MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

What if... the Cardinals relocated to Milwaukee (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Cardinals → Milwaukee design, but if they changed their name to the Brewers. The uniforms are inspired by the American Association team.

NptQEnn.png

a10GCvs.png

TqQv8je.png

XzPlvXU.png

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Brewers (Cardinals)]

Wow! Perfect work on the Brewdinals! I’d buy that blue jersey in a heartbeat!

Would love to see a Cardinals set where they kept their original Brown Stockings name and shortened it to Brown Sox.

You’ve done such a spectacular job with each and every set. It’ll be a sad day when you wrap a bow on this thread.

Cheers to you 🍻 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would love to see a Cardinals set where they kept their original Brown Stockings name and shortened it to Brown Sox.

You’ve done such a spectacular job with each and every set. It’ll be a sad day when you wrap a bow on this thread.

Cheers to you 🍻 

I suggested basically the same thing, but with the Cardinals keeping their original "Browns" name predating the AL franchise now known as the Orioles.

Also there's been a lot of rumors about the White Sox potentially moving to Nashville https://sports.yahoo.com/nashville-linked-possible-chicago-white-194700623.html

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

14 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Also there's been a lot of rumors about the White Sox potentially moving to Nashville https://sports.yahoo.com/nashville-linked-possible-chicago-white-194700623.html

Ah yes, Jerry Reinsdorf once again threatening to move his team out of Chicago and to an oft-rumored expansion candidate city in order to get funding for a new ballpark, just as he did 36 years ago. Hard to see it actually happening, but it’s an interesting thought. 

Also interesting to note that there was apparently a Negro League team called the Nashville White Sox.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:01 PM, maxwasson said:

Good job on the Milwaukee Brewers (Cardinals) set!, I also don't think you've done San Jose Giants/Athletics though.

Thanks! As for the San José, I'm not really sure what else I'd do beyond switching the name of the road jersey.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, coco1997 said:

I think it's great that you thought to lean into the American Association Brewers' red-dominant look for a Cardinals-influenced design. 

Thank you! I almost switched out red for gold, but because of the American Association team, I kept the red.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Cheers to you 🍻 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, DCarp1231 said:

23 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I suggested basically the same thing, but with the Cardinals keeping their original "Browns" name predating the AL franchise now known as the Orioles.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really have to do with relocation, so it doesn't entirely fit within the confines of the series.

23 hours ago, maxwasson said:

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Ah yes, Jerry Reinsdorf once again threatening to move his team out of Chicago and to an oft-rumored expansion candidate city in order to get funding for a new ballpark, just as he did 36 years ago. Hard to see it actually happening, but it’s an interesting thought. 

Also interesting to note that there was apparently a Negro League team called the Nashville White Sox.

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen either, but it'd be interesting to investigate.

22 hours ago, Ark said:

I opened the thread to these, I love the Golden Knights gold inspiration

Thanks! I figured I had to do something to differentiate from my regular A's concept.

What if... the Tigers relocated to Pittsburgh?

Per @coco1997, after the Western League became the American League in 1901, the Tigers were rumored to move to Pittsburgh before a new National Agreement was reached in 1903. The Pittsburgh black & gold translates well to a team named the Tigers. 

u3x0rfN.png

YX9LHX2.png

ZNkpd8a.png

Lrp9tsr.png

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Pittsburgh Tigers]
10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Per @coco1997, after the Western League became the American League in 1901, the Tigers were rumored to move to Pittsburgh before a new National Agreement was reached in 1903. The Pittsburgh black & gold translates well to a team named the Tigers. 

u3x0rfN.png

9p6dJjS.png

ZNkpd8a.png

vKpPZii.png

Looks great! The home jersey looks exactly like I thought it would, haha.

Is that “Pittsburgh” script homemade or did you pull it from somewhere?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Good job on the Pittsburgh Tigers! I noticed that while looking through the list you were also missing New Jersey Expos and Sacramento Giants/Athletics.

I’m not sure what I’d name a New Jersey Expos team, and Sacramento would be the same as San José where I’m not sure what there is to do beyond changing the road jersey.

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looks great! The home jersey looks exactly like I thought it would, haha.

Is that “Pittsburgh” script homemade or did you pull it from somewhere?

Thanks! The “Pittsburgh” script was homemade, created from the letters of the Tigers’ road script.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, MJD7 said:

What if... the Cardinals relocated to Milwaukee (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Cardinals → Milwaukee design, but if they changed their name to the Brewers. The uniforms are inspired by the American Association team.

NptQEnn.png

a10GCvs.png

TqQv8je.png

XzPlvXU.png

This script font!  Where did you get it?  Elite.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! The “Pittsburgh” script was homemade, created from the letters of the Tigers’ road script.

