics that on UGA's football pants.

Arsenal player ratings vs Chelsea as Odegaard and Jesus shine, Jorginho  makes starting claim - Tom Canton - football.london UGA football offers Mater Dei WR Jack Ressler

The clash kit is based on the facade of the Georgia Theatre, a landmark venue that is known throughout the state for hosting many famous musical acts over the years. 

HD wallpaper: Georgia Theatre, Athens, Georgia, famous, landmark, popular |  Wallpaper Flare

C&C is appreciated!

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Without further ado, we have our first team, the Athens Arsenal. Athens is the home of the University of Georgia, which you'll see a big inspiration from here. This is also a carryover team from the GSL 1.0, so you can  expect to see a few more updates to OG teams along the way. 

AJFCJaXT1n3h5Ljd3rvwUiOFQZ2Yrh4Xu44PfNi0inoVx0TAoTdb_VN-1544d9AJi7Fvojfg1ZbUidzR5ei8PMIRVxevWbe20hAn18q6Qmc5U6wsmmeHpVyEQKljdTmWXLaKA2hZOHtl1X3nyJL9trROlyQ7iw=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously, the name comes from  the EPL's Arsenal FC, but the cannon shape is illustrated after an inoperable double-barrel militia cannon made by people ineligible to fight in the Civil War. The cannon has been preserved for over 100 years at this point.

Image result for cannon in athens

The primary kit is inspired by Arsenal's of course but also features vertical striping that mimics that on UGA's football pants.

Arsenal player ratings vs Chelsea as Odegaard and Jesus shine, Jorginho  makes starting claim - Tom Canton - football.london UGA football offers Mater Dei WR Jack Ressler

The clash kit is based on the facade of the Georgia Theatre, a landmark venue that is known throughout the state for hosting many famous musical acts over the years. 

HD wallpaper: Georgia Theatre, Athens, Georgia, famous, landmark, popular |  Wallpaper Flare

C&C is appreciated!

I'm not sure if this is based on a real team but i would have used Athens and went with the olive branch logo.

Other than that i like the clash better than the Home.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Spoiler
On 5/23/2023 at 5:30 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Yesssssss another one, like the Alabama, California and Oregon ones I will follow this big time

Thank you!

On 5/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, tigers said:

I'm not sure if this is based on a real team but i would have used Athens and went with the olive branch logo.

Other than that i like the clash better than the Home.

There will be some other Greek-themed teams in the league. Like I said, it was a carryover from my previous concept series and there's more context in the spoilers in the post. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:46 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

If the home is Athens Arsenal, would that make the clash Athens Villa? 😂

Kind of happened that way unintentionally lol. I just really liked the look of the Georgia Theatre y'know? 😂

Next up we have Mannschaft Helen FC. This is one of my favorite team names and identities from the ones I've completed so far. 

AJFCJaW5-JMc499S67YlFwl34HJfirTsOi3dc3TbnSA1_gUGUAfWJXtsM-G9AN-dixKC4wKBBrjUGh01l4OoIqcfi4qW0_0Y7ZCkReu-kL0mShd0iqxNuakDQDgSnqk8RihYQI8r64KHUtWYDN_9MPtdgz2JvQ=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Spoiler

Helen is a German-themed city nestled in the Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia. In 1969, the town passed zoning laws for all buildings to be built around traditional Bavarian design. Since then, the town has been a major tourist spot and hosts a huge Oktoberfest each year. The crest colors are taken from the German flag and the design is inspired by Bavaria's most famous club, Bayern Munich. In the center of the crest is an H made out of a Bavarian checker pattern. 

Oktoberfest Helen GA | Pinnacle Cabin Rentals Bayern Munich Logo PNG Vector (SVG) Free Download 

The clash kit is inspired by Leiderhosen. and the front design forms an H shape. 

2,600+ Lederhosen Man Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock  | Oktoberfest, Tired business woman, German man

• Like 4

spacer.png

Yay!!! Another state soccer league! :) 

Some good stuff so far; you've got some fun color schemes in here!

My first critique is about your crest sizes. The Mannschaft crest is a good size (though it should be vertically centered with the Adidas logo), but the Athens crest is way too big, Going forward, just be sure to keep those crest sizes relatively consistent and centered with the manufacturer logo.

My second critique concerns the divisions. I think 10 divisions is a little excessive for a 40-team league, so maybe 4 divisions of 10 teams or 5 divisions of 8 teams would make more sense.

I think your original Georgia series happened during my several-year absence from the forums, so a lot of this is new to me (because most of the original images are gone 😂).Excited to see the rest! 

I hope this ends up becoming a staple of this site and every state end up being represented. Besides California, Alabama, and Oregon, didn't somebody do Minnesota once? I could definitely come up with club name and location ideas for New Jersey but I'm not good enough to design them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gwl144 said:

I hope this ends up becoming a staple of this site and every state end up being represented. Besides California, Alabama, and Oregon, didn't somebody do Minnesota once? I could definitely come up with club name and location ideas for New Jersey but I'm not good enough to design them.

