MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Cardinals relocated the Baltimore (and changed their name)?

This is the same Cardinals → Baltimore premise, but if they changed the name to the Orioles, which would have historical precedence, with the team that eventually became the Yankees.

ljHN9m7.png

wE1glJu.png

BgzOAEl.png

BPrOFTV.png

Dude, Wow.

• Like 1

sig.png

22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Cardinals relocated the Baltimore (and changed their name)?

This is the same Cardinals → Baltimore premise, but if they changed the name to the Orioles, which would have historical precedence, with the team that eventually became the Yankees.

ljHN9m7.png

wE1glJu.png

BgzOAEl.png

BPrOFTV.png

😍😍😍

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 8/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, CDCLT said:

I love the Cardinals-style Orioles! Such a classic baseball design that translates pretty spectacularly to the O's. 

Thank you! 

I think the birds get a little lost on the orange set (the real-life Cardinals put a stroke around all that on their red jersey, maybe something like that is justified here?)

The hesitation I have with a white outline is that it would likely necessitate the script & numbers to be orange, which is why I'm glad the Cards don't have a red (regular season) alt:

sYC4pha.png

and as a matter of speculation - the STL Cards place a lot of emphasis on their STL monogram. Maybe this hypothetical Orioles franchise, instead of an O's mark, uses a B cap logo instead? (I'm really only saying this because I, as an O's fan, hate the O's logo and wish they'd replace it with the script B.)

Here's a look at the black alternate with the "B" monogram:

iOlPkPs.png

I don't really have a strong opinion about either, although I probably slightly prefer the "O's" variation.

On 8/29/2023 at 2:20 PM, coco1997 said:

Now THAT's more like it. Perfection!

spacer.png

I appreciate that some of these recent concepts are ones that (to my knowledge) no one has ever done, resulting in some really interesting and unexpected designs. Also glad that several of them have been my suggestions. :wink2:

Thank you for the kind words and for the inspiration!

On 8/29/2023 at 3:30 PM, MilSox said:

Cards as Orioles might be one your best so far.

7 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Dude, Wow.

4 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

😍😍😍

Thank you all!

• Love 1
  • Applause 1

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to Houston?

During the 1958 Winter Meetings, the executive secretary of the Houston Sports Association made a $5 million offer to purchase the team and move them to Houston. This was a good opportunity to go with the name "Colts."

5ZIajCs.png

vdMIFaS.png

Ed7Fki6.png

p2Gdwpk.png

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Houston Colts (Cleveland)]
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to Houston?

During the 1958 Winter Meetings, the executive secretary of the Houston Sports Association made a $5 million offer to purchase the team and move them to Houston. This was a good opportunity to go with the name "Colts."

5ZIajCs.png

vdMIFaS.png

Ed7Fki6.png

p2Gdwpk.png

Great way to work a “Colts” identity into this series. 

Any significance to the sleeve stripes or was that just a random design choice?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, teeray01 said:

Thanks for working that in.  It looks awesome!

Thank you, I'm glad it worked out!

On 8/30/2023 at 7:06 PM, coco1997 said:

Great way to work a “Colts” identity into this series. 

Any significance to the sleeve stripes or was that just a random design choice?

Thanks!

The stripes come from my main Guardians concept, I thought they worked pretty well here, too. I almost went with a basic navy/orange/navy stripe, but I wanted to try something a bit different for this version.

• Like 2

What if... the Phillies relocated to New York?

Along with the Pirates, William Shea tried to lure the Phillies to the Big Apple, to no avail. Obviously the name "Phillies" wouldn't work in NY, so "Mets" works as a replacement that still ties back to the city.

CKfmD28.png

X88prxl.png

u2PP45z.png

DptBlxL.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New York Mets (Phillies)]
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Along with the Pirates, William Shea tried to lure the Phillies to the Big Apple, to no avail. Obviously the name "Phillies" wouldn't work in NY, so "Mets" works as a replacement that still ties back to the city.

CKfmD28.png

X88prxl.png

u2PP45z.png

DptBlxL.png

I love this one! There’s a fun playfulness to it that would make for a nice juxtaposition to the Yankees’ more austere uniforms. 

In real life I think I’d prefer the cream alt to be the primary home uni, in order to set the Mets’ look even further apart from the Yankees.’

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

CKfmD28.png

X88prxl.png

u2PP45z.png

DptBlxL.png

Hmm.

Overall it’s good, but what’s throwing me off is the wordmark font. Understandably, it’s the Phillies font, but I don’t think it works for “Mets”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I love this one! There’s a fun playfulness to it that would make for a nice juxtaposition to the Yankees’ more austere uniforms. 

In real life I think I’d prefer the cream alt to be the primary home uni, in order to set the Mets’ look even further apart from the Yankees.’

Thanks! I honestly wouldn't mind the cream alt being the primary home, either.

16 hours ago, MilSox said:

Not bad. But I feel like the NYC equivalent of Phillies would be Gothams more so than Mets.

That's fair, I feel like you could make the argument for either. I'm not sure an intimidating name like "Gothams" would mesh well with the Phillies font, though.

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hmm.

Overall it’s good, but what’s throwing me off is the wordmark font. Understandably, it’s the Phillies font, but I don’t think it works for “Mets”

Yeah, you're not the only one that's said that. I tend to agree, but I also think that's part of the point of the series for some of these teams: that anything but our universe's version just feels "wrong" or "off." Most of the designs I've made, as much as I've enjoyed making them, I wouldn't trade them for any of the current teams we have today.

What if... the Browns relocated to Montreal?

Per @coco1997: After Browns owner Philip Ball passed away in 1933, two Montreal business moguls expressed interest in buying and moving the team there. I paired brown with a color the Expos used tangentially on their uniforms in powder blue.

ysSI9yR.png

rGHnXhc.png

Z6Dv6yh.png

rBzlbVW.png

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Applause 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Montreal Browns]
4 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Per @coco1997: After Browns owner Philip Ball passed away in 1933, two Montreal business moguls expressed interest in buying and moving the team there. I paired brown with a color the Expos used tangentially on their uniforms in powder blue.

ysSI9yR.png

rGHnXhc.png

Z6Dv6yh.png

rBzlbVW.png

Brown on its own doesn't feel very "Montreal," but paired with sky blue, it works brilliantly. It's also pretty cool that you were able to keep the fleur de-lis logo with this move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

ysSI9yR.png

rGHnXhc.png

Z6Dv6yh.png

rBzlbVW.png

This is my favorite one so far. Great work.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:12 PM, coco1997 said:

Brown on its own doesn't feel very "Montreal," but paired with sky blue, it works brilliantly. It's also pretty cool that you were able to keep the fleur de-lis logo with this move. 

Thanks! I agree, I nearly didn't have a Montreal Browns team for that exact reason, but once I thought to pair it with light blue, it worked out pretty perfectly. Like you, I'm also happy the fleur de-lis could make its way over (and provide a bit of visual continuity with the Expos).

On 9/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, HobbesTHero said:

This is my favorite one so far. Great work.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Someone has to use a brown and sky blue color scheme. It looks so good

Agreed, it's definitely an underrated color scheme.

• Like 1

What if... the Braves relocated to Baltimore?

Per @coco1997: In 1949, Boston Braves owner Lou Perini made a failed bid to move his team to Baltimore before working out a deal with the City of Milwaukee. I wanted to incorporate the Maryland flag a bit more with this iteration.

LNgMMVy.png

ouQk4Zl.png

A2CuWad.png

RhtTLXN.png

• Like 7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Baltimore Braves]