I’m curious, since Ban Johnson wanted a second team to join the Pirates in Pittsburgh (rather than supplant them) do you think the Tigers would still wear black and gold? I know there seems to be an unwritten rule that all the Pittsburgh teams have to use those colors, but I wonder if a second MLB team would have wanted a more distinct look.  

Having said that, maybe in this universe the Pirates end up moving to New York, in which case it wouldn’t be an issue. :wink2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I’m not sure what I’d name a New Jersey Expos team, and Sacramento would be the same as San José where I’m not sure what there is to do beyond changing the road jersey.

You could make Sacramento purple and silver like the Kings or maybe the Sacramento Giants change their name to the "Sacramento Solons" for one of them.

I think you're also missing the Salt Lake Twins in this set as well.

gT1BtSs.png

The Original Senators (Twins) adopted the “Nationals” name from 1905-55. Would be interesting to see a set where the team kept that name AND stayed in DC in the style of current Twins.

The Twins did also threaten to move from Minnesota to Portland, New Jersey, and Las Vegas.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MJD7 said:

u3x0rfN.png

9p6dJjS.png

ZNkpd8a.png

vKpPZii.png

BLASPHEMY!

But so nice lol...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

sig.png

5 hours ago, CLEstones said:

This script font!  Where did you get it?  Elite.

Thanks! I actually created it myself, along with the help of @SFGiants58's Milwaukee Cardinals, using the letters from those scripts and forming some of my own in the same style.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I’m curious, since Ban Johnson wanted a second team to join the Pirates in Pittsburgh (rather than supplant them) do you think the Tigers would still wear black and gold? I know there seems to be an unwritten rule that all the Pittsburgh teams have to use those colors, but I wonder if a second MLB team would have wanted a more distinct look.  

Having said that, maybe in this universe the Pirates end up moving to New York, in which case it wouldn’t be an issue. :wink2:

That's a good question - I have a hard time picturing any Pittsburgh team not wearing black & gold, so yeah, maybe it'd be that the Pirates end up going to New York.

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

You could make Sacramento purple and silver like the Kings or maybe the Sacramento Giants change their name to the "Sacramento Solons" for one of them.

With all due respect, I'm fully aware of which sets I have not done that are in @SFGiants58's series - please trust that if I don't end up doing them it's because I wasn't sure how I would go about a name change and/or I didn't have a different idea good enough to post.

I've been trying to maintain posting one team a day, but over the past week or so it's been proving more and more difficult to keep up... with other life responsibilities picking back up, I'm honestly just about ready to put this series to rest and move on to focus on other things. But as I've said all along, I'll see what I can do with the recommendations I've been given.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Original Senators (Twins) adopted the “Nationals” name from 1905-55. Would be interesting to see a set where the team kept that name AND stayed in DC in the style of current Twins.

It would probably just be a simple swap of the home jersey on my previous Senators/Twins set, but I'll see if I can do that at some point.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Twins did also threaten to move from Minnesota to Portland, New Jersey, and Las Vegas.

I would need sources for these.

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

BLASPHEMY!

But so nice lol...

Haha, thanks! This is another set I'm glad didn't happen in reality.

• Like 1

What if... the White Sox relocate to Nashville?

The city & the team haven't had discussions, but the two have been linked due to the Sox' stadium lease expiring in 6 years and Nashville being a prime candidate for a team. I added red to harken back to previous Sounds' looks.

h5NPVW6.png

SLXtWlb.png

qsJatvH.png

iZ5mTca.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Nashville White Sox]
8 hours ago, maxwasson said:

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

With all due respect, I'm fully aware of which sets I have not done that are in @SFGiants58's series - please trust that if I don't end up doing them it's because I wasn't sure how I would go about a name change and/or I didn't have a different idea good enough to post.

Yeah, constantly bombarding @MJD7 with comments like, "Here are all the teams you forgot to do"  isn't an effective way to persuade him (or anyone) to actually design any of those teams. I myself have suggested a fair number of teams in this thread, but I've tried to make a strong case for each one and do so in a respectful manner.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the White Sox relocate to Nashville?

The city & the team haven't had discussions, but the two have been linked due to the Sox' stadium lease expiring in 6 years and Nashville being a prime candidate for a team. I added red to harken back to previous Sounds' looks.

h5NPVW6.png

SLXtWlb.png

qsJatvH.png

iZ5mTca.png

Much as I hate (and highly doubt) the idea of the Sox leaving Chicago, I really love this concept, and God forbid they actually moved to Nashville, it's a direction I could see them taking for a number of reasons:

- It would give them a reason to finally use their newish "White Sox" script on an actual uniform

- Black and red recalls not just the old Sounds uniforms, but also a classic era in White Sox history

- As we've seen with the South Siders' City Connect unis, thick sleeve stripes on a pinstriped home jersey feel like something the team would eventually adopt. 

Keep up the great work! 

• Like 1