There sure is a Minnesota one! It was posted on the forums back in 2015 but the images are long gone; here it is on Behance!

1 hour ago, gwl144 said:

I could definitely come up with club name and location ideas for New Jersey but I'm not good enough to design them.

Same with me and NY. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Spoiler
On 5/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

Yay!!! Another state soccer league! :) 

Some good stuff so far; you've got some fun color schemes in here!

My first critique is about your crest sizes. The Mannschaft crest is a good size (though it should be vertically centered with the Adidas logo), but the Athens crest is way too big, Going forward, just be sure to keep those crest sizes relatively consistent and centered with the manufacturer logo.

My second critique concerns the divisions. I think 10 divisions is a little excessive for a 40-team league, so maybe 4 divisions of 10 teams or 5 divisions of 8 teams would make more sense.

I think your original Georgia series happened during my several-year absence from the forums, so a lot of this is new to me (because most of the original images are gone 😂).Excited to see the rest! 

I'll update the Athens crest later today. Regarding the divisions, I wanted to do 5 or 4 divisions, but my geography OCD got in the way. I think I will end up changing it to 5 divisions of 8 teams though, and then the top 2 in each make the group stage. 

After going with two red-heavy teams to start things off, let's go to the opposite side of the color wheel with Augusta Green. This is the second team that featured in the original league. The namesake is derived from Augsusta's prevalence in the sport of golf. 

AJFCJaX3J0V-xiL2usApygn0oS2vaMO-GBZB-90q8A-tvhKK8WCzts0ZD8FMn9CufLAil_9rWAw1iOx4yl8xqt9Iw3IUg08Y0w6WirLsJ9RA4QvYximh0BEts2RSYuCqNMh-l6dCUdjU0tVyIqicNHExZNn-gQ=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Spoiler

The primary kit is directly inspired by the team crest. The crest contains the flag from the Masters logo and features the early 1900s styled soccer ball from Barcelona's crest.

Masters Tournament Administrative Operations Lead - Augusta National Golf  Club | TeamWork Online Barcelona Football Club Reveals New Logo Design - Logo-Designer.co

The clash kit is inspired by an old-timey golf outfit.

Old Tyme Golfer Costume Pin on Men's Collection

PS: Please let me know if the images I post are blurry or not. They look crystal clear on my PC monitor, but then appear slightly blurry on my laptop. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

I decided to take Memorial Day Weekend off from posting on here, but now we're back with our first Atlanta-based team. Here we have Engineers FC. The namesake derives from Georgia Tech and its prowess as an engineering institution. 

AJFCJaUE2Db5WAkKZa-ZxLSpvicqts8kJr84xh1hZzWepjvrJC2d05YsTbovNRhLF_Bz9E2V-coTbuV7DlxhuCdYHpT93DRZ0JsoM_TYL1_4cwt1gqkCuFDpPJNACu93OXnPw6sAXTEW8gswUML2DqBxQQQ3dA=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Spoiler

The crest is a hexagon due to Georgia Tech's mascot being a yellow jacket. The font is taken from the campus' most iconinc building, Tech Tower. The icons in the crest represent the three longest-offered engineering programs at Tech: mechanical, electrical, and chemical. 

The primary kit features a sash made up of elongated hexagons. The clash has a stripe made up of each icon from the crest.

Tech Tower Georgia Tech - Atlanta GA Photograph by The Photourist - Pixels

• Like 3

spacer.png

9 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I decided to take Memorial Day Weekend off from posting on here, but now we're back with our first Atlanta-based team. Here we have Engineers FC. The namesake derives from Georgia Tech and its prowess as an engineering institution. 

Lo5qBiIZyxtoGA2fND0bKIK4brhZd3f6d16DyaNYI310rgT4oirzsyNvxPdzqWQD-UL1wLyjetOMBCUy6jSKhDTdlG8eNSeP_Q70fI-oVHgK7JGOu66TTa22dkq8K9meqBQEteOYs8Ey6Tfb7Nkkm6l3Q6Q7l69M19npHP2DtKKRqCk5kMHTqcvTUHn7aLOdKQvz-PNFUNQ5LANt14XsrcllVe59HR1a94Hxxba61-aXKim5-3PGcQpQFKl7uh9ENbifkK751Iyyo7NL76MxCTEnI89ASP69WBilkLv30Ttr8rXnxw1iXJKPv0XOK0ZRJNbzvKc5WLkH8Fazz5ovWTOhRK6RhmFgoPNc9kaQMRLK4rQMKUffIEiBoqud3Cysr_ocs9oK1lUFHyJfSDRKk3esk0JPXR0OcEV3vQ8Zrwzk_Xlf3L-6udk4FirDjjcU5j9DqM5CGOn9NVU_wpls-St81bl5hMp73ts7LEfMk9ohnFqWyYlmWYfZpY8FpKnSmNKBTcS3ZYWxno_Mv_3Ywl1v2RgAVf71itHqlxds7tGJVmLIP56kXiVUY3QilYsacVjIKNlQd8DBLitL08KjjxcCvwZx6Dvcxus7sx0YuUkhiVBqGZx6AvVZ2ch7Evzg67Wfxc9PNp7kgM_wGinsjv5NlJ3WhL-69gZvq4pfHXM1JRFILwTuJ5vhs63grGXCVY6Ci8pTLs1Hgz8a-p6RCl2M7qX60v1NZkW7wQLi-imVOB0U90ZhGGG7GtaBvPG6r5-M2ohwlFkDGvAq_rjIrRu68S3H-V4evAVyjz3kVZMKFpqCb8DKWHXATbe4Kh1iPmCevTKn3zUAcGZThSEYVjWzdjAJiHNfCF9ZUHzxE40k-K4cJVhl8luGnrQZ1hMOn6Z0eXEJu-Uf0qKcWA3I5F-wWhVKaXs1DChwfPVjOFg1SA=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Hide contents

