Vikings Field Art

DarthMan

Dang Darth,you beat me to it.I'm actually watching the game,and apparently

they are using the old script "V" at midfield and the entire old script "Vikings" in the end zones.I'm pretty sure though that this is not at all permanent as remember they share the Metrodome with the Twins and they are playoff bound,so I'm sure two months from now they will have the complete package

much better and cleanly done than it is now.What that will be I'll just have to wait til October to see.Oh...and this is post #400!!!

98Falcons.png

WiB I was wondering the exact same thing,glad you brought that up.I noticed it back in the pre-season and figured "Well,preseason game and you got pre-season field-painters."I was sure it would completed when the regular season started.For those that did not see it,the West end zone had Pittsburgh painted in it in black and gold but with small letters and there was way too much grass left unpainted.In

the East end zone all they had were white lines that resemble a back slash on your computer's keyboard.

98Falcons.png

isn't the viking font the font they used during the super bowl years?

i saw it when i was flipping through the channels and i saw a cowboys/vikings game break.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

WiB I was wondering the exact same thing,glad you brought that up.I noticed it back in the pre-season and figured "Well,preseason game and you got pre-season field-painters."I was sure it would completed when the regular season started.For those that did not see it,the West end zone had Pittsburgh painted in it in black and gold but with small letters and there was way too much grass left unpainted.In

the East end zone all they had were white lines that resemble a back slash on your computer's keyboard.

Pittsburgh U also plays at the stadium, so I guess they're just trying to avoid painting the field more.

The Steelers, I believe, have generally only put the word "Pittsburgh", generally in black lettering, in the end zone since they opened Heinz Field. They've never done anything flashier. They wanted to avoid anything flashy in an attempt to show that football was their only focus.

Also, just having Pittsburgh in either black or gold makes it so they don't have to somehow change the field art from a Saturday to a Sunday if both the University of Pittsburgh Panthers and the Steelers play home games the same weekend.

In Pittsburgh, they change the outline of "gold" PITTSBURGH from Black to Dark blude depending on who's playing. They changed to / / / / / / when they installed their new field-turf/grass surface. The other endzone (when grass) would read "Panthers" in a full lower case font similar to the stencil "Steelers". What they would do is paint over the "Panth" with "Steel". Both nick-names shared the same "ers" when the end-zone was re-painted.

Archived