The crest is a hexagon due to Georgia Tech's mascot being a yellow jacket. The font is taken from the campus' most iconinc building, Tech Tower. The icons in the crest represent the three longest-offered engineering programs at Tech: mechanical, electrical, and chemical. 

The primary kit features a sash made up of elongated hexagons. The clash has a stripe made up of each icon from the crest.

Tech Tower Georgia Tech - Atlanta GA Photograph by The Photourist - Pixels

Links are broken 😔

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Links are broken 😔

Should be working now. Not quite sure why my PNG uploads stopped showing up. Really don't wanna have to make all of the new teams JPEGs because of the lower image quality. 

Next team will be posted this evening. 

spacer.png

The next team is Olympiakos Alpharetta. The name comes from Greece's famous club and coincides with Alpharetta's Greek-inspired city name.

AJFCJaX1lxCOO03ECboZMMFRm7eglHhOwLtMAk7MCLjyeAKAdwYO0yZlDWb9eJ2UIC-pMRssahyy3d1g-uDR4qoWh0qb34vjrC8qBfCK9Jzbj5jOyImo4QmZ7PLrkHmERDnZWEANVHG3HY3uS3bMZOv5C8A_HQ=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

@tigers Here's the Greek design you've been waiting for.

NOTES:

Spoiler

The crest contains an olive branch and pillar inspired by ancient Greek buildings. 

Colorful Olive Branch PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Greek pillars - Free architecture and city icons

The primary kit is directly inspired by Olympiakos' red and white striped kits.

FIFA 22 Olympiacos CFP - Kit | FUTBIN

The clash is inspired by the white shoulder yokes on Greece's 2001-02 kit.

Against All Odds: How Greece won the 2004 European Championship as 150/1  outsiders | PlanetSport

• Like 5

spacer.png

Next up we have State Line FC. This is the third carryover team from the GSL 1.0. The team name comes from the fact that Valdosta is the biggest town near the Florida-Georgia state line.

AJFCJaU6eieVDz9LXmLJhbW4BJXXNbKNJaicr_v26_1BlplAAEHRF14bf0n5JNG0hvreV8Qij_hzNHqzBLQsFtBuZo9xjB3RdZuQZgvKwos5VgwlW9vHJ1N9jHdoRY7CISSwXgZaKyHc24hfvjEnmNRS-dXbKg=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Spoiler

The team colors are based on the city flag, but with black instead of dark grey. The crest features an Azalea flower, as Valdosta is nicknamed "The Azalea City". The V, of course, stands for Valdosta where the team plays. 

Valdosta, Georgia (U.S.) Vamsha Nature Care Live Azalea Flowers Plant Indoor Potted Flowering Plants  : Amazon.in: Garden & Outdoors

The primary kit is an exact replica of the 1.0 version. The clash kit is based on the colors of pink and purple azaleas, and the chest stripes emulate the ones found in the city seal.

• Like 4

spacer.png

On 6/1/2023 at 11:31 AM, GriffinM6 said:

The next team is Olympiakos Alpharetta. The name comes from Greece's famous club and coincides with Alpharetta's Greek-inspired city name.

AJFCJaX1lxCOO03ECboZMMFRm7eglHhOwLtMAk7MCLjyeAKAdwYO0yZlDWb9eJ2UIC-pMRssahyy3d1g-uDR4qoWh0qb34vjrC8qBfCK9Jzbj5jOyImo4QmZ7PLrkHmERDnZWEANVHG3HY3uS3bMZOv5C8A_HQ=w1000-h700-s-no?authuser=0

NOTES:

Reveal hidden contents

The crest contains an olive branch and pillar inspired by ancient Greek buildings. 

Colorful Olive Branch PNG & SVG Design For T-Shirts Greek pillars - Free architecture and city icons

Against All Odds: How Greece won the 2004 European Championship as 150/1  outsiders | PlanetSport

Now I want pizza 🤤 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 1:31 AM, GriffinM6 said:

NOTES:

Reveal hidden contents

Very nice, logo is clean.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.